Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,572,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes, it is sad. However, the majority of the population have no problem with gays, just the bigots. So don't lump all people into one category of "people will never accept gays" because that statement in & of itself is patently false.
I'll rephrase. People who dont accept gays never will.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
You mean the agenda about being able to live like everyone else? That agenda? The horror.
But that's just it! Gays have the right to go about their business--go to work, live with whom they want, and have a relationship with whom they want. Laws against such are a thing of the past.

But why do they demand special rights and privileges? Why do so many of them rub peoples' noses in it? Why are they lauded as heroes for "coming out?" Why can't they just go about their lives without having to display themselves as painted freaks in a parade?

No, I don't think it's normal at all, and I never will. You don't even have to fall back on the Bible or religion to know this. Men and women are NOT designed to have sex with a same-sex partner, and this shouldn't have to be spelled out.

But if that's what someone wants to do, let 'em. Just go about your lives--and quit trying to force it on people. Why isn't that ever enough?

Old 09-04-2014, 03:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
But that's just it! Gays have the right to go about their business--go to work, live with whom they want, and have a relationship with whom they want. Laws against such are a thing of the past.

But why do they demand special rights and privileges? Why do so many of them rub peoples' noses in it? Why are they lauded as heroes for "coming out?" Why can't they just go about their lives without having to display themselves as painted freaks in a parade?

No, I don't think it's normal at all, and I never will. You don't even have to fall back on the Bible or religion to know this. Men and women are NOT designed to have sex with a same-sex partner, and this shouldn't have to be spelled out.

But if that's what someone wants to do, let 'em. Just go about your lives--and quit trying to force it on people. Why isn't that ever enough?
What are the special rights & privileges again? I look forward to you not answering because no one ever does when they realize they've been trumped.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

What special rights and privileges? Name them.
They want the same rights and privileges available to everyone else.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What special rights and privileges? Name them.
They want the same rights and privileges available to everyone else.
Allowing gays to get "married" is a special privilege. So there is your answer. Marriage is between one man and one woman.

Civil unions are allowed in some states, but it seems like that's never enough. You can also draw up a will to protect your partner if you wish.

But no--that's never enough, either. Gays are not the same as heterosexuals, and they never will be. But they want society to see it as exactly the same.

Gays have activist judges and Hollywood on their side, so they'll eventually get exactly what they want.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
What are the special rights & privileges again? I look forward to you not answering because no one ever does when they realize they've been trumped.
See post #115.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
See post #115.
You haven't answered. What that means is that heteros are getting special rights & privileges. Why? Special rights means they would get rights above & beyond what others get. Now again, what are the special rights & privileges?

Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Gays marching in the St patricks day parade - you will either get one of two kinds of popular floats -

A nice float, with rainbow flag, balloons, banners, flags, a group of people marching in a group with same kind of outfits on, maybe even with instruments (drums, etc.) or people riding in a car with pretty decorations.

Flamboyant half naked good looking athletic types with some of the above accoutrements.

if they are like the first group they will blend in to the Irish parade, and you wouldn't even know it if they didn't say it on a banner.

if they are like the 2nd group, then that will be interesting.

No one really knows because all of the above could happen in either the gay pride parade or the Irish parade.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
You haven't answered. What that means is that heteros are getting special rights & privileges. Why? Now again, what are the special rights & privileges?
Can you not read? Marriage is a benefit and a privilege reserved for men and women--not men and men and women and women.

You cannot ever convince me or any other normal person that man to man or woman to woman is the same as man to woman.

If that answer doesn't suit you, too bad. Call me a bigot, prejudiced, whatever. I don't care. Neither side is going to change the other's mind.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Can you not read? Marriage is a benefit and a privilege reserved for men and women--not men and men and women and women.

You cannot ever convince me or any other normal person that man to man or woman to woman is the same as man to woman.

If that answer doesn't suit you, too bad. Call me a bigot, prejudiced, whatever. I don't care. Neither side is going to change the other's mind.
You need to reread my post that I edited. Special rights are rights that are given above & beyond the general population. Therefore, it is heteros that are receiving special rights & privileges. Now, what special rights & privileges are gays asking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies