Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well then, what are you whining about?
Idiotic Blacks voting against their own best interests.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You are BLACK. You are part of that ethnic group. I am WHITE. Statistics places me in that ethnic group. There are good and bad in both groupings but when statistics are produced for murders committed by ethnic groupings, both the good and the bad are included. It is a cultural thing that Black people need to change and they, as a people, will have to do the changing. It is a perceived perception people have concerning Blacks based upon statistical data and news events.
I'm Black. So what? I'm not part of that segment of the Black population that commits crimes and causes chaos. I'm not part of that and you have no right associate me with it. Alot of Blacks who are like me seek to get away from the underclass. I didn't cause those problems, so I am not responsible for it. I'm responsible for myself. If the cultural change is needed, the underclass needs to change, not Blacks like me and desertdetroiter. We are not the ones perpetrating that hood rat culture. We are not part of those horrible statistics, so don't come to me with that. Go to the persons who are actually committing the murders and having high dropout rates.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
It's true, I must confess. I've heard the Blacks moan and complain and march and burn and loot and riot all my life. I'm disgusted with them.
If you are so disgusted with them, then what is the point with having a discussing with you? It's all going to be tinted with disgust and anger towards Blacks. If you only pay attention to those who are causing problems, then that is all you will get. That is what disgusts people like me. We aren't part of that. But if you take your anger out on people like me, then the only thing that is going to come out of that is more animosity and anger. If you want to get some productive results, then put your anger and disgust aside. If not, then you are the one with a problem.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Another part of the article I read: "...blacks who returned to the states where they were born tended to have a higher poverty rate than those who went to other Southern states."
Exactly. Those who move south to reunite with family suffer. Those who move south to pursue better opportunities do not, and the demographic shift shows that:

"Increasingly blacks are moving to places with small black populations. Just 2 percent of the black population growth in the last decade occurred in counties that have traditionally been black population centers, while 20 percent has occurred in counties where only a tiny fraction of the population had been black."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0

Old 07-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Idiotic Blacks voting against their own best interests.
Calling us "idiotic" isn't going to shame us into voting Republican. Only thing it will do is anger people. If you want a true, civilized discussion, enough with the histrionics and insults.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please. And you vote FOR your interests?
I don't vote against them. That's the point.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Those who move south to reunite with family suffer. Those who move south to pursue better opportunities do not, and the demographic shift shows that:

"Increasingly blacks are moving to places with small black populations. Just 2 percent of the black population growth in the last decade occurred in counties that have traditionally been black population centers, while 20 percent has occurred in counties where only a tiny fraction of the population had been black."

And those places that once had tiny Black populations usually get much larger Black populations within a short amount of time. Henry County is one good example. Paulding County is another good example. One town in that county, Hiram, turned majority Black in 2010. 15 years ago, the population in Hiram was around 5% Black. Black population increased 10 fold within 15 years. Why? It's cheaper out there. And alot of the people moving there are from other parts of metro Atlanta, where the cost of living is increasing. I live here, so I know better.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Calling us "idiotic" isn't going to shame us into voting Republican.
No shame intended. Just exposing the stupidity of voting against one's own best interest.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
No shame intended. Just exposing the stupidity of voting against one's own best interest.
Well calling people "idiotic" won't change anything. Want to change things? Listen to us, quit insulting us, stop talking down to us. If not, then you're wasting your time, and mine.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
And those places that once had tiny Black populations usually get much larger Black populations within a short amount of time.
Not because Blacks are reuniting with family.

Really... you need to read the article to understand that younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states for better opportunities in traditionally non-Black areas in red states:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies