Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Chelsea Clinton paid $600K by NBC - Dylan Byers and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Same liberals that blast CEO pay, blast some wealthy and preach about inequality. Hypocrites. No way has she every done anything worthy of a salary like that, especially when NBC, the Clintons, and liberals everywhere love to preach about the poor and unfortunate.

Let me guess, she thinks shes as broke as her mom was huh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Chelsea Clinton paid $600K by NBC - Dylan Byers and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Same liberals that blast CEO pay, blast some wealthy and preach about inequality. Hypocrites. No way has she every done anything worthy of a salary like that, especially when NBC, the Clintons, and liberals everywhere love to preach about the poor and unfortunate.

I agree. It is suspicious. From your link:

"Yet Clinton’s appointment did not mark the first time NBC Universal had hired children of high-ranking politicians. In 2009, it hired George W. Bush’s daughter Jenna Bush Hager to serve as a correspondent on the “Today” show. In 2011, it hired Sen. John McCain’s daughter Meghan McCain as a contributor on MSNBC".[LEFT]
Read more: Chelsea Clinton paid $600K by NBC - Dylan Byers and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com
[/LEFT]

There are benefits to being the children of high ranking politicians.

Such is life.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:11 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,009 times
I don’t mean to pick on (Chelsea); she’s done nothing wrong. She has a famous name and a semi-famous face, and in a celebrity culture like our own, that makes her qualified enough. She’ll draw eyeballs, which makes her no less deserving and probably more so than many. But her new high-profile job, and the quick ascent of others similarly situated, do serve as reminders of just how institutionalized such advantages really are.

Oh, sorry. That's from a column complaining about Jenna Bush Hager's Today show deal. Hopefully Jenna got as sweet a deal as Chelsea.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:17 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:

She was paid by NBC to have a baby to increase the chances of Hillary becoming president.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:24 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
She was paid by NBC to have a baby to increase the chances of Hillary becoming president.
Sorry, there is nothing Chelsea could do that would encourage me to vote for Hillary.
absolutely NOTHING!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Sorry, there is nothing Chelsea could do that would encourage me to vote for Hillary.
absolutely NOTHING!
Just wait until the baby is born and the plan comes to fruition. Involuntarily your psyche will be compelled to vote for Hillary and the left's conspiracy will have become fully operational.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:31 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Just wait until the baby is born and the plan comes to fruition. Involuntarily your psyche will be compelled to vote for Hillary and the left's conspiracy will have become fully operational.
You are joking, right?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:

.....I guess the "Free Market" disagrees with you.

You sound very bitter.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Well as Bill pointed out recently, she has several degrees:

She has a doctorate in Philosophy
Masters in International Relations
And she has worked for a hedge fund.

If they can pay Snookie 150,000 an episode on MTV, I'm sure NBC has the cash for Chelsea.
I just don't know exactly what she did for them - probably research.

See - having one of those "other degrees" pays off.
So go out and get that Ph.d in philosophy and rack up those student loans - you might
get a job making 600K a year.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You are joking, right?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies