Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Best go hit the hot tub to quell his outrage about this plane wreck. Obama is really mad too he may just drop more healthcare on us all to make up for it. Or just bend over and take it from Putin like he has been doing.
Give me your detailed plan on doing something about this incident.

Go ahead. If course, you can't and won't...but you'll yammer on like you have a clue.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM

662 posts, read 1,049,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Because terrorists don't have missiles that can reach a plane 32,000 feet up in the air. It seems pretty clear that this was an accident on someone's part and not a deliberate action.
Like I said, change the country and it is no longer a 'mistake'.

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Maybe send a scathing, line in the sand tweet. Gotta' be a cool Prez. And, prolly go find a photo op, where he can be backed by another smiling, laughing group of constituents. Wonder who at the White House is responsible for folding up all of the cardboard cut outs after each campaign speech?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
He's probably already unfriended him on Facebook, what more do you want?

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Instead of going through pages of speculations.

Plane was shot down by BUCK missile. It's pronounced "book" with short "oo" in it.
None of the Donetsk Independent Republic troops has that system. It's a large military grade one. What they have is shoulder launch system, equivalent to Stinger, with range several miles shy of being capable to reach airplane flying at 10 000 meters, or 33 000 feet altitude.
UKRAINIAN military forces in that region do have several Bucks. Operational, as part of their antiaircraft defense system.
DIR troops captured one of Bucks some time ago, but it is decommissioned due to major damage. It is not repairable or functional, due to lack of proper equipment and supplies to do so. DIR president clearly admitted they have it - as a useless trophy. Didn't even try to hide this fact.
Buck's range is 30km at the best. Airplane was shot roughly 52 km from the Russian border, so for Russian system to do so, it must have been inside the Ukrainian territory, and it's easy to spot. It's a LARGE mobile system.
Mof, from what I know from yesterday, airplane disappeared off radar screen way before 52 km mark, I'll know better tonight when I get back home and watch the news they do NOT show here, in the USA. I believe, a 100km mark was mentioned, though I doubt shot jet could have glided for 48 km to the crash site.

So before y'all jump onto propaganda band wagon, sit tight and wait for developments. Legally and according to the international airfare laws, Until it was transitioned to the Rostov tracking air support, that airplane was responsibility/liability of the Ukraine. There is a mark 5 km from Russian border, where such transition is done automatically and Rostov air control center takes over. It never happened.

Title says "Shield of Ukraine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEfl3NxRQE

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-18-2014 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: English only please

Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Remember the debates???

Romney said Russia was a concern......

And Obama laughed???
Yes, I remember. Romney called Russia "our number one geopolitical foe". This civil war/border dispute does not make Russia "our number one geopolitical foe" or even "a geopolitical foe".

Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Give me your detailed plan on doing something about this incident.

Go ahead. If course, you can't and won't...but you'll yammer on like you have a clue.
I'd not draw lines in the sand, and then do nothing when they were crossed. I'd not enact foreign policy decisions and actions that made me look weak, vacillating and uncommitted, like backing out of a missile defense network for Poland, flee Iraq in a reckless manner, do nothing to stop or address aggressive actions by rogue governments and terrorist groups. I'd not drive my allies into the waiting embrace of Russia, Iran and Syria.

The list goes on, but in essence, I'd do everything completely the opposite of Obama.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'd not draw lines in the sand, and then do nothing when they were crossed. I'd not enact foreign policy decisions and actions that made me look weak, vacillating and uncommitted, like backing out of a missile defense network for Poland, flee Iraq in a reckless manner, do nothing to stop or address aggressive actions by rogue governments and terrorist groups. I'd not drive my allies into the waiting embrace of Russia, Iran and Syria.

The list goes on, but in essence, I'd do everything completely the opposite of Obama.
Yeah..........but we are imperialist thugs who want to kill everybody. lol

Old 07-18-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He's probably pretty happy that the media has stopped covering the 3rd world parasites swarming the border.
Yep............deflect

Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes, I remember. Romney called Russia "our number one geopolitical foe". This civil war/border dispute does not make Russia "our number one geopolitical foe" or even "a geopolitical foe".
Unfair! - using Romney's actual words, when Driller1 remembers a much better version.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Because terrorists don't have missiles that can reach a plane 32,000 feet up in the air. It seems pretty clear that this was an accident on someone's part and not a deliberate action.
So it seems. I want to know how this plane who was shot down at where you say has two engines right there on the news. It should have gone to pieces all over the place. Over miles. I am a bit of a conspiray type and this one looks as bad as the rest. We will see as things pan out though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies