Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:49 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Glad to be of assistance in your learning experience.
Oh yeah, I have learned so much from you (the sarcasm meter is off the chart here btw).

Once again, I hope ISIS attacks Russia. It would be very interesting to see how Putin responds. This guy has people killed because he's bored...lol.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe these guys are a little over their heads taking on both the West, and now Russia......

'This message is addressed to you, oh Putin':
ISIS now threatens Russia over its ties to Syria's Assad and promises to 'liberate Chechnya and all the Caucasus'
  • Vladimir Putin was threatened because of close ties to Bashar al-Assad
  • In video, ISIS rebel sits in cockpit of captured Russian-made fighter jet
  • Second fighter warns Putin that his 'throne is in danger and will collapse'
  • Added: 'With permission of Allah we will liberate Chechnya and Caucasus'
  • It puts Putin on same side as the West in holding back Muslim extremism
  • At same time, Krelim leader remains at loggerheads with U.S. and Europe
Vladimir Putin was today directly and personally threatened by the Islamic State because of his close ties to Syrian leader Bashar Hafez al-Assad.
The chilling warning, delivered by a member of the terror group, puts the Kremlim leader on the same side as the West in holding back Muslim extremism.
But at the same time, he remains at loggerheads with the U.S. and Europe in the worst crisis since the Cold War.

Read more: ISIS threatens Russia over its ties to Syria's Assad | Mail Online
They'd best watch their mouths. Russia has a leader.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
And the results of that leadership is what in terms of terrorism?

http://rt.com/politics/russian-terro...committee-993/

The Investigative Committee recorded 661 terrorist offences in 2013, Aleksandr Bastrykin reported at the session of the agency’s executive council on Thursday. Of these, 31 qualified as fully fledged terrorist attacks, the head of the Investigative Committee added. Terrorist attacks in 2013 claimed about 40 lives and dozens more injured, Bastrykin said.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Oh yeah, I have learned so much from you (the sarcasm meter is off the chart here btw).

Once again, I hope ISIS attacks Russia. It would be very interesting to see how Putin responds. This guy has people killed because he's bored...lol.
Good for you, glad to see you are learning, and I did not even have to include pictures or cartoons, well done.

Yes, should be fun to watch him try and succeed, maybe this time he will manage it.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Where? Are they hiding him in Moscow or out in Siberia so Putin cannot find him?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Well someone took the threat to Putin and Russia seriously.

Chechen leader, Putin pal vows to crush ISIS after threat against Russia | Fox News
A whole lot of " hell " talk lately.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A whole lot of " hell " talk lately.
Yeah, I saw Biden spouting off about "hell" yesterday. Ole Joe is always entertaining...lol.

This Chechen leader might mean it, it's hard to tell at this point. Actions certainly tend to speak louder than words so I guess we'll see.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The largest concentration of Muslims in Europe is in Russia at 12% of the population. No doubt some of them are pro ISIS.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:25 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

Putin can't crush the Islamists in his own country.

Moreover, the Islamists ran the Russians smooth out of Afghanistan.

Do you guys even think about this stuff?
You folks are dreaming. Fighting radical Islamists in his own country, countries with ethnic Russians , or places that are being invaded because they have something to offer is completely different than dealing with an up-rise in an area that I guarantee you Putin doesn't gives two $hits about. If Russians start getting beheaded, Putin will literally shoot through innocent people to get to the "bad guys."

It won't be pretty. Picture guys like the soldiers in seal team six with absolutely no fear of being punished for war crimes. They'll torture, manipulate, or destroy anyone in their path that doesn't play ball until ISIS is no more.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, I saw Biden spouting off about "hell" yesterday. Ole Joe is always entertaining...lol.

This Chechen leader might mean it, it's hard to tell at this point. Actions certainly tend to speak louder than words so I guess we'll see.
Joe Biden is a true war hawke. He's a real war monger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies