Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 AM

17,635 posts, read 17,723,504 times

Advertisements

If the initial report by the police is correct then we have a situation in which a much larger suspect attacked a police officer, shoving him back into his police car, beating on the officer, and attempted to take the officer's gun. Allegedly, that is when the officer shot the suspect. If this is correct then the shooting, in my opinion, is justified since the officer felt his life was threatened. Initially, I was very skeptical of this initial story by police. The images of the suspect physically threatening the convenience store employee and the fact that the main witness to the shooting was with him during the initial crime makes me feel the police's initial story to be more likely to be true. This could have stopped or reduced the level of rioting had all this information been released much earlier. It also doesn't absolve the police for their violating of the freedom of the press by attacking and arresting reporters covering the riots.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,734,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
It is too bad we can't just live like Japan and how their police force is trained/equipped now can we?
WAY different cultures. Just look at their societies response to the Earthquake/Tidewave/Fukushima vs our response to Katrina.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wonder if the key witness, Dorian Johnson, plans to change his story.

Makes you seriously doubt what these witnesses actually saw vs what they said they saw.
The problem in cases like this one is the people who come forward as a witness may have seen nothing at all or just the ending and then fill in the blanks with what they've heard from others. Something I like to cal the "me too" syndrome.

As for Johnson, I'd bet he's too stupid to realize what's happened and that he's been outed as a robbery suspect and so will still try to play the victim game.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Apparently the officer Darren Wilson sustained some injuries in the altercation.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I no longer believe these so-called witnesses who said the guy was doing nothing wrong, was a good kid, a gentle giant, and didn't start trouble. It looks like he was a violent robber to me. I'll take the police version until more evidence comes out to the contrary.
Some other pictures hit twitter of him..all dressed in red and showing Blood gang and Vice Lord gang hand signals.

And remember what his mom said originally that they didn't have to shoot him, just hit him or taze him ?

Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,757,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
What a silly notion. Let's see some proof.
Wait and watch, if history is correct, then keep reading posts here. They are setting up their defense as we speak.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:22 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well, it looks like Brown did indeed rob the convenience store. And maybe he even threatened the cop or reached for the cop's gun when they tousled---but given he was 30 feet away when the cop subsequently shot him, Brown was no danger to the cop at that time. But I'll be the cop gets off now.
He could have walked that 30 feet while wounded before he dropped to his knees. We don't know he was shot long distance.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Apparently the officer Darren Wilson sustained some injuries in the altercation.
Certainly seems the MSM was a little too quick to get the masses believing this was a cold blooded murder by a bad cop.

Then again, jumping to conclusions is what our MSM does today.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
I don't think it was the fact that the kid was killed. I think it was he was several feet from the cop car and shot several times. For many, it seems like an overt exertion of power.
Several feet isn't very far in a self defense situation, I can tell you that right now. Wasn't it confirmed one shot was fired inside the car? So obviously there was an altercation inside the car before he was "several feet from the cop car"...

It's been said that he put his hands in the air, but how do we know that? That's what Browns buddy said, right? Yeah, because he'd have no reason to lie.

My whole point here is that we don't know for sure what happened six days after. However, in the court of public opinion, this cop was tried, convicted, and executed by Saturday night, early Sunday morning.

I'm tired of assuming that just because a black teen gets shot by a white police officer, it must have been """RACISM""" facts be damned.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He could have walked that 30 feet while wounded before he dropped to his knees. We don't know he was shot long distance.
6 ft something and 300 lbs he could have been wounded from the altercation inside the car and trying to run away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies