Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When were they appreciative? From 2003 to 2007 when the country was experiencing a bloodbath so horrific that a "surge" was needed?

Or how about the one or two hours a day of electricity while Americans in the Green Zone ate Popeyes and snacked on ice cream.
Letter of Appreciation

Kurdistan Region of Iraq Thanks U.S. Military

There were plenty that were appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 12:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What was Bush right about? That we should have left Iraq? Let me know what you want to rewrite history to be so I can properly comment on it.
I know it is not in your political DNA to ever admit Bush was right about anything. Movin' on...

Old 09-10-2014, 12:09 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dubya stupidly got talked into a failed war in Iraq by his veep, then left it unresolved and the only outcome would be failure no matter how many troops were left for any amount of time.

Maybe if he and Chicken Dick Cheney hadn't squirmed out of service in Vietnam, they might have learned the lesson about engaging in land wars in Asia.
Vietnam was a jungle war, the ME was a desert war. There's a major difference and unknown territory to our military in both instances.

Remind us about Obama's military service please and how well it has served him. If there was a draft and Obama's number came up I think he would have fled the US with the clothes on his back.

Did you know that when we withdrew from Iraq Obama was president, not Bush? Who left it unresolved??? Who declared Iraq stable? Obama withdrew from Iraq with no SOFA. Afghanistan was supposed to sign a SOFA a year ago and we are still in Afghanistan. Why didn't Obama withdraw our troops from Afghanistan when Afghanistan wouldn't sign the SOFA?

Old 09-10-2014, 01:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know it is not in your political DNA to ever admit Bush was right about anything. Movin' on...
So you do think we should have stayed in Iraq indefinitely. No thank you, Bush was wrong to invade and Bush was wrong to keep US soldiers there.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Vietnam was a jungle war, the ME was a desert war. There's a major difference and unknown territory to our military in both instances.

Remind us about Obama's military service please and how well it has served him. If there was a draft and Obama's number came up I think he would have fled the US with the clothes on his back.

Did you know that when we withdrew from Iraq Obama was president, not Bush? Who left it unresolved??? Who declared Iraq stable? Obama withdrew from Iraq with no SOFA. Afghanistan was supposed to sign a SOFA a year ago and we are still in Afghanistan. Why didn't Obama withdraw our troops from Afghanistan when Afghanistan wouldn't sign the SOFA?
We are in the process of withdrawing our troop from Afghanistan now.

Obama to leave 9,800 U.S. troops in Afghanistan - The Washington Post

Old 09-10-2014, 03:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
The Kurds? That's who you were talking about?

Mmmm...No, you weren't.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
What were the terms of the pullout?
Pull troops out by end of 2011. Iraq agreed, and later said they would not guarantee immunity for any US troops after that date, so we pulled out. Bush may have thought 2007 was too soon, but his order in 2008 clearly shows he didn't think so any more. ISIS was not a significant force in 2008, or in 2011, so I think "W" made the right call ordering the pull-out.

His pull-out order in 2008 makes his 'warning' in 2007 completely irrelevant.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Exactly, yet they keep repeating these lines from 2007, like the pull out of Iraq in Dec 2013
was never signed by Bush JR. himself in the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement in 2008.

Sure, Repubs would have liked to have a small force remain in Iraq, but with our soldiers
not given Iraq law immunity it was not possible. Could you imagine if ISIS was beheading
soldiers instead of two journalists....

Let's face it. The war on terrorists is never ending, like organized crime. That's why it should
be done covertly with special ops, and should have been done so in the beginning.
No war/troops in the first place.
He also said this following the agreement.....yet people ignore it, carry on!

Bush said he wants to leave a sustainable Iraq policy to the next administration, including adequate U.S. troop levels, a security agreement with the Iraqi government, and noticeable political progress. Early withdrawal from Iraq would put at risk the gains troops have made over the past year, he said, and he urged Congress to approve funds for the war on terror without any withdrawal timetables or limits to commanders in the field.

"What they need to do is stand by our brave men and women in uniform and fully fund the troops," Bush said of Congress.

Read more: DVIDS - News - Success in Iraq must be sustained, Bush says

Old 09-10-2014, 09:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Hey, you're good.

Quote:
Remind me of the wars that Obama has started.

Quote:
Just think how much better off we'd all be if your boy Bush hadn't crewed up his two wars.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He also said this following the agreement.....yet people ignore it, carry on!

Bush said he wants to leave a sustainable Iraq policy to the next administration, including adequate U.S. troop levels, a security agreement with the Iraqi government, and noticeable political progress. Early withdrawal from Iraq would put at risk the gains troops have made over the past year, he said, and he urged Congress to approve funds for the war on terror without any withdrawal timetables or limits to commanders in the field.

"What they need to do is stand by our brave men and women in uniform and fully fund the troops," Bush said of Congress.

Read more: DVIDS - News - Success in Iraq must be sustained, Bush says
If he wanted to leave adequate troop levels then he SHOULD HAVE put it into his agreement,
BEFORE signing it. I'm not buying this, what he wanted crap. Reminds me of Ford signing of the Public
Health Care Act. What he wanted Congress to do later, in regards to doctors and their student loans, NEVER happened, but he signed it ANYWAYS.

Lesson: don't sign acts/laws that don't have the **** in you want, and then go babble later
on about Should have's. It's pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies