Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Even if that's true, it's not stopping the exodus of "more educated" Blacks out of blue states and into southern red states in pursuit of better opportunities.
Like I said, cost of living. More educated Blacks are finding it cheaper down here. If it weren't for the cost of living, I would leave. And the opportunities around here aren't as great as you claim. I live here, so I know better. Have YOU been here?

You also have to consider how many Blacks work in the big cities, with there are larger Black populations, and then commute out to far off suburbs.

I notice Black populations have increased considerably in places like Minnesota and Iowa.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
I think the Republicans have basically a one size fits all message on economic issues and so do not have specific programs for the advancement of minority groups. The Republican message is still basically "a rising tide raises all boats".

The problem with "reaching" out to blacks is it often leads to bad photo ops, such as Romney's recent speech at the NAACP. You won't see Obama at a NASCAR race.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You ARE part of those horrible statistics whether you wish to be or not. They take the total of the black population and the total of murders committed by Blacks and come up with the statistic. You know that. The change has to come from within the Black community itself. We simply cannot legislate a change in nature or culture. Neither is it the Republicans' fault nor is it my fault.

And as an American you are part of those horrible statistics yourself.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:11 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you are so disgusted with them, then what is the point with having a discussing with you? It's all going to be tinted with disgust and anger towards Blacks. If you only pay attention to those who are causing problems, then that is all you will get. That is what disgusts people like me. We aren't part of that. But if you take your anger out on people like me, then the only thing that is going to come out of that is more animosity and anger. If you want to get some productive results, then put your anger and disgust aside. If not, then you are the one with a problem.
No. it is the Black lawless culture that is the problem. You don't see the Vietnamese, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Lebanese, the Indians, etc., rioting and burning.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:12 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Like I said, cost of living.
Not according to the demographer:

"The percentage of the nation’s black population living in the South has hit its highest point in half a century, according to census data released Thursday, as younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0

Better opportunities for the more educated in red states are driving the Blacks fleeing blue states demographic shift.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And as an American you are part of those horrible statistics yourself.
Yes indeed. They also gave the statistics for whites. I am not proud of that statistic in any way at all but it was far lower a number than it was for Blacks.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Yes indeed. They also gave the statistics for whites. I am not proud of that statistic in any way at all but it was far lower a number than it was for Blacks.
The main factor is the bastardization rate. White bastards are more likely to commit murder than blacks born legitimately.

If you are a bastard, of any race, your group is mostly to blame for high homicide rates.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The main factor is the bastardization rate. White bastards are more likely to commit murder than blacks born legitimately.

If you are a bastard, of any race, your group is mostly to blame for high homicide rates.
Agreed. That would require a more in-depth sampling involving categorizing each individual grouping. I seriously doubt if that will ever be done.
The statement that all Blacks vote Democrat is faulty as well. I know some educated Blacks who do vote Republican.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You ARE part of those horrible statistics whether you wish to be or not. They take the total of the black population and the total of murders committed by Blacks and come up with the statistic. You know that. The change has to come from within the Black community itself. We simply cannot legislate a change in nature or culture. Neither is it the Republicans' fault nor is it my fault.
No I am not. I'm not having children out of wedlock. I have a college diploma. I have never committed crimes. I'm not murdering people. I am not the one contributing to the problem. I'm not out there looting and burning stores. So you cannot hold me responsible for any of that. I'm responsible for MY actions. And most Black people are not committing crimes, creating violence or committing murders. The ones that are keep doing so. The Black people who take care of business go forth and long to separate themselves from the underclass chaff. Just because half of the murders in this nation are committed by Blacks does not mean I'm part of the problem. I'm not the one committing the murders. Talk to the individuals committing the crime, not me who is living a law-abiding life.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
No. it is the Black lawless culture that is the problem. You don't see the Vietnamese, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Lebanese, the Indians, etc., rioting and burning.
No, it is the culture shared among underclass Blacks that is the problem. The Blacks that are taking care of business do not share that culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies