Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So whats the Tea Party-Conservative response? We wont know until tomorrow until Rush Limbaugh and the Neo-Cons weigh in. My guess is most Tea Party types will be waving around peace flags while stashing their Gadsden flags behind the garage. If Obama does one thing if you are a Tea Partier you are on the opposite side.
My guess it that people will laugh at another Obama "not war". Not war, not war ... as Commander in Chief, I'm telling you this is NOT war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
I see no rationale or sane reason as an American to disagree with these actions. ISIS deserves it. I am pleased to see us doing this as well as providing aid to those who are being persecuted there.

We are America folks. When things as bad as this happen, we absolutely should lend support and to put it plainly, kill as many of the evil terrorists as we can. We should be the leader of the free world. This isn't sticking our nose into anything, this is doing what is the right damn thing to do.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Did Obama say anything other than what the media already knew hours ago...
I see what you did there........

Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Ill be disappointed with anyone who plays politics with the actions we are taking here. This is not political. This is just plain the right thing to do. Period.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
As always, Liberals get to eat crow. Chow down ye idiots of little foresight.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:35 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
We should charge the Iraqi gvt every cent that we spend, after all their military ran away from the enemy. iraq and the whole ME is going to be a problem for ever. I just wonder if we are better off just letting them kill each other.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:43 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
And the leftwing 'bots just love it when their boy king does it.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
If we have clear ISIS targets kill them as fast as we can.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved
Obama speaking live now
Spewing more BS as he always does!!

Old 08-08-2014, 01:33 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As always, Liberals get to eat crow. Chow down ye idiots of little foresight.
I'd say Bush and his administration had even less foresight considering he was the one who brought us into this mess in the first place without considering what would happen after he toppled Saddam. Or if he did consider it, he was completely wrong in his assessment and now Obama is left to clean up this big pile of poop that Bush layed on his doorstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
And the leftwing 'bots just love it when their boy king does it.
So you're advocating that we pull a Vietnam in Iraq? IE start a war that we thought would be an easy victory, find out it has become much tougher and bloodier than we imagined, fight this war for over a decade and when its clear that we can't win we withdrawl, leaving behind thousands of dead Americans, hundreds of thousands of dead people we were supposed to be helping and wasting trillions of dollars in the process. And all of it going down the drain when the enemy invades and destroys what little progress we had made and leaving all civilians at the mercy of the new regime.

Is that what you want us to do? I'm not saying that it won't possibly come to that regardless, but I'd rather try and help the Iraqis with the mess we created and see what the results are before bailing on them completely.

Its like if you were driving a car and smashed into a pedestrian and killed him instantly, you then fled the scene instead of staying there and taking responsibility for your actions. That's what you're saying we should do with Iraq which is pretty gutless after how much we screwed them over. I want out of the Mideast ASAP as well, but I sure as hell don't want to leave Iraq in the hands of those ISIS animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies