Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 08:11 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I am flabbergasted at the naivete and ignorance in this post. No corruption!!!????

Top 5 Corruption scandals under Obama:

1. Benghazi
2. Irs targeting
3. Fast & Furious
4. Obamacare
5. Executive order abuse

And how about the contempt of court, NSA spying and the outright lies from the start?
If the above five examples are considered corruption, then what is not?

The more I read the comments from the right in these threads, the more I realize that better understanding between right and left is impossible and any effort toward that end a complete waste of time. Progress not to be had. No wonder the GOP is in disarray, Congress largely dysfunctional, and Americans apathetic, but good thing we have Congress to broker our interests, because we are hopeless -- and we get what we deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 09:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9
I am flabbergasted at the naivete and ignorance in this post. No corruption!!!????

Top 5 Corruption scandals under Obama:

1. Benghazi
2. Irs targeting
3. Fast & Furious
4. Obamacare
5. Executive order abuse

And how about the contempt of court, NSA spying and the outright lies from the start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

The more I read the comments from the right in these threads, the more I realize that better understanding between right and left is impossible and any effort toward that end a complete waste of time. Progress not to be had. No wonder the GOP is in disarray, Congress largely dysfunctional, and Americans apathetic, but good thing we have Congress to broker our interests, because we are hopeless -- and we get what we deserve.
Couldn't agree more. It is both frightening and funny that Obama detractors think Obamacare is a "scandal," even though it has survived two or more court challenges. What particularly is scandalous? I am sure they have no idea until Rush tells them.

Benghazi has been investigated ad nauseum with no wrongdoing found.

IRS targeting - the IRS is charged with determining if groups applying for not-for-profit status are political groups, which are not eligible for such status. Conservative and liberal groups were key-word searched to find applications to investigate. In any case, there has been no evidence that the White House approved or even knew about this activity.

Fast & Furious -- the policy might have been unwise but that doesn't make it a scandal.

Executive Order "abuse" -- what abuse is that, exactly? The President is allowed in the constitution to direct executive agencies. If Congress believes their authority was challenged they have the means to go to court.

As far as these "scandals" are concerned, they are from the department of, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Thank you for stereotyping and not responding to any specifics on these items. It just shows that the left has nothing to stand on except ideology and that failed a long time ago.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Thank you for stereotyping and not responding to any specifics on these items. It just shows that the left has nothing to stand on except ideology and that failed a long time ago.
LearnMe subcontracted that task to me, in which I undercut each and every non-"scandal" raised. I did so in post#1312, which noticeably you ignored.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:16 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,420 times
To the OP, Obama getting what he wanted, success. America becoming a better nation under his stewardship, total and complete utter fail.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:17 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
IRS targeting, Fast & Furious, definitely scandals.

Benghazi, still not completely clear, as some info is still secretive. But the stupid video excuse and resulting reaction was definitely scandalous.

Obamacare, possibly just around the Gruber comments. But more of a bad policy than a scandal.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:19 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
He has maintained Bush policies in Iraq and Afghanistan so that's a big failure. He hasn't gotten us into any new major wars so that's good. But he's bringing in ISIS fighters pretending to be refugees so that's a failure for America but might be a win for him (if he's undercover Muslim) if they blow NY and DC up as they have promised.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:32 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
SCOAMF - stuttering clusterf#ck of a miserable failure

Old 11-20-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
IRS targeting, Fast & Furious, definitely scandals.

Benghazi, still not completely clear, as some info is still secretive. But the stupid video excuse and resulting reaction was definitely scandalous.

Obamacare, possibly just around the Gruber comments. But more of a bad policy than a scandal.
scan·dal
ˈskandl/
noun
noun: scandal; plural noun: scandals

an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.
"a bribery scandal involving one of his key supporters"

Don't confuse policies that may be not-thought-out properly, mistakes or policies that you disagree with, as scandals. None of those things on the list were anything approaching scandals.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
But he's bringing in ISIS fighters pretending to be refugees so that's a failure for America but might be a win for him (if he's undercover Muslim) if they blow NY and DC up as they have promised.
what a crock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies