Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 10:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But....was Brown a threat to the general public.

I think he was.
Based on what? He was unarmed.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,411,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Based on what? He was unarmed.
He had just pushed a store clerk around and tried to get a gun from a cop.....then ran.

That is no one I would want to pass on the street at that time.

Would you??

Do you think he would just say hi???

Old 09-09-2014, 10:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,154,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
He had just pushed a store clerk around and tried to get a gun from a cop.....then ran.

That is no one I would want to pass on the street at that time.

Would you??

Do you think he would just say hi???
There you go with your misinformation again.

For the 1,000th time. Do you have a link to back up your claim? No? Well then stop saying things that no one has verified.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

For the 1,000th time. Do you have a link to back up your claim? No? Well then stop saying things that no one has verified.
I will post as I like.

If you have a problem with that......go tell a mod.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 AM

503 posts, read 774,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Do you have a link. Because I can not find one witness that stated that. Do you have an
actual name attached to your quote, because that is not what any of the main witnesses
have stated.
Polly - "hands up, don't shoot" - are you forgetting?? This has been covered in every thread about this tragic situation. This is what the initial witnesses were saying until the autopsy report came out and discounted their "testimony".

Old 09-09-2014, 10:17 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,763,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Of course he could run in sandals and flip flops. Don't be dopey. Could he run nearly 20 yards in 2 seconds, after being shot, even wearing magic sprint shoes. Ya think Brown was a world class sprinter.

Deflecting from the key point, another witness claims Brown was shot at while running and was shot with his hands up.
Didn't they also claim he was running away & the cop shot him in the back?

Old 09-09-2014, 10:18 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,763,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

Who elected you sheriff? lol

Old 09-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Polly - "hands up, don't shoot" - are you forgetting?? This has been covered in every thread about this tragic situation. This is what the initial witnesses were saying until the autopsy report came out and discounted their "testimony".
That is what is case will be about forensics.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,527,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
He doesn't have to be attacking.

The burden of proof is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brown had no intent to attack and a reasonable person in the same position as Wilson would believe he had no intent to attack.

That would be extremely difficult to prove.

Brown was also not fatally wounded at that point. Remember, he was not fatally wounded until the last two shots, which would have killed him instantly and dropped him instantly. As long as he was stumbling, he was not fatally wounded.
A technical point. For a grand jury indictment, the standard is Probable Cause, not Beyond A Reasonable Doubt.

That's one reason why from what's known, I think the gj will indict.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Beyond the initial hysteria, I want a link for that exact quote e.g. "on his knees, begging for his life" attributed to an actual eye-witness, person, not a mob. Same with "hands up, don't shoot"

Eye witnesses, according to news, stated Brown had both of his hands up but no one has been attributed to hearing the phrase "hands up, don't shoot". Not one of those two quotes have been attached to a real person, that I know of. If you have a link, present it.

Really, for argument sake, let's not take general statements and use them as argument, to try to prove real eye witnesses don't know what they saw or what they were saying.

The autopsy doesn't discount eye witness testimony. Just that Brown was not shot in the back.
In something happening, someone going, turning, that is an understandable mistake/assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies