Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 05:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

People really should watch this movie, and realize this caused a widespread panic about the use of pot. It was a lesson in Xenophobia, irrationality and group psychosis. All reality was lost to an entire country, while DuPont lined his pockets with his domination of the synthetic fiber market. It was all about the money from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 05:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
When I saw the title I went into wiseguy mode and was going to ask...

"Does CO have more dopes than other states?"

Upon reading the OP, the answer is apparently YES.
Believe it or not, there are still people who live in some bubble created 80 years ago by synthetics moguls, simply to kill the hemp industry. In fact, there was an emergency reprieve of the hemp laws because they had no rope for all those ships they were building.

As soon as WWII was over, those ridiculous laws were reinstated.

The Marijuana Conspiracy

Old 07-27-2014, 05:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Some people 'see' little green men living on the moon. That doesn't mean it's reality.

People had plenty of access to that plant before the stupid laws on it were removed in Colorado. I guess you didn't stop to think about that before you made the thread.

I saw that story on msn a week ago I was waiting for T.300 to post it prohibitionist and propaganda go hand and hand....

Old 07-27-2014, 06:50 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nobody ever missed their rent for pot! You'll find that most homeless shelters are filled with alcoholics more than anyone else.

It isn't like Vinnie Barbarino's interpretation of a drug addict "give me drugs, give me drugs"

Pot heads tend to be quite active, creative, and actually excel at their endeavors, unlike alcoholics. About the only thing they really need are fast food joints open late!
Aw man I loved that show, especially Vinni

Barbarino - Gimme Drugs.avi - YouTube

Old 07-27-2014, 07:08 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nobody ever missed their rent for pot!
Pot heads tend to be quite active, creative, and actually excel at their endeavors, unlike alcoholics. About the only thing they really need are fast food joints open late!
You must live a sheltered life, I know more than a few people who will buy weed over paying the rent and most of them don't work or work at very remedial jobs which don't drug test, none of them excel. They are nice people and I'm not judging them just stating the facts.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:15 PM

34 posts, read 46,185 times
To bad for the o.p. that the majority of the United States sees through the bull****.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Nice anti-pot propaganda piece.

The fact is, alcoholism is widespread among the homeless and is the most abused substance among the homeless by far. Alcoholism destroys lives everyday. I never heard of homeless stoners, but at least 80% of the homeless are in fact addicted to alcohol. That's probably because alcohol is a highly addictive substance and marijuana is not. So why is one legal and not the other?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Nice anti-pot propaganda piece.
Did you even read the article? The article is pretty specific that the increase in homeless people is due to transients coming to CO for cheap pot. The OP just misrepresented it. The problem would go away if it were legal everywhere.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:00 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You must live a sheltered life, I know more than a few people who will buy weed over paying the rent and most of them don't work or work at very remedial jobs which don't drug test, none of them excel. They are nice people and I'm not judging them just stating the facts.
So what? I know more than a few self-made millionaires that smoke pot as well. Attributing their success to pot would be as silly as your insinuation that people have been made homeless by it.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:11 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So all that money CO generated on dope tax will be spent on those dopers creating the problem on top of taxpayer money.

Nice.

At least all the dope heads are concentrated in one location.
For the few people who are obsessed with dope, some will move to CO to smoke legally, and will worry about making ends meet after getting there. It's not rational, but I'm sure that's the train of thought of some people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies