Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,779,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So when are we going to see you in court Am I missing something from the link I gave.
The new witness did not state anything about "feet moved". That was from a similar account
provided by someone else on August 12:

"That man, who was also not identified, said Wilson "didn't say, 'Get on the ground.' He didn't say anything" before shooting Brown.

"At first his gun was down and then he … got about 8 to 10 feet away from him … I heard six, seven shots … it seemed like seven. Then he put his gun down. That's when Michael stumbled forward. I'd say about 25 feet or so and then fell right on his face," the co-worker told the station."

The only information we all have as far as distance is only from Michael Brown's body
and that of the police car. Everything else, including, what someone heard about where
Wilson was, is simply hearsay at this point in time.
Yes, you are.
Your link was third hand.
The primary report from the Post-Dispatch does contain exact details about distance. The witness stated that Brown ran 90 feet from the vehicle, then turned with the officer 8-10 feet away from him. As the officer fired, he backed up. Since Brown's body ended up 35 feet from the vehicle, and according to the autopsy, the last shot stopped him instantly (he did not continue moving forward after the last shot) we know he came back 50+ feet after he turned until the end of the shots on the audio.

And the witness never spoke to a news station, they spoke anonymously to a local newspaper reporter. That quote was nowhere in the Post-Dispatch article. (But the Post-Dispatch went to pay wall yesterday, apparently realizing that this article could make them a lot of money. Feel free to search their site for the article.)

Old 09-09-2014, 09:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,033,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
because all cops are racists in this conspiracy.
Is adding the word conspiracy going to make the case go away

Old 09-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your making an assumption he was attacking the officer.

Being fatally wounded and stumbling forward before you bleed out is not attacking the officer.
He doesn't have to be attacking. The burden of proof is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brown had no intent to attack and a reasonable person in the same position as Wilson would believe he had no intent to attack. That would be extremely difficult to prove.

Brown was also not fatally wounded at that point. Remember, he was not fatally wounded until the last two shots, which would have killed him instantly and dropped him instantly. As long as he was stumbling, he was not fatally wounded.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
300 pound Brown, in sandals, after being shot, moved 50 feet in the less than 2 seconds of the 2nd gunfire burst ? Even if the audio is legit, the witness either overestimated the distance or Brown was superhuman.
Exactly. Something is wrong with the witness's statement, or Brown was moving on pure adrenaline (since he did not take any shots to the leg, he still would have capable of moving pretty fast).

Or the other possibility is that Brown started moving towards the officer before the second burst of gunfire. Either way, something does not line up in the witness' testimony.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Yes, you are.
Your link was third hand.
Thanks for the info. I was just going by "my link" not any other info you came across.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,149,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Not sure if serious? There have been accusation after accusation of Wilson being a murderer. The entire thing started with people saying Wilson executed Brown while on his knees with his hands up begging for his life. Then it was he shot him in the back while he was running away & murdered him. The accusation target keeps moving as the stories change, but one thing that has remained constant are the assertions that Wilson is a cold blooded murderer. It only took 2 more pages for some moon-bat to refer to it as an 'execution" again.
Well when you multiple have eye witnesses who said that's what happened...

Old 09-09-2014, 09:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,149,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
He doesn't have to be attacking. The burden of proof is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brown had no intent to attack and a reasonable person in the same position as Wilson would believe he had no intent to attack. That would be extremely difficult to prove.

Brown was also not fatally wounded at that point. Remember, he was not fatally wounded until the last two shots, which would have killed him instantly and dropped him instantly. As long as he was stumbling, he was not fatally wounded.
So your saying its justified to shoot suspects who are fleeing, unarmed and no threat to the officer?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:36 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,523,742 times
Quote:
Well when you multiple have eye witnesses who said that's what happened...
really ? There are multiple witnesses who state---

"Wilson executed Brown while on his knees with his hands up begging for his life."

I suppose to you it's just splitting hairs to distinguish That from standing with his hands up.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
really ? There are multiple witnesses who state---

"Wilson executed Brown while on his knees with his hands up begging for his life."

I suppose to you it's just splitting hairs to distinguish That from standing with his hands up.
Do you have a link. Because I can not find one witness that stated that. Do you have an
actual name attached to your quote, because that is not what any of the main witnesses
have stated.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,396,872 times
Quote:
So your saying its justified to shoot suspects who are fleeing, unarmed and no threat to the officer?
But....was Brown a threat to the general public.

I think he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.