Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:23 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I thought you stated you were independent and non-partisan...
What thread are you meaning to post on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 04:33 PM

847 posts, read 767,065 times
I love it how people are drowned in their dogma.

Leftists think Obama has done nothing for them.

i.e they ask why he continued bank bail outs.
why he did not put any bank CEO in jail
why he did massively expand grants for higher education
why he did not increase teachers pay by a huge marin
why he did not include the public option in the health carebill (medicare for all)

Republicans believe he has doubled taxes.
while the top marginal taxes have gone up 4.5% and that only took effect last year.

Republicans believe he has opened the flood gates for Mexicans to enter the U.S
That's while Under Obama deportations have massively increased.

Some Republican believe he is weak on defense.
That's while under Obama we have attacked a bunch of more countries in some capacity.

the reality is always full nuance. but that does not fit very well into political narratives that must be placed on bumper stickers.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:39 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The era of White Guilt is over. Obama will be remembered for being the first black* President, yes, but he will also be remembered for shattering the white guilt template that has propped black people up since 1964 and beyond. What does America owe black people at this point when a black* person has held the highest popularly elected office in the land? Nothing. It's sink or swim time, this time without white guilt (particularly white liberal guilt). This will be Obama's chief accomplishment.

I agree 100%. When he was running, I told a friend from NY, that if he was elected, he would divide our country back to the way it was in the 60's. She got angry and never spoke to me again.

I often wonder if she ever thinks back to what I had told her back then.

I could tell he was not a uniter. He could of been but he was a lying during his campain and I saw right through it.

Our country has never been as weak and divided as it is now.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:37 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
Not sure if Moore with that statement.
Obama is not the first black

He is either the first white that is dark skinned
Or the first 1/2 black & white.
But not the first black.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Who cares?

President Obama. Greatest President we've ever had. Never before has a President of the United States excelled despite being opposed by a segment of this country because of his skin color. Never before has a President of the US ever had to deal with the supreme stench left over by someone of George Bush's low caliber. Never before has a President of the US had to work with a Republican representation in Congress who have more in common with ISIS than not. Yet, he continues to shine. His is a successful two terms.

The only "disappointment" is among the Republicans, who by comparison have looked quite anemic.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
He will also be remembered for his eponymous health care plan though it was used with a negative connotation by his opponents of the day. I think the name will live on even as the program morphs significantly with successive Dem administrations.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:53 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Obama is in over his head. I guess he was the best well-spoken black guy the Dems could find to trot out for the campaign.

I hope they learned their lesson about trying to force agendas when so much is at stake.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
He's not the first "black" president. Bill Clinton was. Hell, Clinton is more black that obama. Even Cankles is more black than our first mulatto president.

In any event, moore's big disappoint is he believed the same crap the cd bot brigade did.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:48 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama. Greatest President we've ever had. Never before has a President of the United States excelled despite being opposed by a segment of this country because of his skin color. Never before has a President of the US ever had to deal with the supreme stench left over by someone of George Bush's low caliber. Never before has a President of the US had to work with a Republican representation in Congress who have more in common with ISIS than not. Yet, he continues to shine. His is a successful two terms.

The only "disappointment" is among the Republicans, who by comparison have looked quite anemic.
You nuke your own point with your senseless rhetoric.

Again - Michael Moore makes more sense here. He didn't even satisfy the hefty lefty.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:51 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Obama will be remembered along with Bush as a lackluster period of presidents in American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies