Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:02 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times

Advertisements

There has been an unusual amount of Black separatist threads running on the board lately.

It always breaks down to 'whitey' is a racist or 'whitey' oppresses the Black man/community!

When I (A half&half) make critical statements, based in facts I am an Uncle Tom or whatever term is appropriate for today!

This post is an 'attempt' to welcome those (Blacks) with an open mind to take a deeper look into how successful Black men and Women became .. successful.
(My white half is welcomed there so whitey is invited too)

There is an organization of African Americans that is leading the way .. out of poverty and into prosperity!

Check it out .. you might be surprised.

(snip)
Quote:
Project 21 is an initiative of The National Center for Public Policy Research to promote the views of African-Americans whose entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to family and commitment to individual responsibility has not traditionally been echoed by the nation's civil rights establishment.

Project 21 participants have been interviewed by hundreds of media outlets ...
Project 21 - Black Conservative Leadership Network

Old 08-31-2014, 04:19 PM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
With the growth in their population biracials will certainly continue to be the solution to the race problem in America. They have always been the first "blacks" to do mainstream things, including the incredible leap into the White house. All that's missing is that time when they start to call themselves what they are, biracials/mixed race/etc. , and leave the black tag to those of us who actually merit it (Africans).

Old 08-31-2014, 04:27 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
With the growth in their population biracials will certainly continue to be the solution to the race problem in America. They have always been the first "blacks" to do mainstream things, including the incredible leap into the White house. All that's missing is that time when they start to call themselves what they are, biracials/mixed race/etc. , and leave the black tag to those of us who actually merit it (Africans).
Great post. Let me rep. both of you on that.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
People need to stop with the old way of thinking, the victim mentality, the "everyone's against us because we are black" and that kind of talk. You are right, and maybe the people who stand in the place of leadership - Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Jr should be put out to pasture, they are of the old ways which worked ok back then, but it is not for a new day - today. New ways of thinking must be thought and acted on, not the old mentality.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Post the threads promoting black separatism. I haven't seen even one.

I'll wait.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Step one would be to stop the division - like dividing blacks into two different groups of bi-racials and those who are 100% blacks. Stop the grouping and consider everyone as individuals instead focusing on skin color.

Being successful has nothing to do anymore with one's skin color in this country.

Step two would be to understand different people have define successful differently. Some want the bling and the dollars. Others are OK doing what they want and enjoying their task in life without being super wealthy. In the end, everyone should be the best they can be and not judge others for their standards.

At minimum - people should strive to carry their own weight and not burden others for the lifestyle they want to lead.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Some of the most exciting politicians, editorialists, and spokespersons these days are black conservatives, but sadly the ONLY news outlet that ever gives them attention is FOX (which ironically liberals love to call a racist network.)

Old 08-31-2014, 04:47 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Post the threads promoting black separatism. I haven't seen even one.

I'll wait.
The Formation of Blacktowns

Afroamerica

Old 08-31-2014, 04:50 PM

222 posts, read 185,741 times
I'm not a half and half lol. However id like to say I'm successful (advanced degrees under 30 and moving up in careers) and have never been arrested that thy can prove or even harassed by the cops in nyc). I grew up with both parents unrich (never poor but always had food and never on assistance - both my parents worked two jobs as I was a latchkey kid honor roll all the way until 10th grade geometry and biology - bastards)

All of that to say I'm usually called upon to "speak" and give advice on how I got to where I am. I usually decline because not many are prepared to listen and heed my advice.

1. Don't expect anything from anyone nod you want something go get it. I use a work backwards method in Which I tell people to describe their perfect life and lifestyle and work backwards. This helps people get a more realistic view of what they can and are able to accomplish. Meaning you want to live in a manhattan penthouse and party like a rock star you might want to rethink that job at mcdonalds and either go into business for yourself or get the skills needed to get a better paying job.

2. If you are not in business for yourself be prepared to kiss some ass meaning you may want to go into work some minutes early and be prepared to stay some minutes late. And I define SOME as more than 30. It pays off in the end. I'm in my new position now because there was a week I was going into work over an hour early and it would be just me and my boss just BSing about life. When a position became quietly available at another firm (meaning it wasn't yet advertised) my boss who had connections with this boss recommended me and yes the position was advertised but I had already filled it and they were just going through the legal motions.

3. Be prepared to be called some names. Look I love seeing black people where I work but I am only interested in associating (work wise) with people who are focused on work and that means I don't care what color you are. We are here to work not to be friends although we can be friendly.I am not interested in being apart of the crowd per se - I'm interested in completing my work to the best of my ability and when I'm doing that I have no time for Tom foolery. So yeah I get called names and such. But because my boss knows my ethic guess what. When I do mess up my boss somehow "didn't see it". When the axe of correction comes down on staff it tends to miss my door. (Not saying my boss doesn't correct me if needed but it's done differently - without a write up lol).

4. Don't get comfortable. Once you get comfortable it's time to move on. You should be uncomfortable in your Position so that it forces you to be on your toes and when you're on your toes you tend to be more
Productive.

And with all this keep the basic home training that was instilled in you. Respect others. Even when they don't respect you tell them have a nice a day and KIM because if you're focused on getting ahead you have no time for haters and their feelings. I never make it past rule number two tho. Most people hear "go to work early" give me the screw face and want to change the conversation on me.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
There has been an unusual amount of Black separatist threads running on the board lately.
Really? On C-D? Which ones?

Quote:
It always breaks down to 'whitey' is a racist or 'whitey' oppresses the Black man/community!

When I (A half&half) make critical statements, based in facts I am an Uncle Tom or whatever term is appropriate for today!
Is that because you're critical of separatism because don't believe blacks can function in a separate society or because you don't believe "whitey is a racist?"

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just looked at the last referenced so-called "Black separatist" threads.

Not only did nobody else call you an "Uncle Tom," you called yourself an Uncle Tom and was told that it didn't count if you called out yourself.

LOL!

Quote:
This post is an 'attempt' to welcome those (Blacks) with an open mind to take a deeper look into how successful Black men and Women became .. successful.
(My white half is welcomed there so whitey is invited too)

There is an organization of African Americans that is leading the way .. out of poverty and into prosperity!

Check it out .. you might be surprised.

(snip)

Project 21 - Black Conservative Leadership Network
I don't see that they're actually doing anything in black communities or with young blacks as do, for instance, the 100 Black Men chapters or the hundreds of black fraternity chapters across the country. What, specifically, have they done to get any specific black man out of poverty?

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 08-31-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies