Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 04:46 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times

Advertisements

Typical liberal nutjob reaction. Some parents are objecting to the constitutional right of fathers to bring weapons to their kid's elementary school functions.

What are they going to do if some other kid jumps up and starts pounding their child with a sheet of rolled up construction paper? Just sit there helplessly and let their child take a merciless beating?

This gentleman sums it up well:

Quote:
Two more lawsuits have been filed by fathers who want to be allowed to bring a gun to functions at their children's elementary schools. That brings the number of such complaints in light of a recent change in Georgia law to three.

On Wednesday, Phillip Evans filed suit in Gwinnett County, saying he wants to bring a gun when he attends functions at Centerville Elementary School in Snellville. James Johnson filed a similar suit Tuesday in Fulton Superior Court asking for clarification whether the state law allows him to bring his 9 mm Smith and Wesson when he goes to functions at New Prospect Elementary School in Alpharetta, where his 6-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son attend.

Johnson said he is afraid for his children's safety and "as a parent it's my responsibility to look out for my family."

More... First grade talent show in Alpharetta: Should dad be able to pack his Handycam and his handgun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 04:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
There's an elementary school 3 blocks from my house. I've been thinking about doing some community service and looking out for the safety of those kids by grabbing my AR-15, heading down to the school, and patrolling the grounds. Pretty good idea, right?

Old 09-08-2014, 04:56 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
You can never be too careful some of those elementary school functions can turn ugly.

This is what you get with the guns everywhere laws in GA, paranoia reigns supreme. We know we can trust bringing guns into schools, no history of problems there.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
There's an elementary school 3 blocks from my house. I've been thinking about doing some community service and looking out for the safety of those kids by grabbing my AR-15, heading down to the school, and patrolling the grounds. Pretty good idea, right?
Thank you for validating the OP's comment when they said
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Typical liberal nutjob reaction.
Considering no one is suggesting this type of reaction, your posting is meaningless, and void of any value.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thank you for validating the OP's comment when they said
It's my 2nd Amendment right to do that, right?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:02 PM

430 posts, read 380,042 times
Quote:
Typical liberal nutjob reaction. Some parents are objecting to the constitutional right of fathers to bring weapons to their kid's elementary school functions.

What are they going to do if some other kid jumps up and starts pounding their child with a sheet of rolled up construction paper? Just sit there helplessly and let their child take a merciless beating?

This gentleman sums it up well:

Awesome! Great news.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You have every right to do so if you choose. The last time I checked the Second Amendment isn't limited to parents.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
It's my 2nd Amendment right to do that, right?

That's right so quit your idle threats and get to it man.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You can never be too careful some of those elementary school functions can turn ugly.
It's just common sense not to go into an elementary school unarmed. Those kids can go nuts on you just as fast as any adult and if you don't have adequate firepower to defend yourself you are the next statistic waiting to happen.

Consider:

Quote:
A second-grader in Indiana pulls off his shoe and wields it as a weapon, striking his teacher. A kindergartner in Philadelphia punches a pregnant teacher in the stomach.

An 8-year-old in Maryland threatens to burn down his suburban elementary school, plotting where he'll pour the gasoline.

Elementary school principals and safety experts say they're seeing more violence and aggression than ever among their youngest students, pointing to what they see as an alarming rise in assaults and threats to classmates and teachers.

"Some of my most violent kids have been in kindergarten, first and second grade," an elementary school principal in rural Wisconsin says. "They simply lose control, and it comes out in extremely violent manners." The principal did not want her name used.

School violence hits lower grades

Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
It's just common sense not to go into an elementary school unarmed. Those kids can go nuts on you just as fast as any adult and if you don't have adequate firepower to defend yourself you are the next statistic waiting to happen.

Consider:
Pregnant elementary school teachers should always be packing you never know.,, the teacher in question could have taken him out with one well aimed shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies