Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 11:09 AM

17,460 posts, read 14,691,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well, my, my, two white people and two black people attacked, I guess that means they were equal opportunity attackers.
Actually, I don't think so at all. What I do think is that they were playing the knock out game and picking out white people to pummel.

And when the two black people who tried to stop them intervened, they were turned on and beaten as well.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I hear 'ya. EVERYONE takes a beating from time to time. What's the big deal?

It builds character and helps you learn about other cultures
In your world maybe.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Actually, I don't think so at all. What I do think is that they were playing the knock out game and picking out white people to pummel.

And when the two black people who tried to stop them intervened, they were turned on and beaten as well.
I figured out that is what you meant, fairly obvious. Thing is, it is not always whites that get attacked, it depends on the punk teenagers and who they think they believe will be fun to attack that day. The sooner a few of them are shot the sooner the game will end.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,953,413 times
Quote:
........And when the two black people who tried to stop them intervened, they were turned on and beaten as well.
That's because in the vernacular of the hood "they wuz actin' white".

Old 09-10-2014, 11:19 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,953,413 times
Quote:
In your world maybe.
Not really. Like you, I was trying to lighten up this thread.

Some people take 100 out of control youths loose on the public a little too seriously.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 AM

17,460 posts, read 14,691,657 times
Quote:
I figured out that is what you meant, fairly obvious. Thing is, it is not always whites that get attacked, it depends on the punk teenagers and who they think they believe will be fun to attack that day. The sooner a few of them are shot the sooner the game will end.
Here's the problem I have with this incident ... besides the obvious fact that a mob beating the snot out of random people is, for lack of a better word, just WRONG.

The problem is that it isn't being classified as a hate crime, or to my knowledge, it's not being investigated at all. That bothers me.

If these kids were specifically targeting white people, then it's a hate crime.

Turn the tables and if it was a group of white kids that targeted black people in the same same set of circumstances, in my eyes it would and should most definitely be categorized as a hate crime.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Here's the problem I have with this incident ... besides the obvious fact that a mob beating the snot out of random people is, for lack of a better word, just WRONG.

The problem is that it isn't being classified as a hate crime, or to my knowledge, it's not being investigated at all. That bothers me.

If these kids were specifically targeting white people, then it's a hate crime.

Turn the tables and if it was a group of white kids that targeted black people in the same same set of circumstances, in my eyes it would and should most definitely be categorized as a hate crime.
I do not believe in Hate Crimes, a crime is a crime in my book and violent crimes should all be punished in the harshest manner befitting the nature of the crime. The victims do not care what color the person is that is attacking them they only care that they are being attacked and want it to stop. Attack me or mine and we will shoot and keep shooting until the threat has passed and we do not give a rats behind what color you are, you are simply a punk that needs to be taught a lesson that you will not forget, that is if you survive the lesson. If more people started taking that attitude we would have fewer crimes such as this.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
I do not believe in Hate Crimes, a crime is a crime in my book and violent crimes should all be punished in the harshest manner befitting the nature of the crime. The victims do not care what color the person is that is attacking them they only care that they are being attacked and want it to stop. Attack me or mine and we will shoot and keep shooting until the threat has passed and we do not give a rats behind what color you are, you are simply a punk that needs to be taught a lesson that you will not forget, that is if you survive the lesson. If more people started taking that attitude we would have fewer crimes such as this.

You just made a very solid case that an armed society is a polite society.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:40 AM

594 posts, read 346,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Yes, this was on the major news networks, but you won't hear a damn thing from Obama, Holder, Sharpton or Jackson.

Personally I don't care what color is doing the attacking or being attacked, but soon enough there will be a blood bath when animals like this who pull this crap pick on the wrong person and they're carrying a licensed handgun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark Sauser is a man not prone to show his emotions. But when he saw the video, he wept.

The video showed a rampaging mob attacking people indiscriminately in the parking lot of a Kroger supermarket in Memphis, Tennessee. A bag boy saw the advancing crowd and sought shelter.

He tried to escape but within a matter of moments the young man found himself swept up in the violence and chaos.

The first punch came without warning. He was knocked to the ground. Then came another and the boy collapsed. But the angry mob would not let up. They slammed pumpkins into the boy’s battered body. The boy lost consciousness.

Memphis attack: Father weeps over video of badly beaten son | Fox News
You can bet your ass, if it were white boys running around in gangs like this, or playing various versions of that knock out game, and targeting minority people, then Obama and Holder, et al, would be screaming about this from the roof tops.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:41 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
I do not believe in Hate Crimes, a crime is a crime in my book and violent crimes should all be punished in the harshest manner befitting the nature of the crime. The victims do not care what color the person is that is attacking them they only care that they are being attacked and want it to stop.
So called "hate crimes" (bias-motivated sentence enhancements) aren't about the victims or the victim's color. Hate crimes are about the heinous motivations of the criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies