Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is that the CIA enjoys a great deal of leeway and very little real accountability. They like Narcs tend to be dirty by job description. That said they make a lot of mistakes and not only are they well paid for their mistakes they aren't held accountable for them. 911 CIA made some huge mistakes, in fact they seem to be an international Keystone cops act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 05:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Benghazi was another CIA debacle. According to Edward Klein, only 7 of 40 Americans stationed in Benghazi were State Dept. The rest were all CIA. Stevens and the other Dept of State people were providing cover for the CIA.

According to Seymour Hersh, the CIA was running a 'rat line' (i.e. weapons smuggling operation) out of Benghazi. According to Klein, Hillary had assumed that the CIA would take care of security for Stevens and the other State people, but of course that proved to be a wrong assumption. But she was complicit; the CIA op was probably illegal and was done without the knowledge or consent of Congress..

Since she was complicit, she had no choice but to go along with the absurd youtube video meme concocted by Obama for political purposes. The election was only a couple months away, and Pres. Obama did not want any 'Al Qaeda resurgent' narrative or headlines.

In essence Pres Obama had put Hillary Clinton into a box. But the real root of the problem was the CIA.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No...I disagree. Sure there were Intel failures.

But the massaging of that poor Intel by the Bush Administration to make it read what they wanted it to read was the REAL problem.
What is your evidence?

According to Paul Pillar, who was CIA national intel officer for the mid east, there was kind of a mutual self-deception at work between the CIA and White House:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra II
Looking back on the intelligence reports, Pillar noted that there had been a subtle but significant tendency by analysts to give the White House what it wanted...."For any analyst, favorable attention to policymakers is a benchmark of success. There was a natural bias in favor of intelligence production that supported, rather than undermined, policies already set."

Old 07-19-2014, 05:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What is your evidence?

According to Paul Pillar, who was CIA national intel officer for the mid east, there was kind of a mutual self-deception at work between the CIA and White House:
You just posted it.

BTW...read Stovepipe by Seymour Hersch. It's a piece he wrote in the New Yorker if I'm not mistaken. I can't link it because I'm using my phone.

He lays it all out in detail...and it's irrefutable.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You just posted it.

BTW...read Stovepipe by Seymour Hersch. It's a piece he wrote in the New Yorker if I'm not mistaken. I can't link it because I'm using my phone.

He lays it all out in detail...and it's irrefutable.
Here is what you posted:

Quote:
But the massaging of that poor Intel by the Bush Administration to make it read what they wanted it to read was the REAL problem.
In no way does that comport with the quote that I posted. I propose that we let other posters weigh in on whether your version is congruent with the reality. Other posters...what do you all think?

Old 07-19-2014, 06:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here is what you posted:

In no way does that comport with the quote that I posted. I propose that we let other posters weigh in on whether your version is congruent with the reality. Other posters...what do you all think?
Stovepipe...read it. It takes 10 minutes.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
Quote:
Should we keep and reform what we have, or should we scrap it the way we did the OSS and start over...with a fresh mandate?
OSS was never really scraped although on paper it was "disbanded." In reality all files and two divisions were saved and moved to CIG and within two years the NSA of 1947 changed the CIG to the CIA. As time went on four OSS agents became Directors of Central Intillegence.

You don't hear about the successes of the CIA but you definitely hear of the failures. Sometimes too much credit for the failures is given to the CIA as congress people and presidents refuse to take any responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
The CIA killed both Kennedy's.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
I do think we need the CIA. They go undercover and assimilate themselves into another culture in order to gain information to help us and others other countries. It's a horrible and grueling job and that person pays a high price for their country.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:17 PM

45,256 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I do think we need the CIA. They go undercover and assimilate themselves into another culture in order to gain information to help us and others other countries. It's a horrible and grueling job and that person pays a high price for their country.
Sounds like they got to you

No we don't need them, they operate in secret, their budget is off the books and they specialize in creating global instability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies