Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have personally seen it posted on discussion boards, whether you have or not does not change that fact. There are more than a few out there that believe in ZERO rules when it comes to gun ownership, you know it and I know it.
Are we dictating policy and discussion based on the opinions of the super fringe minority of people?

I can find people wanting and claiming all kinds of crazy things, but I don't portray those arguments onto the majority of others like you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 03:49 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Typical liberal nutjob reaction. Some parents are objecting to the constitutional right of fathers to bring weapons to their kid's elementary school functions.
your article is actually the opposite. So regardless of Liberal or not. . the action being taken here is lawsuits to ALLOW guns into schools. No right has been taken away. . .these schools h aven't allowed guns for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What are they going to do if some other kid jumps up and starts pounding their child with a sheet of rolled up construction paper? Just sit there helplessly and let their child take a merciless beating?

Let me get this straight. your advoacting a gun as the appropriate response to a kid getting bullied? and you started the post with "liberal nutjob reaction".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You can never be too careful some of those elementary school functions can turn ugly.

This is what you get with the guns everywhere laws in GA, paranoia reigns supreme. We know we can trust bringing guns into schools, no history of problems there.

Sure. I could note that there hasn't been a single PTA meeting shooting in conneticut either, all without guns, but that wouldn't help your idoiotic asseritions would it.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
your article is actually the opposite. So regardless of Liberal or not. . the action being taken here is lawsuits to ALLOW guns into schools. No right has been taken away. . .these schools h aven't allowed guns for some time.

Let me get this straight. your advoacting a gun as the appropriate response to a kid getting bullied? and you started the post with "liberal nutjob reaction".

Sure. I could note that there hasn't been a single PTA meeting shooting in conneticut either, all without guns, but that wouldn't help your idoiotic asseritions would it.
Some people clearly:

1. Don't know other posters on this forum very well

2. Don't know sarcasm when they see it

Old 04-23-2015, 03:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Are we dictating policy and discussion based on the opinions of the super fringe minority of people?

I can find people wanting and claiming all kinds of crazy things, but I don't portray those arguments onto the majority of others like you did.
Good Grief
I simply mentioned to another poster that his rational idea on gun control and ownership would be not be acceptable to some radicals. I never said anything about them representing the majority and if you are going to be dishonest in portraying what I said then do not bother with replies. Keep it real, Shooting.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'll be honest... I'm really surprised here in 2015 that American opinion on firearms is actually swinging towards being pro-firearm.. I thought by now the liberals would have restricted them far more and instead we've gone in the other direction with almost every state having some form of CCW.

I've heard people say we'd be better off without gun ownership as far as safety but the problem with the liberal argument is they are ALWAYS seemingly against more safety course because they don't care about gun safety, they want the guns banned. I'm all for requiring a basic safety course which grants one access to a CCW which is good in any state. The safety course I took to get my Utah permit was quite informative.. I see my share of people at the range that don't follow the 4 basic rules for gun safety and could use a safety course.

That doesn't mean I support banning guns because I believe in the nanny state... I support taking classes to make people more responsible gun owners.

Armed Defense Training Association (ADTA) - Four Basic Rules of Gun Safety
That makes too much sense for some on here.

FACTS: Firearms are already prevalent, talking about banning is silly. An act of congress attempting to ban and confiscate in any manner whatsoever would result in chaos.
Senseless shootings occur every single day with people doing stupid chit with firearms like using them to resolve parking disputes or settle a road rage incident.
Accidental shooting deaths of the most egregious negligent nature involving children are also happening with increasing frequency.

It would stand careful common sense scrutiny that the last bastion of sensible firearm ownership would involve something more than a simple background check for acquiring a CCW but an intensive training regimen universal to all 50 states. This training should involve an ownership review and repetitive review of training on a bi-annual or some-such basis to determine if owner has shown any tendency to use his weapon to either intimidate or impress.

Sure they're a tool but a tool whose sole designed purpose is inflicting deadly harm.

It's not about the guns, it's about the people who own or desire to own them with whatever intent is behind that desire.

Something has to be done to weed out the fools who grab the thing out of their glove box to respond to the one finger salute he got from the guy he blew his horn at for cutting him off. The idiot who thinks it appropriate to use it to kill his estranged wife and three kiddies because if he can't have them nobody else can either.

Wifey reports her hubby has threatened her and cops can substantiate that...guns are gone, no argument! Records show your doctor has advised the appropriate agencies you're on anti depressants for suicidal tendencies, cops show up and gather all the registered firearms up in a bundle, give you a receipt and if after a couple of years of stable behaviour you can apply to reclaim them.

Please ...none of this chit about the perp using his car or some such to inflict personal injury. We all know he cannot do that with the unmitigated ease of simply unholstering his glock and flinging lead at anyone and everyone he's pizzed at.

Where most people hale from, a simple report of onset alzheimers, current dizziness or concussion and some drug prescriptions results in automatic confiscation of driver's license. Guns should fare no better.

Last edited by BruSan; 04-23-2015 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That makes too much sense for some on here.

FACTS: Firearms are already prevalent, talking about banning is silly. An act of congress attempting to ban and confiscate in any manner whatsoever would result in chaos.
Senseless shootings occur every single day with people doing stupid chit with firearms like using them to resolve parking disputes or settle a road rage incident.
Accidental shooting deaths of the most egregious negligent nature involving children are also happening with increasing frequency.

It would stand careful common sense scrutiny that the last bastion of sensible firearm ownership would involve something more than a simple background check for acquiring a CCW but an intensive training regimen universal to all 50 states. This training should involve an ownership review and repetitive review of training on a bi-annual or some-such basis to determine if owner has shown any tendency to use his weapon to either intimidate or impress.

Sure they're a tool but a tool whose sole designed purpose is inflict deadly harm.

It's not about the guns, it's about the people who own or desire to own them with whatever intent is behind that desire.

Something has to be done to weed out the fools who grab the thing out of their glove box to respond to the one finger salute he got from the guy he blew his horn at for cutting him off. The idiot who thinks it appropriate to use it to kill his estranged wife and three kiddies because if he can't have them nobody else can either.

Wifey reports her hubby has threatened her and cops can substantiate that...guns are gone, no argument! Records show your doctor has advised the appropriate agencies you're on anti depressants for suicidal tendencies, cops show up and gather all the registered firearms up in a bundle, give you a receipt and if after a couple of years of stable behaviour you can apply to reclaim them.

Please ...none of this chit about the perp using his car or some such to inflict personal injury. We all know he cannot do that with the unmitigated ease of simply unholstering his glock and flinging lead at anyone and everyone he's pizzed at.

Where most people hale from, a simple report of onset alzheimers, current dizziness or concussion and some drug prescriptions results in automatic confiscation of driver's license. Guns should fare no better.

Quote:
Please ...none of this chit about the perp using his car or some such to inflict personal injury.
So what you're really saying here is please don't rebut my post with a logical argument because I won't like that. Got it.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So what you're really saying here is please don't rebut my post with a logical argument because I won't like that. Got it.
No; what I'm really saying, had you bothered to read the rest of it you would have seen what you needed to, instead of your silly meme response.

You left out this part of my post "We all know he cannot do that with the unmitigated ease of simply unholstering his glock and flinging lead at anyone and everyone he's pizzed at." which kinda explained all.

Many things can be deadly weapons but none other than the firearm was designed for the purpose of making remote killing EASY. Especially as it can be readily concealed and carried into an environment of relative safety.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No; what I'm really saying, had you bothered to read the rest of it you would have seen what you needed to, instead of your silly meme response.

You left out this part of my post "We all know he cannot do that with the unmitigated ease of simply unholstering his glock and flinging lead at anyone and everyone he's pizzed at." which kinda explained all.

Many things can be deadly weapons but none other than the firearm was designed for the purpose of making remote killing EASY. Especially as it can be readily concealed and carried into an environment of relative safety.
I read your entire post. It has the familiar smell only this time it's just coming from another pile of bull feces. Why would you cite Glock BTW? Is it perhaps because it's a name you've seen repeatedly in the media and your only knowledge of the subject is what the media has spoon fed you? That's rhetorical BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies