Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
With the way our news media and social media go after political candidates, the good ones probably don't want to put their families thru it, just look at what they did to Sarah Palin.

Who would want to put the spouse and children thru that, if they could avoid it? So this is why too many times we get the selfish, narcissists who don't give a rat's ass, all they want is the money and power that go with the office.
Shockingly, I agree with you!

I've pretty much gotten to where I believe those who might make a good POTUS are too intelligent to want to be POTUS, and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

But I disagree about Palin, she brought herself down, no help needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 08:28 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Interesting how U.K. Prime Minister Cameron expressed more anger and outrage over the beheading (not "execution", folks) of an American than Obama did. His cursory response was typically devoid of any feeling and true anger, and he sounded more piqued than anything else.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdreamz View Post
#1: ABC News is owned by Disney so they are far from "Liberal"!

#2: Obama goes "Golfing" and what happened on 911?

9-11 Research: George W. Bush
No one knew what happened for several minutes after the initial hit on the WTC.
It was not known it was a commercial aircraft. It was a failure to imagine.

Fox News had a field day with the golf outing last night. Hannity kept hammering that Obama should have been in the situation room. Given Congress is on a 5 week vaca, Fox did not have many options for locating politicians to condemn Obama but was able to drag out Cheny who on que, made the case for war and spending.

Things happen on every president's watch that are beyond their control. For the life of me I don't know why this president persists on creating incremental bad PR for himself by golfing.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
^ Now this one is a case of a media intentionally manipulating the words of France's Minister to suit their agenda. These comments were directed at EU leaders and the message was along the lines of " get off your butts". The message had nothing to do with Obama.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times
An American puts himself in harms way and pays the price. How is this my problem?

I do not like Obama but come on. If you are perpetually stressed day in/day out you need to relax to think clearly. If Golf is his go-to then fine.

ISIS situation is a genuine issue which I am sure is being examined but those he has commanded to.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
He looks gray, tired, and lost. Prayers for our country are needed.
Wrong - Look at the Fist-Bumping and big grins when he hits the golf course minutes after his 'speech'.
He only "looks gray, tired and lost" when he is not out having fun on the golf course.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, where are you getting the idea ABC isn't liberal, or even Disney for that matter. ABC us known for being the most liberal of the 3 main networks and what is 911, a new emergency phone number or something?

I am not attacking him necessarily for going back to his golf game, I don't know what he should have done, but I am wondering where in the world you are getting your ideas on liberal versus conservative and who is what. As I mentioned before, some people need to do a little more research.

I will say one thing, I don't think Obama really likes his job, he only likes the perks. He will probably go back to being a community organizer and be very happy. I have to admit, I won't miss him much at all.

I cannot imagine the extreme nariccism required to run for president, let alone serve. Who would subject their family to this? Life in a fish bowl for 4-8 years..... No matter what a president does or not, hundreds of millions will hate him.

Reagan probably managed it better than most. He had terrific script writers and was an actor. He sustained the perception that the US was exceptional. He spent most of his time secluded on his ranch. The people did not seem to mind the massive cost to bail out the S&L banks, amnesty, creation of the ETIF for low income earners, the Iran- Contra Affair, trebling of the federal debt or never ending scandals within his administration. It was a different time, before the internet and 24/7 cable news.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its amazing how you obamabots will circle the wagon for this fraud in the WH.

Its not about the rescue of every journalist but his "LACK OF CONCERN AND SINCERITY"
It 's all about perception. One cannot hold the office of president without the ability to compartmentalize.
There are plenty of people who hold a president, any president, responsible for anything and everything that happens anywhere. They seem torn between a perception that a president, any president has dictator powers over the world and resenting any time a president executes an executive order.

I can appreciate the need for a healthy physical outlet.

Having said this, that Obama persists with the golf thing is simply bad form.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,939 times
He showed his character with that move.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:25 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yet I can only imagine the liberal outage if Bush had went golfing during the 9/11 attack. The British prime minister immediately canceled our vacation, but not our leader! It just sends a bad impression that he only cares about his own self interests which in this example means having fun.

There was a time not long ago when Americans would be outraged if a single American was killed. And this wasn't just a killing. It was savagery. ISIS poses a threat to our country. I want to know that my president is just as furious as I am, and wants to see this group destroyed. A five minute speech and then go golfing sends the opposite message.

Instead, we have a leader who is completely reactionary instead of pro-active. He waited until his hand was forced to do something about ISIS because he thinks about the political fallout first before the welfare of our country.
Actually the left did go after bush for golfing while president during the war. Michael moore put it in one of his movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies