Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 09:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 17,208,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
the evidence doesn't support your beliefs.
In no way does the use of flaming kites and incendiary balloons, car rammings of civilians, suicide bombing or tunneling under a border comport with being part of the civilized world. That is all the evidence that is needed.
Quote:
And really what is meant by stand by? If it means politicians spouting meaningless platitudes in support of, I suppose that isn't the worst thing. Now as far as politicians robbing Americans and redistributing the loot to Israel, that needs to stop ASAP.
Israel has better representation in congre$$ than the working stiffs of the good ole USA.
To repeat the post to which you are responding, attacks on civilization do not stop with the initial target. Germany snatched the Sudetenland and Austria before mounting its attack on Poland and plunging the world into horrific warfare. The forces of civilization must be proactive in their own defense. Sorry, coffee klatches at the U.N. are ineffective at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 09:10 AM

702 posts, read 542,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In no way does the use of flaming kites and incendiary balloons, car rammings of civilians, suicide bombing or tunneling under a border comport with being part of the civilized world. That is all the evidence that is needed.
How do 300 mass shootings a year and locking thousands of children in cages comport with being part of the civilized world?

Old 11-13-2018, 09:13 AM

45,293 posts, read 26,553,744 times
Quote:
To repeat the post to which you are responding, attacks on civilization do not stop with the initial target. Germany snatched the Sudetenland and Austria before mounting its attack on Poland and plunging the world into horrific warfare. The forces of civilization must be proactive in their own defense. Sorry, coffee klatches at the U.N. are ineffective at best.
So far you've not offered a compelling case for anyone here stateside to die or be robbed for.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
How do 300 mass shootings a year and locking thousands of children in cages comport with being part of the civilized world?
On the shootings, ask the shooters. On the children in cages, ask the mothers who bring their children illegally across borders. I'm sorry, I have no patience for a point of view that demonizes a great but imperfect society as opposed to a true terrorist state.
Quote:
So far you've not offered a compelling case for anyone here stateside to die or be robbed for.
I wonder why you view the defense of civilization as less than compelling.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
On the shootings, ask the shooters. On the children in cages, ask the mothers who bring their children illegally across borders. I'm sorry, I have no patience for a point of view that demonizes a great but imperfect society as opposed to a true terrorist state.I wonder why you view the defense of civilization as less than compelling.

So when a MAGA chud mails pipe bombs to everyone that's been demonized by Fox News and the administration, and that's followed by a man posting about caravans on Gab and then going out and shooting up a synagogue, those are isolated incidents that can't be attributed to the GOP or American Conservatism.

But when a small number of Palestinians resist the illegal occupation of their country, they're terrorists.

Interesting... interesting.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:50 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,739 times
I'm an avid traveler and I have been to Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

If your heart breaks for the Israelis, you should visit the conditions the Palestinians (the original inhabitants of the land, and not some settlers from Europe) are living in due to the Israeli occupation. My heart goes out to everyone - certainly an Israeli who loses their life or the life of an loved one due to a rocket attack - but most of the ills are from the Israeli side.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
So when a MAGA chud mails pipe bombs to everyone that's been demonized by Fox News and the administration, and that's followed by a man posting about caravans on Gab and then going out and shooting up a synagogue, those are isolated incidents that can't be attributed to the GOP or American Conservatism.
Well the synagogue shooter was a "never-Trumper." Should I assume that he represents most Trump opponents?

Quote:
But when a small number of Palestinians resist the illegal occupation of their country, they're terrorists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

If your heart breaks for the Israelis, you should visit the conditions the Palestinians (the original inhabitants of the land, and not some settlers from Europe) are living in due to the Israeli occupation. My heart goes out to everyone - certainly an Israeli who loses their life or the life of an loved one due to a rocket attack - but most of the ills are from the Israeli side.
Remember, the "Palestinians" started the conflict. Israel may well finish it.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:03 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,739 times
Quote:
The Palestinians did not start this conflict. What started this conflict was the British deciding that there should be a country called Israel, over a territory occupied by Christian and Muslim Arabs, and even Jewish Arabs. Then a lot of settlers from Europe came, and began ethnically cleansing the Arabs (who did not identify as Jews) off the land they have been on since anyone can keep track of.

Some of the neighboring Arab countries, either out of religious or ethnic brotherhood, tried to eliminate this colonial creation, but failed due to military superiority and logistic support given to Israel by the USA.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Well the synagogue shooter was a "never-Trumper." Should I assume that he represents most Trump opponents?

The never-Trump movement is a GOP/conservative movement, so sure, we can consider him part of that movement. Nice own goal. Nothing to say about the pipe bomber I see. Appropriate, there's not really much to say at all, is there?

Quote:

The Palestinians didn't start anything, and by "finish it", I assume you mean finish the ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and turn Gaza into a permanent prison colony.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM

858 posts, read 426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

The majority of Israeli's trace their ancestry to Arab lands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies