Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 08:20 AM

32,036 posts, read 36,917,793 times

Advertisements

What are we going to do to rein in this outrageous behavior? We can't have it.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,583,327 times
Look at the wrist slap charges they get...agg assualt and agg riot? Looks to me like they could've tacked on attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder at least. You know punks like this and their families likely don't have two nickels to rub together for defense. They should stack up the felony charges and make sure they get 20 years at least.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,695,540 times
My first reaction to this is more or less the human nature of the people and it really has nothing to do with black or white.
From a political stand point this can be looked at with many different view points but in the end violence and actions were taken against other individuals.

The reason why in most cases could be explained this is just humans who DECIDED beating up people is entertainment and fun.

The only case to be made is INDIVIDUALS living in this world we live in today have to understand one thing.
Defend your life, your liberty and your property. When other humans know they only thing standing between them and these attacks is a lone bag boy the misguided people do bad things.

The police cant be everywhere and not all police are angels. The only safe guard you have is yourself.
Support the RIGHT to defend yourself against others and against your own government when they become the thugs.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,728,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You do not really know anything about my life.
I know only what you reveal. I am sure it is not a complete picture, but I go on the picture you reveal. So be it.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:29 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,728,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I know what I'm saying will offend some. I feel much safer around suburban whites and blacks, than around inner city blacks. Living 30 minutes from Atlanta, I avoid it like the plague.
So do I. I am very pro-black people and black culture. But I hate black criminals with more passion than probably most people, because all in all they endanger black people more than whites, and they make it bad for blacks in general to live peaceful lives because of their criminality and because so many racists can't tell the difference between a normal person and a thug.

I live in a suburb with many Asians and some whites, blacks and Latinos/Hispanics. It is very calm and safe. I don't fear anyone anywhere, except an occasional cowboy cop.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:38 AM

53,056 posts, read 34,858,615 times

Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM

17,734 posts, read 14,840,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They interviewed the mother of the kid in green kicking the white clerk. She's 33 & has 8 kids. She said his father died but it's not clear if he was the father of the remaining kids. She didn't indicate that she was a widow.

Evidently there still shame in the hood. She said her family's have been chided so much over this by neighbors over this incident that she doesn't leave the home.
Mother Of Teen Arrested In Kroger Beating Talks With FOX13 - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13
For anyone who doesn't have the time to sit through it, I just watched the whole 35 minute interview.

She keeps saying that he's sorry - and that basically that should be enough.

She has 8 kids, all 16 and under. Five of them are teenagers. The 15 year old that is being charged was arrested recently with a gun.

She's been arrested for prostitution.

She says she gets no governmental assistance. When pressed she insists she gets no help ... but finally owns up to food stamps. But no housing. But she says she's an "at home mom" who doesn't work. And she's looking into moving to Texas.

And interestingly, he wasn't at home when the police came. He was in Mississippi. (The reporter doesn't press that issue - but reasonable person would think he was running from the law.)

She's mad, she's disgusted and she knows he was wrong. But feels like it should've been handled differently and not been on tv. (Apparently another news outlet released their names.) That other people have been beaten around Memphis and they've never been on tv. (Basically, why are you picking on my kid?)

She says there's another tape that exists that's just as bad as the televised one - but her kid isn't in that one.

She says that everyone is judging her but they don't know her. And she wants to apologize to the victims parents in private.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:59 AM

939 posts, read 798,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So do I. I am very pro-black people and black culture. But I hate black criminals with more passion than probably most people, because all in all they endanger black people more than whites, and they make it bad for blacks in general to live peaceful lives because of their criminality and because so many racists can't tell the difference between a normal person and a thug.

I live in a suburb with many Asians and some whites, blacks and Latinos/Hispanics. It is very calm and safe. I don't fear anyone anywhere, except an occasional cowboy cop.
Well said.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM

19,898 posts, read 12,189,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
For anyone who doesn't have the time to sit through it, I just watched the whole 35 minute interview.

She keeps saying that he's sorry - and that basically that should be enough.

She has 8 kids, all 16 and under. Five of them are teenagers. The 15 year old that is being charged was arrested recently with a gun.

She's been arrested for prostitution.

She says she gets no governmental assistance. When pressed she insists she gets no help ... but finally owns up to food stamps. But no housing. But she says she's an "at home mom" who doesn't work. And she's looking into moving to Texas.

And interestingly, he wasn't at home when the police came. He was in Mississippi. (The reporter doesn't press that issue - but reasonable person would think he was running from the law.)

She's mad, she's disgusted and she knows he was wrong. But feels like it should've been handled differently and not been on tv. (Apparently another news outlet released their names.) That other people have been beaten around Memphis and they've never been on tv. (Basically, why are you picking on my kid?)

She says there's another tape that exists that's just as bad as the televised one - but her kid isn't in that one.

She says that everyone is judging her but they don't know her. And she wants to apologize to the victims parents in private.
She's sorry that her and her son are suffering the consequences of his actions. They should be happy the victim is still alive. If the other news station released the names I think that is wrong but showing the video helps identify those who attacked the young man and the employees who tried to help him.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If you watch the video you will see that the only reason the blacks were attacked is because they were coming to the aid of the white boy who was being beaten by the mob. They are sending out a message.
In other words they will attack anyone, even Blacks. Thanks for your participation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies