Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Sure, you go enjoy your "freedom" I'd rather enjoy my lower murder rate Good luck. lol

2012 murder rates:

New York- 3.5
Texas - 4.4
Louisiana - 10.8
Alabama - 7.1
Georgia - 5.9
Florida - 5.2
Arkansas - 5.9

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center
I'll stick with Idaho, with a murder rate of `1.8, half that of the people's republic of NY. Leaving that hole was the best decision of my life. Oh, and the AR-15s and semi-auto handguns in my gun safe have yet to go out on a shooting rampage.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
The point is that liberal and gun controlling New York is safer than Texas so where is the value of guns as guarantors of security???

That difference by the way is even bigger when you compare New York City murder rate of 5.1 (2012) to that of Houston - 10.0 and Dallas 12.4... Now explain to me how guns in big cities in Texas are making citizens there safer? LOL

Oh, the gubmint? Of course. LOL

I will sacrifice the safety of those not willing to protect themselves, for my freedom to protect myself and my family.
In all the statistics noted with murder rates in individual cities, there seems to be a common denominator no one wants to mention, in fear of being called a racist.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'll stick with Idaho, with a murder rate of `1.8, half that of the people's republic of NY.
Its easy to have a murder rate of 1.8 when your great state of Idaho doesn't have a single city over a quarter million or when the entire population of the state is still less than that of Staten Island.... LOL

I take new York State, you can live in the boonies. Thank you.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Youre watching way to much TV, New York City is much safer than Dallas and Houston:

2012 Murder rates

NYC - 5.1

Houston - 10.0
Dallas - 12.4

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nope, the citizens have the right to know.
Based on your own numbers of 5.1 and 10.0

Houston had 220 murders in 2012 and NYC had 423 those are rounded off. I told you that the government likes to play with numbers..

And It's NONE of YOUR or the states right to know how many guns that I might own!

Old 09-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I will sacrifice the safety of those not willing to protect themselves, for my freedom to protect myself and my family.
So you would sacrifice someone else's security for your "freedom"? LOL

Its easy to promote sacrifice when you're not the one who has to sacrifice anything.

Sorry guy, I don't feel like walking around with AR-15 to protect my safety, this is not Somalia or Afghanistan. We live in a civilized country. You stay in the woods.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Don't you wipe your face with the Constitution!. It's a great document but it was written over 200 years ago, where there was no police,

After all this is was Thomas Jefferson wrote about our Constitution:

“Every constitution, then, and every law, natural expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.”

There have been elected Sheriff's since before this nation declared its independence from tyrannical King George.

Thomas Jefferson also said in the 20th year, the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
First off I am not sure the State was within it's legal rights to demand the records, that sort of action would have to be linked to an active case in most states, someone that truly knows NY law would have to address that issue.
Personally I believe their laws to be stupid beyond belief. How many crimes are committed by criminals using AR's, the number is so low to not even be relevant to crime statistics. Laws like what NY and Cal have are feel good laws that make little to no impact on crimes where a gun is used, the vast majority of crimes where a gun is involved are crimes committed by criminals using guns they do not own legally. Some will claim their state has a slightly lower crime rate where guns are involved, but the fact of the matter is crime rates all across the Nation are dropping and have been for several years now. I can not speak for those in other states, nor can I speak for all Texans, but I can say without a doubt that everyone I know here in Texas would rather have a slightly higher rate of gun violence than to give up our freedoms to gain a small measure of security, so in reality the slight crime rates make no difference to many if not most Texans. Not that I believe they would ever attempt to enact stupid gun laws in Texas as they have in some States but if it were tried I can assure you the vast majority would simply ignore the law and if confiscation of guns were attempted here those doing it would not only face an armed populace that would fight to retain their Freedom they would also face law enforcement agencies that have already stated they would not obey any laws that violate the Constitution. So those of you that you are somehow safer in a place such as NY then be my guest and enjoy your false sense of security for those that believe their rights come before those laws a state may pass then you have several choices, obey the unconstitutional laws, become a criminal and do not register or modify your guns or move to a State that still believes in the rights given to the People under the Constitution.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Based on your own numbers of 5.1 and 10.0

Houston had 220 murders in 2012 and NYC had 423 those are rounded off.
And NYC has a population of 8.5 million while Houston has 2.1 million residents. Dp the math. lol

Psst! There is only 22 percent of blacks in Houston while NYC has twice as many - 44%, so dont blame blacks for twice higher murder rate in Houston. lol

Quote:
I told you that the government likes to play with numbers..
it's called math. Is that illegal in Texas? LOL

Quote:
And It's NONE of YOUR or the states right to know how many guns that I might own!
Yes it is. The citizens have the right to know who possesses and who is walking around public spaces with deadly weapons.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
After all this is was Thomas Jefferson wrote about our Constitution:

“Every constitution, then, and every law, natural expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.”

Thankfully he didn't manage to get that written into the Constitution. Your thinking is downright dangerous.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
And NYC has a population of 8.5 million while Houston has 2.1 million residents. lol

it's called math. Is that illegal in Texas? LOL

Yes it is. The citizens have the right to know who possesses and who is walking around public spaces with deadly weapons.
In Texas we do not give up freedom for a false sense of security.

We have more high tech companies than NY, so I would say our math skills are just fine.

Except that criminals are not going to tell you or the state squat, and those that have conceal carry permit here the State does know about, so I would say it is NY that seems to be lacking in logic or common sense skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies