Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 11:57 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Just because it's a pro life website does not automatically make it's findings inaccurate. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them wrong.

In the end, you guys don't really care about women. You support killing them. I care more about women and their rights than you do as I support their Right to Life. Pro Life is the only true position for a true Feminist.

And no, I'm not a Feminist, but I obviously care more than they do about women's rights.
Lol! You should try out for our Comedy Festival.

hahaha.com

Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Just because it's a pro life website does not automatically make it's findings inaccurate. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them wrong.

In the end, you guys don't really care about women. You support killing them. I care more about women and their rights than you do as I support their Right to Life. Pro Life is the only true position for a true Feminist.

And no, I'm not a Feminist, but I obviously care more than they do about women's rights.
don't delude yourself.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:

Listen, dude, I just found out you're 24 from another thread, and you know what that made me realize? You sound like one of those guys who is now all anti-feminist because you didn't get as much as you thought you should have when you were in school.

Go live some life and go through some experiences, and then get back to us with all you "know" about women and feminism.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:13 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvodene View Post
I got a vasectomy as soon as I could find a urologist who'd give one to a man with no kids. You'd be surprised how many people would tell a 34-year-old they knew my mind (I'd change it) better than I knew it. But yes, I was sterilized as soon as possible. Took another five years and I insisted she be on the pill til then, which she got on for unrelated female-plumbing issues.
You didn't clarify that you were male in your first statement. That was purposely misleading

You do understand that the argument here is about feminism and abortion? And that it's a uniquely female issue, right? So, yeah, you paid for an abortion that you're not sorry about, but you're the guy in the situation, not the woman. The fact is you are not in your ex's head so you don't know what it was really like or what she might/might not think about it.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:

WCR, you have an actual woman who's aborted a pregnancy responding to this thread. Consider this the City-Data version of "Ask Me Anything." I'll tell you the whole truth, both the good and the bad, about my experience.

In the meantime, here are some things I'd like you to know...

*I have always believed that terminating my pregnancy was the right thing to do, but I was very aware that I was responsible for preemptively ending my child's life. I do not believe that a pregnancy is just a clump of cells, even in the very beginning, and I think the pro-choice movement is wrong to portray it as such.

*I think the emotional struggles women face in the aftermath of abortion are mostly the result of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy and termination. People who are denied support during difficult life events, as women who abort often are, are vulnerable to less than constructive ways of coping.

*I believe that women who receive good medical and psychological care during and after abortion generally fare well, but these are not the women surveyed by LifeNews and the like. I have never been asked nor have I participated in any survey on the long-term effects of abortion. I am convinced that sample bias is a tremendous problem in abortion research.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-15-2014 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvodene View Post
When were you appointed to the Supreme Court? Oh wait, you haven't been? Your opinion does not matter.
This makes 0 sense. Someone not appointed to the supreme court in unable to create an informed opinion?
You can't just tell people you disagree with things like this. The same can be shot back at you. Why are your opinions relevant if you haven't served as a judge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I saw a really good documentary not too long ago called "Let's Talk About Sex".
There is still a great deal of sexual puritanism in the US, and sex is still dirty.
They were asking teenagers questions like "What would you think of dating a girl who carried condoms in her purse?" The kids in places like the Netherlands didn't understand the question. Carrying a condom is as ubiquitous as carrying a cell phone.
In the US, the answer was "I would think she's a sl*t.
It's so sad really. We still view sex as some dirty, yet at the same time, some how sacred thing. A man who has a lot of sex? Who cares. But a woman... disgusting! It makes no sense. If men can enjoy sex, why can't women.

Oddly enough, there is a scientific answer to how this became a thing. Early humans obviously didn't have birth control. They didn't need it. Survival wasn't easy so they had a bunch of sex. The women however had less. They had to. If they got pregnant, they had a 9 month period where they couldn't have sex. Men didn't have that problem. The drive to populate the Earth was found in both men and women, but men could simply do it easier as they were never really out of commission like women were. Oddly enough, the sexist view we have of sex didn't come from modern thought or civilization, but actually ancient humans. Religion added the whole sacred bit, but women got that bad end of the deal likely for the same reason. This is also been used to explain why men are statistically more likely to cheat than women.

All in all, sex education in this country is mainly trash. I had one required sex ed class, and it was in 8th grade. We learned mostly about STD and abstinence. STDs are important. It was mostly a scare tactic, I felt, as they only showed extreme cases buy whatever. Teaching abstinence however is a complete waste of time. We did talk about condoms, but I distinctly remember having a long speech about how abstinence is the best option. It's the best way not to get pregnant, but I hardly consider that sex ed. Sex ed implies sex is involved. Abstinence is not sex related, it's the absence of sex. It's like saying 'not skiing' is a hobby.

It seems to be many of these insanely outdated and unjustifiable views are slowly becoming less and less popular, which is a good thing in my eyes.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:51 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Listen, dude, I just found out you're 24 from another thread, and you know what that made me realize? You sound like one of those guys who is now all anti-feminist because you didn't get as much as you thought you should have when you were in school.

Go live some life and go through some experiences, and then get back to us with all you "know" about women and feminism.
Ridiculous ad hominine assumption.....nothing you stated has anything to do with my arguments.

I did not date in high school but I've been in several relationships and am in one now, I am not anti woman or anti feminists, I just wish that movement would respect men more. I believe women are equal to men, many feminists however believe they are above men and blame all of societies problems on us. I know because I used to date a feminist at the University.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Ridiculous ad hominine assumption.....nothing you stated has anything to do with my arguments.

I did not date in high school but I've been in several relationships and am in one now, I am not anti woman or anti feminists, I just wish that movement would respect men more. I believe women are equal to men, many feminists however believe they are above men and blame all of societies problems on us. I know because I used to date a feminist at the University.

one woman does not make an entire movement

Old 06-15-2014, 04:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Why do you hate the Constitution?

That's the real hypocrisy; screaming, "but...the Constitution..." only when it suits your needs or if you agree with Supreme Court rulings.
The constitution does not give the right to willfully destroy human life within the womb.

Abortion stops a learning brain.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The constitution does not give the right to willfully destroy human life within the womb.

Abortion stops a learning brain.
the constitution doesn't give the right to ride a bike. don't want an abortion. don't have one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies