Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, they are. But also to fall. AGW can cause anything you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:55 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I thought they'd already determined that reduction in Great Lakes water levels were due to the canals and spillways that were constructed between them.
If a global warmer starts bothering you, just hold up a science book. Its like showing a cross to a vampire.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:16 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmm.... that's WEATHER, not climate.

Hmmm.... that's not climate either.

Hmmm..... and that's not PREDICTING climate either. That's speculating on the past.

Hmmm....That's not climate either. In fact, predicting the path of a hurricane has nothing to do with climate.

Yes, since they have failed to do so over and over again. Predicting weather is quite easy. Climate, not so much.
The cause of global warming has nothing to do with climate, rather it has to do with the greenhouse effect.

"John Tyndall discovered in 1859 that several gases, including carbon dioxide and water vapor, could trap heat. This was the first evidence for what we know now as greenhouse gases."

"The moon provides evidence of what the Earth might be like without an atmosphere that sustained the greenhouse effect. The moon’s surface reaches 266 degrees F in direct sunlight at the equator, and when the sun ‘goes down’ on the moon, the temperature drops almost immediately, and plunges in several hours down to minus -166 degrees F."

"The most conclusive evidence for the greenhouse effect – and the role CO2 plays – can be seen in data from the surface and from satellites. By comparing the Sun’s heat reaching the Earth with the heat leaving it, we can see that less long-wave radiation (heat) is leaving than arriving."

Has the greenhouse effect been falsified?

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I thought that water levels were supposed to rise due to AGW?
According to the "NOAA /National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration" sea levels are rising.

Is sea level rising?
http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/educati...eets/issea.pdf

Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Oh give it up, Mircea. The AGW bots are interested only in propagating their talking points. When the are not screaming that every bit of opposition research is funded by Exxon Mobile, that is!
I've asked before, but why don't you show us the "opposition" research that refutes the greenhouse effect....Oh, wait....There is no such research....Silly me.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So, how many glaciers are supposed to exist during an Inter-Glacial Period?

Why don't you pray to the AGW God for the answer to that very important question?

I'm sure the AGW God knows the exact number of glaciers that are supposed to exist.

It's all preordained, right?

How come the AGW God never wrote down the exact sea level height on one of the Sacred CO2 Scrolls?

Is it a secret only for Initiates to the AGW Religion?

Maybe you can commune with the AGW God and have a mystical experience in which the AGW God also tells you the exact location of all the glaciers that are allowed to exist, physical boundaries, mass and other useful tid-bits.

Apocryphally...

Mircea
I challenge you to provide (1) source from any respected scientific magazine or scientific organization that says "man made global warming is not real." (But you can not.)

Fox news, Rush radio, and republican CEO politicians say "global warming is a hoax", because if we combat global warming large corporations will loose money.

Meet The Climate Denial Machine | Blog | Media Matters for America
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace
Steve Coll: How Exxon Shaped the Climate Debate | Climate of Doubt | FRONTLINE | PBS

The following documentary shows how the CEO's at Fox news manipulate their viewers in matters of global warming.

The Billionaires Tea Party Documentary - YouTube

Old 07-01-2014, 11:48 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
We can predict the climate. Just go to the following website and type in your zip code, the website will tell you what temperature it will be around your house tomorrow (and 7 days from now.)
Forecasts
And just like the AGW doom-n-gloomers, they are invariably always wrong.

Quote:
Look around, we know the temperature of the moon, Venus, and Mars. And we know the temperature of the Sun (we even know the temperature at the suns core.)
Yes we do, and we also know that the temperature of each of those objects changes.

Quote:
Humans also know about the Earths climate from the past. The following link will tell you about the Earths climate 4.5 billion years ago.
4.5 Billion Years of the Earth
Very true. Unfortunately the AGW scammers are incapable of learning from Earth's past climate. Otherwise they would know that there is no such thing as a "tipping point."

Quote:
And we can predict the climate in other ways. We can predict the path of a hurricane from 1,000 miles away.
Not very accurately. We can only predict where the storm will be within a few hours. We have no idea what path the storm will take more than a day in advance.

Quote:
Is it so hard to believe that scientists can predict the future climate?
The proof is in the pudding, as they say. When these scientists have been wrong about every prediction they have made, it becomes very obvious to any rational individual that these scientists do not know nearly as much as they claim.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You have way too much time on your hands.
Naw, just another City-Data plagiarist.
warmlist

Old 07-02-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
YES!!! We can't even predict the path of a hurricane 1,000 miles away. I'm guessing you don't live somewhere prone to hurricanes, or you would have noticed the cone of uncertainty they have around the predicted path. It normally covers several hundred miles of coastline. We can't accurately predict the weather over 10 days from now. Not one past computer model accurately predicted the current weather - not one. So, yes, it IS so hard to believe scientists can predict the future.
I live in New Orleans and we get lots of hurricanes. But I was in Mississippi when hurricane Katrina hit. I went to Mississippi because my local weather forecaster said Katrina was coming to New Orleans as a powerful hurricane, so I left.

But you are correct about errors in hurricane tracking, but still I think they do a darn good job.

Chad.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:08 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've asked before, but why don't you show us the "opposition" research that refutes the greenhouse effect....Oh, wait....There is no such research....Silly me.
And you and your ilk cannot prove that the perceived warming that has occurred since the end of the Little Ice Age is not the result of said ice age ending, even though that is the most reasonable explanation.

Last edited by chuckmann; 07-02-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies