Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

$1 million fine plus court costs for every undocumented worker employed might make a difference. I don't think one is going to find many undocumented workers employed by publicly- traded companies owned by shareholders. Rather it's the perk of small business.

Who built your home/ office?
Who remodeled your home?
Who cleans your home/ office?
Who mows your grass?
Who planted you tree?
Who laid your patio?
Who nannies your children?
Who cooks the food at your favorite restaurant?
Who washes the dishes at your favorite restaurant?
Who picked the crops you eat?
Who packed the meat and poultry you eat?

Change will only happen when the risks of employing cheap labor are greater than the rewards.

pft!

The City of Austin, employs illegal aliens.

Many home builders are public trades as are cleaning companies(Merry Maids), Restaurants, meat & poultry(Tyson foods)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 01:30 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:

$1 million fine plus court costs for every undocumented worker employed might make a difference. I don't think one is going to find many undocumented workers employed by publicly- traded companies owned by shareholders. Rather it's the perk of small business.

Who remodeled your home?
Who mows your grass?
Who planted you tree?
Who laid your patio?

Change will only happen when the risks of employing cheap labor are greater than the rewards.
You say small business, but just about all the questions you ask apply to individuals.

As for "who packed the meat and poultry?" I recall several years ago that companies like Tyson were employing lots of illegals. I dont know about Foster Farms, but I wonder if their recent problems with salmonella‎ could be related to illegals handling the product.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Do right by the children? They're here illegally, pushed and encouraged by their parents and their nations! What about doing right by the US as a sovreign nation and doing right by the US taxpayers?

Will They Be Deported? DHS Secretary: 'We Have to Do Right by the Children' | CNS News

How about if he personally pays for the children? I'll bet at the end of the day he won't.
The right thing to do is to reunite them with their parents in their own country

Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"We have to do right by the children,"

No, he has a duty to protect the Citizens of the United States of America. He failed.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:36 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:

Who remodeled your home?
Who mows your grass?
Who planted you tree?
Who laid your patio?

That's one of the big reasons why there aren't any laws put forward by Congress on the issue. There are plenty of people lobbying Republicans to do nothing on the issue. Agricultural states and districts are mostly all red and oddly their members are pretty silent on getting any real reform done.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:43 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Children? Hardly, from what I have read the majority of them are in their mid to late teens. They are young adults not children. Why else would adult sized underwear be requested for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies