Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 01:27 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No I am not. I'm not having children out of wedlock. I have a college diploma. I have never committed crimes. I'm not murdering people. I am not the one contributing to the problem. I'm not out there looting and burning stores. So you cannot hold me responsible for any of that. I'm responsible for MY actions. And most Black people are not committing crimes, creating violence or committing murders. The ones that are keep doing so. The Black people who take care of business go forth and long to separate themselves from the underclass chaff. Just because half of the murders in this nation are committed by Blacks does not mean I'm part of the problem. I'm not the one committing the murders. Talk to the individuals committing the crime, not me who is living a law-abiding life.
I said you are part of the statistics. If you are educated you would know that did not leave you out of the count but included the total of the Black population. Get real.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think the Republicans have basically a one size fits all message on economic issues and so do not have specific programs for the advancement of minority groups. The Republican message is still basically "a rising tide raises all boats".

The problem with "reaching" out to blacks is it often leads to bad photo ops, such as Romney's recent speech at the NAACP. You won't see Obama at a NASCAR race.
The thing is this. I would not want to be around someone who says "seek jobs not food stamps". Newt Gingrich did that. He made an erroneous assumption that Blacks are not looking for jobs. He made an assumption that all Blacks want are food stamps. If that was all we wanted, we would just go get them already. Making comments to the allusion of "you are being a burden" isn't going to get people to vote for you, only turn them against you.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
No, it is the culture shared among underclass Blacks that is the problem. The Blacks that are taking care of business do not share that culture.
So then you claim you are not "Black"? What race do you check off on forms that ask your ethnic group?
What do those who are of the Black race call you?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:31 PM

89,369 posts, read 45,100,927 times
Quote:
No, it is the culture shared among underclass Blacks that is the problem. The Blacks that are taking care of business do not share that culture.
Then why do you all vote as a block against your own best interests?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I said you are part of the statistics. If you are educated you would know that did not leave you out of the count but included the total of the Black population. Get real.
I am educated. I also take responsibility for MY actions. I am not part of the problem because I don't contribute to it. You can't tell me to solve a problem that I didn't contribute to. You tell the persons who are actually doing the crimes. You don't hold me responsible for someone else's stupidity. How do you expect me to do something about a segment of a population that would so much as kill me?

The difference between you and Bill Cosby is this. Bill Cosby actually talked about those individuals who were committing crimes, who weren't raising their children properly. He didn't hold the entire Black population responsible. He knew that there were many Blacks taking care of business. You seek to lump me with the fools who are causing problems. How is it solving the problem?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't vote against them. That's the point.
Ahh...so you're gonna play that game, huh?

Fine with me. I don't vote against my interests either.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
The thing is this. I would not want to be around someone who says "seek jobs not food stamps". Newt Gingrich did that. He made an erroneous assumption that Blacks are not looking for jobs. He made an assumption that all Blacks want are food stamps. If that was all we wanted, we would just go get them already. Making comments to the allusion of "you are being a burden" isn't going to get people to vote for you, only turn them against you.
Therein lies the difference in political philosophy. Republicans want a robust economy creating jobs that move folks off SNAP and give them a sense of pride in themselves. Democrats want folks to remain poor and dependent upon the government.

56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why do you all vote as a block against your own best interests?
Why are you asking him about what someone else does? Does he go in the voting booth with other people?

He votes in HIS OWN interest...just like you think you do.

He doesn't have to justify other people's votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
So then you claim you are not "Black"? What race do you check off on forms that ask your ethnic group?
What do those who are of the Black race call you?
I never said I wasn't Black. I said I'm not part of that particular segment of the Black population that contributes to so many problems. It is the underclass segment of the Black population contributing to the vast majority of problems you mention. Why aren't you confronting them? Just because I'm Black, why should I be held responsible for the crimes that those within the underclass segment of the Black population commit? Why should I, when I don't even live in that environment?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I am educated. I also take responsibility for MY actions. I am not part of the problem because I don't contribute to it. You can't tell me to solve a problem that I didn't contribute to. You tell the persons who are actually doing the crimes. You don't hold me responsible for someone else's stupidity. How do you expect me to do something about a segment of a population that would so much as kill me?

The difference between you and Bill Cosby is this. Bill Cosby actually talked about those individuals who were committing crimes, who weren't raising their children properly. He didn't hold the entire Black population responsible. He knew that there were many Blacks taking care of business. You seek to lump me with the fools who are causing problems. How is it solving the problem?
Hey educated!! I didn't lump you in. I didn't come up with the statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies