Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The money is completely separate from the company.
No I was referring to your simple framing of you controlling vs the company controlling. I get what you are saying.

The bottom line is there are far greater "controls" beyond either, that essentially are 2 different sides of the same coin. Just referencing this reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Oh, I'm sure Obama will be there for the middle class and protect us as well as he has since elected, which is not at all.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No I was referring to your simple framing of you controlling vs the company controlling. I get what you are saying.

The bottom line is there are far greater "controls" beyond either, that essentially are 2 different sides of the same coin. Just referencing this reality.
O.K. I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Oh, I'm sure Obama will be there for the middle class and protect us as well as he has since elected, which is not at all.
LOL, ok. Well he and the Treasury are pushing the IMF "reforms" In the 2015 budget iirc. All seems to be pointing in this direction.

The Fed's Plan B: "We're Going to Kill the Dollar"
quote:
"How do you solve a problem when you’re running a 10% fiscal budget deficit? You are not going to get growth without private sector credit demand. The government’s idea right now is that we’re going to export our way out of this, and when I asked a senior member of the Obama administration last week how are we going to grow exports if we will not allow nominal wage deflation? He said, “We’re going to kill the dollar.”

Senior Obama Official Says "We Are Going To Kill The Dollar" - YouTube

Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 PM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times
The last sovereign nation to achieve a worthless currency wins

Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
The last sovereign nation to achieve a worthless currency wins
It's all headed that way, though "worthless" is not really the right word. Supra-sovereign will simply be more valued than "local". SDR is already the unit of account for many things. The ukraine aid was also issued in this. They have discussed the SDRM and how that would work. The USD reserve retirement will need to be managed. SDRs offer this.

IMF Loan to Ukraine in SDR, not US Dollars

In one of those papers on SDRM(2002) they mention concerns over what motivation it will take to get the bond retirement and series of exchanges going. Even discuss municipal BK.

Then you can see the quota reforms from 2010, now this new paper regarding the bonds and "reprofiling". No one seems to be disagreeing, so no reason not to see this any day now. The BRICS are very motivated, hence their own bank forming.

IMF Board Authorizes Debut Bond Issuance to Fund Aid (Update1) - Bloomberg (2009)
quote:
The International Monetary Fund’s board of directors approved the issuance of bonds to the lender’s 186 members for the first time as it seeks additional sources of money to lend during the global recession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies