Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 04:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Do you have a source to back up your above statement?

Or is that something the "Great Leader" Rush Limbaugh said on the radio?
Common sense tells me that.

It stopped warming 17 years ago. The internet is replete with that fact which I have posted ad nauseum. When AGW theory becomes fact, then you have an argument. I deal in facts, not theory. Theory is only guesswork.

And for your personal edification I don't listen to Rush nor watch Fox News Or MSLSD, ABC or any of the other alphabet soup news outlets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Whats more important low taxes or our children's future?

According to the EPA CO2 caused global warming could increase the Earths temperature by 11.5 degrees F. in the next 80 years.
Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA

A 11.5 degree temperature increase would devastate our farming, livestock, and ecosystems. I'm all for low taxes, but perhaps the stability of this planet is more important than suffering from a high tax burden.
Godzilla!!!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Australia has a horrible economy, don't they?
What is this suppose to mean? Did I say they did?

Quote:
Are you willing to bet the survival of your descendents on it?
That things like carbon taxes are nothing more than a way to separate people from their hard earned money by the do nothing classes?

Yes I am.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I trust no government agency.

They are always in perpetual war with the people in trying to separate them from their money.
Here's a source showing the scientific organizations that say man made global warming is happening.
Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no scientific organization that says global warming is a hoax.

Here are sources from respected scientific magazines that say man made global warming is happening.
Global Warming Causes, Climate Change Causes - National Geographic
Costs of Climate Change May Prove High for Future - Scientific American

There are no respected scientific magazines that say global warming is a hoax.

And its ironic but I dislike government too (but for slightly different reasons than you.)

Chad.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Here's a source showing the scientific organizations that say man made global warming is happening.
Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no scientific organization that says global warming is a hoax.

Here are sources from respected scientific magazines that say man made global warming is happening.
Global Warming Causes, Climate Change Causes - National Geographic
Costs of Climate Change May Prove High for Future - Scientific American

There are no respected scientific magazines that say global warming is a hoax.

And its ironic but I dislike government too (but for slightly different reasons than you.)

Chad.
Yeah your post ended incredibility when you said Wikipedia..

Also you aware that magazines have to make money to stay in business you do see that they might like to drum up business by print biases studies?

so if it is not in "respected" scientific magazines?

I don`t give a damn about "respectability" or any other title of snobbery. The facts are what matters and more and more studies are coming to light that say it is not..

The United Church of Climate Change is a prove scam filled with lairs, thieves, and eco statist.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yeah your post ended incredibility when you said Wikipedia..

Also you aware that magazines have to make money to stay in business you do see that they might like to drum up business by print biases studies?

so if it is not in "respected" scientific magazines?

I don`t give a damn about "respectability" or any other title of snobbery. The facts are what matters and more and more studies are coming to light that say it is not..

The United Church of Climate Change is a prove scam filled with lairs, thieves, and eco statist.
Actually more and more studies, corporations, and republicans are saying man made global warming is happening.

The Koch brothers studies now show global warming is real.
Everyone's Talking About The Koch Brothers-Funded Study That Proves Climate Change Is Real - Business Insider

ExxonMobile says "global warming threatens to do no less than destabilize human civilization as we know it."
?The Risk of Climate Change Is Clear," Exxon Says | Motherboard

And many republicans want to combat global warming.
Reagan, Nixon, and Bush Officials Push Congress to Act on Global Warming - NationalJournal.com

Old 07-18-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Actually more and more studies, corporations, and republicans are saying man made global warming is happening.

The Koch brothers studies now show global warming is real.
Everyone's Talking About The Koch Brothers-Funded Study That Proves Climate Change Is Real - Business Insider

ExxonMobile says "global warming threatens to do no less than destabilize human civilization as we know it."
?The Risk of Climate Change Is Clear," Exxon Says | Motherboard

And many republicans want to combat global warming.
Reagan, Nixon, and Bush Officials Push Congress to Act on Global Warming - NationalJournal.com
For every study you claim say it is rule 3 more say other wise..

You doom and gloom is being rejected.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
For every study you claim say it is rule 3 more say other wise..

You doom and gloom is being rejected.
I already know that you don't trust any source, you only trust republican CEO politicians, Fox news, and Rush radio.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
The chart in this source shows Australians are using solar power in huge numbers, and the numbers keep growing.
Solar energy - Facts and advantages - Origin Energy

Solar power saves the day during Australia's record heatwave: pv-magazine

And Australia is making many breakthroughs in solar power generation.
CSIRO sets world record in generating "supercritical" steam using solar power

Only Fox news and Rush radio listeners believe man made global warming is a hoax. The CEO's at Fox/Rush say its a hoax because if we combat global warming large corporations will loose money. The following behind the scenes "Tea Party" documentary, shows how these CEO's manipulate their listeners.

The Billionaires' Tea Party (FULL) - YouTube
No rich billionaires or corporations are funding the "science" that you so devoutly believe in right? Not the Rockefellers, Heinz, Ted Turner, CEO of Enron, Exxon Mobil, Citibank, et al?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I already know that you don't trust any source, you only trust republican CEO politicians, Fox news, and Rush radio.
Really? That is news to me..

But then again anything that proves you wrong is is wrong or biased or racist or insert attack here.

We won, you lost, again...Get use to the idea of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies