Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post

Is there a due date for the return of Christ so that I can mark it on my calendar??
Unfortunately no. But Jesus gave us this:

The disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

Last edited by Bideshi; 09-12-2014 at 05:15 AM..

Old 09-12-2014, 04:26 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It's a mistake, escalating this thing. We keep doing the same idiotic things in Iraq hoping for a better outcome and it's always done out of fear.
Putting fear in people is a powerful tool. If you believe Obama, as some apparently do, ISIS is at our doorsteps and ready to cut our heads off.

When Obama doesn't know how to run his own country, leads from behind, talks from both sides of his mouth, is an inveterate liar, talks about things he knows nothing about, discounts what his military advisors recommend, will only listen to his inner circle, takes no responsibility except when it serves him, ignores issues until he is forced to face them, just to mention a few of his weaknesses, what makes him think he can run a war?

Old 09-12-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Kill them all, nope. But when you have 100 enemy and you kill 90 of them the threat goes way down. Logic is your friend folks.
If you want to use logic, you would understand that although the threat may go down, it doesn't stay down. What we have seen is that this threat - Islamic extremists - which Obama declared on the run, has risen under a different flag and are stronger in numbers, more determined, and hence the threat is even greater.

You underestimate the will of the enemy, an enemy that is ruthless, fearless, and willing to die not for their country, but for their cause.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's impossible. The Saudis are backing ISIS (AL Qaeda et al) to overthrow Shia regimes. If we actually go after ISIS we are in effect taking the Shia side which includes Iran, Assad, and Hesbollah.
It's temporary. It will be enemies as usual if they can sort ISIS out.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
It's temporary. It will be enemies as usual if they can sort ISIS out.
I once asked a Jordanian friend what it would take to have peace in the Middle East. I expected an answer involving Israel and the Palestinians, but he said " There will not be peace in the Middle East as long as two Arabs are left alive."

Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And when you have 100 enemies, kill 20 of them and 100 innocent civilians...you end up with 200 enemies.

Worse, at some point we end up with dead Americans, all to try to make things better for the people of the ME. It's not worth it.
You might learn to shoot better and as for the civilians in ISIS controlled areas ISIS is already killing them as fast as they can. We are talking about bombing missions not troops on the ground in the front lines, those fighting on the ground will be the locals.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:52 AM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
Quote:
But for some reason we sure do have the power to create them!!!!

Is there a due date for the return of Christ so that I can mark it on my calendar??
Normally, I enjoy talking with people on here with different views than mine. Some, like you are not able to be respectful however, and are a smart a**, so I don't talk to them anymore- good bye.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Normally, I enjoy talking with people on here with different views than mine. Some, like you are not able to be respectful however, and are a smart a**, so I don't talk to them anymore- good bye.

I'm sorry you're leaving the discussion. The challenge to all of us, left or right, is how to keep America out of this unwinnable mess, and then how to lessen the negative consequences of staying out. In or out we will pay a price.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
If you want to use logic, you would understand that although the threat may go down, it doesn't stay down. What we have seen is that this threat - Islamic extremists - which Obama declared on the run, has risen under a different flag and are stronger in numbers, more determined, and hence the threat is even greater.

You underestimate the will of the enemy, an enemy that is ruthless, fearless, and willing to die not for their country, but for their cause.
Then let's accommodate them with their wish and send them on to their virgins. You want to sit around and do nothing until they shoot your family be my guest, I am a firm believer in pro-active action when they are required.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then let's accommodate them with their wish and send them on to their virgins. You want to sit around and do nothing until they shoot your family be my guest, I am a firm believer in pro-active action when they are required.
Let them come to us and have them bear the logistics burdens. We'll handle them when they get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies