Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still support Obama
YES 40 28.57%
NO 100 71.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:47 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Of course.

He is better than any Republican alternative could ever dream to be. I have no desire to see more tax cuts for the 1%.
Everyone got tax cuts.. Wait, everyone who works not folks living off freebies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,088 times
I feel strongly that the reason this man is ineffective is because he is in over his head. Too young and inexperienced in Washington.

But the secondary reason is because race still plays a role in America. It's a sick indictment on the nation, but we have this common thread through all of us.

I would like to hang out with him just to pick his brain. And I wanted to do the same with GWB. Avid mountain biker like myself and lover of Shiner Bock.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
ashpelham I feel strongly that the reason this man is ineffective is because he is in over his head. Too young and inexperienced in Washington.
Agreed, but even worse his arrogance, in sidestepping Congress, he is going to have his way regardless....and I thought Bush was arrogant with Power. Wow.

Quote:
But the secondary reason is because race still plays a role in America. It's a sick indictment on the nation, but we have this common thread through all of us.
Yes, it does, but not to the degree some would want to believe...there were a whole lot of white folks who voted for Obama, and the black church I belong to, they no longer approve of Obama, either. So, it's not always about race, though some use that still as a crutch...

Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Everyone got tax cuts.. Wait, everyone who works not folks living off freebies.
Ha!!!!

Yea, through the underlyings a small tax cut. The majority of the tax cuts went to the 1%.

Tax cuts for the 1% increase income inequality, which requires working folks to pick up more of the welfare tab for the poor. Don't forget about the national deficit ballooning into the stratosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I feel strongly that the reason this man is ineffective is because he is in over his head. Too young and inexperienced in Washington.
Irrelevant. Obama is a Chicago political goon. Inexperience has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post

I would like to hang out with him just to pick his brain. And I wanted to do the same with GWB. Avid mountain biker like myself and lover of Shiner Bock.
Nope. That is the primary reason. Remember 2009?

Our primary goal is to make him a one-term president!

Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Agreed, but even worse his arrogance, in sidestepping Congress, he is going to have his way regardless....and I thought Bush was arrogant with Power. Wow.
Why wouldn't he sidestep a do nothing Congress? They won't pass any laws.

Quote:
Yes, it does, but not to the degree some would want to believe...there were a whole lot of white folks who voted for Obama, and the black church I belong to, they no longer approve of Obama, either. So, it's not always about race, though some use that still as a crutch...
Of course. Church-going black folks are hypocrites. I'm at odds with them constantly. They voted for Obama because he is black, but they disagree with all of his social views. Funny how that works.

I voted for Obama because he is better than any Republican candidate. He still is to this day.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
You keep claiming that he's so arrogant and he's sidestepping Congress. You can't "sidestep" a group that never comes to the table in the first place, and simply refuses to communicate with you. What exactly do you expect him to do, just sit on his laurels and never take any action because Congress is behaving like petulant children throwing a tantrum because they can't always have their way? They have specifically stated that they would say no to anything and everything the President wants. No discussion necessary. Whatever he wants, they are automatically against. They refuse to pass any laws. They do absolutely nothing. Exactly how are you supposed to work with people like that? Executive privilege exists for a reason. Obama is not the first President to use it, and I'm certain he won't be the last.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 PM

President Obama's Top 10 Constitutional Violations Of 2013 - Forbes

The constitution was in some part written so that not one branch of Washington could violate any of those writings and gain all power, it was written to help keep the laws not break them.

A president is not supposed to do what Obama is doing....he is in fact breaking the law....but...it's getting so that laws here in the U.S. mean nothing.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Opin_Yunated

Of course. Church-going black folks are hypocrites. I'm at odds with them constantly. They voted for Obama because he is black, but they disagree with all of his social views. Funny how that works.

I voted for Obama because he is better than any Republican candidate. He still is to this day.
why, what makes him better?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 PM

372 posts, read 450,565 times
Its funny because everyone thinks if you support Obama in anyway then you must worship him. I actually haven't been thrilled by his presidency. There are issues that I think he could do much better on and get republicans and democrats to come together on. However right now given the republican house of representatives I realize that this man has been fought against tooth and nail from the very beginning. From the 'waterloo' comment to the minority leader saying they wanted to make him a one term president. You can't govern over the country if you don't work together. I have not seen a jobs bill, a healthcare bill, an immigration bill, a tax reform bill, or anything out of the republican led house. They haven't explained it if they have one. Probably because they know its something that wouldn't pass.

What have the house actually done?

A bill on abortion. Try to destroy Obamacare. Anyone have anything else?

Say what you want but this president has resided over the most hostile times in politics. Therefore I know its not all Obama's fault as many on this forum try and paint it as. They say he is destroying the country but are not offering anything to help the country. Frankly Obama is the only one doing anything. The sad thing is once upon a time Republicans were at least willing to work with him. But now the Tea Party has taken over.

My question when are people going to have an honest discussion in these boards about policy and why they think its wrong and offer some solutions that your side have. The only thing we get is Obama Hate and that's it.

And polls. If they recognize the numbers for the president are bad then surely they must see that Republican's numbers are much worse. And congress as a whole is hated.

Anyways yes I still support the president because really he is the only one trying to do something.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM

372 posts, read 450,565 times
I don't understand the point people try and make about black people voting for Obama because he is black. People voted against him I'm sure for the same reason. It happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies