Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Cue the swelling inspirational music and the rainbows and unicorns...

Seriously, dude, you need to get a grip. Even I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you with these ridiculous posts.
I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you guys as you keep trying to deny what is right in front of you. Read the writing on the wall, this administration is finished.

Why do you keep defending Obama? The loyalists make no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
It's over for the Obama administration and the Democrats as a whole. The sun is setting and a new chapter of Conservative America is rising.

Even NBC, the biggest pro-Obama company around, is finally admitting it.
Just keep following that yellow brick road, LOL!!!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> Elections are easier to fake than polls. Haven't you learned anything from the last four Presidential elections? " Surprise" wins in key elections seem to be commonplace these days.
The last "surprise" win was GWB in 2000 - and that was mostly due to the supreme court, and Al Gore's absurd refusal to appear with Clinton at campaign stops. 2004, 2008, and 2012 were pretty easily predictable - and in fact, they were predicted, right down to electoral counts, by one Nate Silver.

I'm an amateur, and even I knew who would win those three, hours before the West Coast voting places closed. 2012 in particular, I remember telling people "Yeah, they're calling Ohio for Obama, he won", while Karl Rove was panicking on Fox News. And frankly, I stopped worrying when I saw that the GOP's campaign theme was "We built it!", complete with a playing of "We Built this City" by Starship.

C'mon republicans, admit it, the only good speaker there that was covered by the major networks was Connie Rice.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you guys as you keep trying to deny what is right in front of you. Read the writing on the wall, this administration is finished.

Why do you keep defending Obama? The loyalists make no sense.
Hey even Hitler had loyalist down to the end, who went down into the bunkers with him to commit suicide when they knew it was over.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Hardliners will vote party line no matter who is running. GWB and Obama are both clear examples of this. Look how hardliners defend Obama every time he is caught lying. Look how hardliners defended Bush..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:04 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Cue the swelling inspirational music and the rainbows and unicorns...

Seriously, dude, you need to get a grip. Even I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you with these ridiculous posts.
He is however correct

Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
It's over for the Obama administration and the Democrats as a whole. The sun is setting and a new chapter of Conservative America is rising.

Even NBC, the biggest pro-Obama company around, is finally admitting it.
Except in that same poll, it shows that while Democrats sits at a -2 points favorability rating...the GOP is at -16. Only 29% of people polled hold a positive view of the GOP while the Democrats have a 38% positive.

The Tea Party is at the bottom of the barrel with only 22% of people polled holding a positive view there.

So...if it's over for 'the Democrats as a whole', what does that say about the GOP's chances?

Enjoy: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...20Release).pdf

Old 06-18-2014, 09:03 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
The last "surprise" win was GWB in 2000 - and that was mostly due to the supreme court, and Al Gore's absurd refusal to appear with Clinton at campaign stops. 2004, 2008, and 2012 were pretty easily predictable - and in fact, they were predicted, right down to electoral counts, by one Nate Silver.

there are no surprises anymore. The Deep South and a few dozen bison in the Plains get the GOP their 200ECs, and the densely populated Blue Wall, and the swing states go to the Dems, giving them the POTUS victory.

The Deep South get the wing nut fringe going, which widens the spread in Blue Wall and swing states, making them easier, bigger Democratic wins every cycle. 2012 was over early enough to make catching Jay Leno possible.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
there are no surprises anymore. The Deep South and a few dozen bison in the Plains get the GOP their 200ECs, and the densely populated Blue Wall, and the swing states go to the Dems, giving them the POTUS victory.

The Deep South get the wing nut fringe going, which widens the spread in Blue Wall and swing states, making them easier, bigger Democratic wins every cycle. 2012 was over early enough to make catching Jay Leno possible.
So your failed party is good at winning national elections, but totally incompetent at governing. Good to know.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
If that's the case, join the zero credibility club as yet another partisan hack who can't quit whining about "Obama."

Here are the facts - Obama is just a continuation of the past. If good old Bush was great enough to remain in office until the end, so is Obama. Another else is just more partisan hypocrisy from the far right, a collective of whiners who still can't accept the fact that their party is unable to produce anything more than bigoted morons as the follow-on to the worst president in history - good old George Dubya Bush.

And, no, Bush is not "the past" because we are still suffering as a nation from the idiotic decisions made by him and his party. Try to stick to the facts and quit pretending that US history began in January, 2009.
I didn't say anything about Obama in my post.

Yet again, you can't address the issues and instead go back to whining about right wingers and Bush.

Calling others partisan hacks who supposedly can't address facts... is that a joke? I won't waste my time with someone who has a serious case of projection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies