Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 08:50 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The same could be said of terrorist attacks like 9/11, yet we will go to war over them.
That was just 1 in a string of many attacks. A lot of people forget the first World Trade Center bombing in the 90's or the attack on the USS Cole. All carried out by the same organization.

Had they been random, 'lone wolf' attacks it would have been impossible to go to war. Not much of a war when there is no organization to fight against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I've been wondering on all these gun discussions. The gun advocates are all for open carry. Now, what if they saw a group of 20 year old black males, pants down to their knees, big shirted carrying guns in their local grocery store. Is that okay? I ask because a black kid got shot and killed by the police in a Walmart due to the false reporting of another white shopper. He had a toy gun in his hands and was murdered for it. Why didn't the police murder those *******s in Target with assault rifles or real guns that kill on their backs??? Just sayin...
Baggy pants and carrying at the waste do not go together. I would recommend them an EDC or 'war belt' from SOE Gear.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:29 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I've been wondering on all these gun discussions. The gun advocates are all for open carry. Now, what if they saw a group of 20 year old black males, pants down to their knees, big shirted carrying guns in their local grocery store. Is that okay? I ask because a black kid got shot and killed by the police in a Walmart due to the false reporting of another white shopper. He had a toy gun in his hands and was murdered for it. Why didn't the police murder those *******s in Target with assault rifles or real guns that kill on their backs??? Just sayin...
It would be illegal for 20 year olds, you gun control advocates really don't know anything about the subject, do you? If their pants are down to their knees the certainly aren't using belt holsters, carrying in their hands? That would be brandishing, potentially classified as a threat which would be assault and also illegal.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:42 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,999,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That was just 1 in a string of many attacks. A lot of people forget the first World Trade Center bombing in the 90's or the attack on the USS Cole. All carried out by the same organization.

Had they been random, 'lone wolf' attacks it would have been impossible to go to war. Not much of a war when there is no organization to fight against.
Nonsense, we went to war because of 9/11. Nothing else mattered. We invaded Iraq because of 9/11 and they didn't have anything to do with it.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:07 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What utter ignorance!

Fear breeds ignorance.
I'm not the one insisting on bringing a gun to a school to "protect" my family from specters of violence. You're right, fear absolutely does breed ignorance. I'm not the one who is afraid.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm not the one insisting on bringing a gun to a school to "protect" my family from specters of violence. You're right, fear absolutely does breed ignorance. I'm not the one who is afraid.

You seemed to crap your pants with fear at a gun you never saw.

My line of business as an investigator, it would be dumb to not be armed to the teeth, 24/7.

You fear my weapon. I fear the day I have to use it.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:50 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And that 1/10th is what all of them are judging things on...
I would guess that the number of people shot in mass shootings is considerably less than the number who are accidentally shot with their own (or a family member's) gun.

Yet the mass shootings somehow get all the publicity.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I would guess that the number of people shot in mass shootings is considerably less than the number who are accidentally shot with their own (or a family member's) gun.

I'm guessing it is not a 1/10th either. That would just be chicago.

More like 1/99

Old 09-11-2014, 02:02 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

And both of those percentages are less then how many times a firearm has saved someone... and of course that doesn't get any publicity.

Oh and let's not forget the percentage of people that don't live in the urban sprawl and actually use firearms to feed their families.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:09 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Oft forgotten in these strident debates is the fear driven obsession with carrying of firearms due to intangible remote but nonetheless perceived threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies