Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine that survived cancer can now buy health insurance. IMHO that justifies the changes.

What we really need is a Universal system that can control the costs of medical administration and excessive drug company charges as well as eliminate the private sector health insurance overhead and profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 07:51 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Secondly, the ACA would have millions more expanded if the GOP held states expanded medicaid. With more hospitals shutting down in red states due to unpaid delivered care, more people are going to realize how the GOP is literally putting their lives at risk. But only time will tell when the people in GOP held states realize how screwed over they are with the current GOP stronghold in their states
And in the end, aside from the unconscionable the human toll, it isn't even a good fiscal decision for these states to refuse to expand Medicaid.

The Urban Institute researchers have made projections for just how much money each state is implicitly giving up by refusing to expand Medicaid. Georgia is a good example. According to the Urban report, Georgia would have to spend an additional $2.5 billion over the course of a decade in order to finance its share of the Medicaid expansion. But the state is giving up more than ten times that—$33.5 billion—in federal funds.

MAP: How Much 24 States Lost by Refusing to Expand Medicaid | New Republic

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-09-2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old 08-09-2014, 07:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...hyper partisan....

There is no clumsy statement, it was said, yes or no?

Did you vote for obama, yes or no? (I already know that answer)

Have you seen that $2500 savings?

Where is his phone and pen now? Or is that another clumsy statement?

Open your eyes and take the blinders off....what is going on now was stated many years ago...
You won't believe who I voted for, but I'll answer anyway. I vote in a non-competitive state, so voted 3rd party in 2008 and 2012. If I thought my vote mattered in 2008, I'd have voted for Obama because I believed then and now that McCain is borderline mentally unstable. I'd have voted Romney in 2012. Anyway, ....

It's not my fault that your simple, partisan mind can't understand that someone [me] can both oppose Ocare And think using Obama's quote from 2007 is dopey. Again, if you find something he said about the ACA providing universal coverage, I'll readily put it in the long column of lies.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You won't believe who I voted for, but I'll answer anyway. I vote in a non-competitive state, so voted 3rd party in 2008 and 2012. If I thought my vote mattered in 2008, I'd have voted for Obama because I believed then and now that McCain is borderline mentally unstable. I'd have voted Romney in 2012. Anyway, ....

It's not my fault that your simple, partisan mind can't understand that someone [me] can both oppose Ocare And think using Obama's quote from 2007 is dopey. Again, if you find something he said about the ACA providing universal coverage, I'll readily put it in the long column of lies.
He campaigned on it in 2008 also....do you really think that was the only time? There were plenty of adds touting just that...

Quote:
Obama: My mother died of cancer at 53 and those last painful months, she was more worried about paying her medical bills than getting well. I hear stories like hers every day. For 20 years, Washington’s talked about health care reform and reformed nothing. I’ve got a plan to cut costs and cover everyone. Graphic: The Obama Plan
–Universal coverage for all Americans
–Saves typical family $2,500
For more details:
BarackObama.com/Healthcare
They’ve Got You Covered?

Title I. Quality, Affordable Health Care for All Americans | The White House

Maybe you should tell the WH then to rename their own plan:

Quote:
Title I. Quality, Affordable Health Care for All Americans
Or maybe you are just smart enough to know what "All Americans" mean...

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And in the end, aside from the unconscionable the human toll, it isn't even a good fiscal decision for these states to refuse to expand Medicaid.

The Urban Institute researchers have made projections for just how much money each state is implicitly giving up by refusing to expand Medicaid. Georgia is a good example. According to the Urban report, Georgia would have to spend an additional $2.5 billion over the course of a decade in order to finance its share of the Medicaid expansion. But the state is giving up more than ten times that—$33.5 billion—in federal funds.

MAP: How Much 24 States Lost by Refusing to Expand Medicaid | New Republic
hahaha.. so now federal taxes, which have to be raised to fund programs for the state, somehow equate to the government losing money by not raising the demand for taxes..

Oh I'm sorry, you thought that money was FREE..

and also note how your calculations ignored how much the states WILL PAY for these programs..

hint, if I bill you $100 and then decide to only reinburse you $10, that doesnt mean you've gained $10.. you're still out $90..

Will some people ever get it, doesnt seem like it..

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He campaigned on it in 2008 also....do you really think that was the only time? There were plenty of adds touting just that...

They’ve Got You Covered?

Title I. Quality, Affordable Health Care for All Americans | The White House

Maybe you should tell the WH then to rename their own plan:

Or maybe you are just smart enough to know what "All Americans" mean...
If you interpret all that stuff to be the same as universal health care, have it your way.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A friend of mine that survived cancer can now buy health insurance. IMHO that justifies the changes.
The social Darwinists on this board believe that fact is a bad thing, though.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Arkansas, Kentucky Report Sharpest Drops in Uninsured Rate

If your from Arkansas and you vote red this upcoming election you might want to get your head examined (now y ou u have no excuse, your insurance will help you cover the costs)
Stats about the ACA will continue to show to those Americans paying attention that conservatives don't care about policy outcomes or objective reality.

Week after week, month after month, study, after study there has been nothing but great to good news about the ACA.

The ACA so far has done very very good things for many millions of Americans in its first year of implementation.

Has one conservative anywhere grappled at all with the data coming out about a law that they incorrectly said would end freedom in America, enslave people, destroy the economy, etc?

I mean has the conservative position about the ACA changed one bit in the face of the law's success?

This collective lack of dealing with or acknowledging reality by conservatives is their most impressive political trait.

Democrats and liberals can't collectively ignore reality like conservatives. Too many of them will break ranks and say hey this isn't working out the way we said it would work out. We messed up in our predictions.

With conservatives so far not one of them has come forward, looked at the data about the ACA and admitted any mistakes. Not even one conservative has come forward as the law is working and even entertained the idea that the law might work. This level of collective delusion from conservatives is truly awe inspiring.

For conservatives the data is irrelevant, the millions of people helped are irrelevant.

For conservatives reality cannot dissuade their iron clad collective belief that the ACA is an epic failure.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you interpret all that stuff to be the same as universal health care, have it your way.
30 million americans are expected to go without insurance post ACA.. dont these people count? ironically 30 million were estimated to not have insurance which justified ACA passage to begin with.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The social Darwinists on this board believe that fact is a bad thing, though.
Or maybe we believe a better option doesnt include making insurance so unaffordable that people choose to pay taxes rather than purchase it so others can have it..

In you're world, person A having it, Person B not = bad..

person A not having it while person B not having it = good.

To those of us though in the real world, the net result = DUMB..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies