Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,691,736 times

Advertisements

Human beings have a brain and often can justify anything. It's easier to choose as humans what is life is in this context. This pro-choice poster has defined life as brain activity. Animals, trees, plants, bugs etc are all life at what level of their existance shall we say they are alive. When a tree is seed and starts to grow is that life.
Why you choose to kill something defines you as a person. All life created has a purpose and it might not be your purpose and at what STAGE you define life. Without modern meds abortions are not EASY to do, they are not safe and even with a coat hanger or a fall down the stairs these tactics are still deadly for those who attempt it. If you have to risk the life of the mother to kill other life doesn't that sound like your going against nature this is not about GOD. Clearly many fetus die on their own, with no intervention and many reasons are for that is that natures will, GOD's will or just science of facts and situations and genes. In the mother is the only place life is created. Even modern technology of clones has its limits. But it is not NEW life its recycled life when we are dealing with modern technology. Humanity has options in all life, to create, destroy and now recycle.
I think society and human beings should be working on ways to encourage life not destroy it.

If you watch animals in nature they do not kill the baby inside them. Only humans do. Why?
Killing things even watching a house cat will play with a bug before it eats it. As well Dogs etc.
For them in their survival as animals over thousands of years have a reason and purpose to kill other things.
We kill things as humans all the time but for most reasons its for FOOD and or be threat to health and or home.
I am still unsure the real reason to kill a fetus in the purpose of nature.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:49 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,492,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi
We all have a responsibility to stop someone murdering an innocent child. It is our business.
At what week of gestation does it become "murdering an innocent child"? Certainly not at conception which is the claim of Hobby Lobby and most pro-lifers.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,696,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
There have been a number of anti-abortion threads on this board as of late and they all reiterate the same tired arguments. They get a bit tedious since they are the same simplistic arguments over and over again. I will try to tackle these common arguments with my own take on those arguments.

"Abortion is murder"

It's not murder in the sense that it is not killing a sentient being. A fetus is unconscious for most of its existence and even in the later stages it is not fully conscious either and it the early stages a fetus doesn't even have an active brain.

{snip}
In other words, once you dehumanize the human fetus, even in the last days of a pregnancy, and essentially compare it to a pumpkin or a cyst to be lanced, then it's open season on them.

There are not many people who think like you, and thank god for it. Genocides have taken place, once those doing the killing have sufficiently dehumanized their victims.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:52 AM

18,412 posts, read 19,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I believe abortion is murder and I have a responsibility to stop murder.
how are you going to "stop it"? you want every woman in america to be tested for pregnancy at the onset of menstruation thru menopause? once jane at the local mcdonalds is pregnant do we put her in lock down to make sure she keeps her pregnancy?

250,000 women die each year in child birth or soon after, a pregnancy should never be forced on a woman against her will.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,252,098 times
I am pro choice for several reasons.
1. Not my body
2. Not my sin
3. Not my burden
That said, I feel partial birth abortions can and are abused far to often. I think the first 24 weeks of pregnancy is enough time to decide what you want to do. There would most likely be fewer abortions if our adoption policies were so difficult and expensive.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:57 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,748,515 times
Why I am "pro-choice". Just because I find it to be a disgusting atrocity I understand that it is none of my business. (Unless someone tries to abort me )

Old 09-10-2014, 08:58 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,166,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
In other words, once you dehumanize the human fetus, even in the last days of a pregnancy, and essentially compare it to a pumpkin or a cyst to be lanced, then it's open season on them.

There are not many people who think like you, and thank god for it. Genocides have taken place, once those doing the killing have sufficiently dehumanized their victims.
And one could argue that the current meat production system is the biggest genocide EVER, cause they were dehumanized. Whether they are a human or not does not matter. What matters is the amount of sentience and intelligence of the being killed, and in that case, killing pigs is worse than killing babies.

Here's the thing, whats the prospects and potential of an aborted baby? Significantly below average.
What's the prospects of having another baby that the parent does not want to have an abortion? Average.

Basically, there are X amounts of lifeslots in the world currently, fill those lifeslots with the children with the best chances and most loving parents.

AND, If you really love the idea of life, we should be working on increasing the amount of life slots available.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,792,095 times
I used to be a vocal proponent of choice. After having kids of my own and after working for an organization that performs abortions and talking to the clinic workers who assisted in the abortions, my views have changed. I think abortion is very wrong. That said, I choose to just stay out of it. I wouldn't call someone a murderer or try to restrict abortions by law. Morally though, I think that it is murder.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am pro choice for several reasons.
1. Not my body
2. Not my sin
3. Not my burden
That said, I feel partial birth abortions can and are abused far to often. I think the first 24 weeks of pregnancy is enough time to decide what you want to do. There would most likely be fewer abortions if our adoption policies were so difficult and expensive.
Approximately 0.2 percent of abortions performed in this country are what could be terms "partial birth abortions." They are always done for medical reasons and not because the woman suddenly decides she doesn't want her child. How is 0.2 percent "far too often"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies