Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
no its the mainstream liberal way of thinking that all homosexuals are monogamous.
Some are, some aren't, just like Heterosexuals.
Never heard anyone say different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, I quite liked that Rosie with her talk show and compassion and charity.

She used to seem more open and tolerant of different viewpoints. Now she just seems extremely angry.
No, she just has a ****ty personality. She was no different on her original show, The Rosie O'Donnell show. Anyone that points with their finger, does not deserve to be a talk show host because they have lost control and its RUDE.

Tom Selleck on the Rosie O'Donnell Show - YouTube

I was always perplexed why she ever had a show in the first place because of her behavior/tone.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
no thanks.... cant watch... pure trash

A militant lesbian
An ex-soul train dancer
A admitted welfare queen
A token "conservative" who hated her employer

Who cares what this bunch of losers has to say?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I liked her then too. I faintly remember her starting to go loony when she grilled Tom Selleck about guns. He was trying to have a rational conversation with her about the changing culture, but you can't have a reasonable discussion about guns with someone whose argument starts with "guns bear a responsibility too."

I don't watch the View either. The reason I'm even aware of this is because she is in the news now with her returning to The View this week. She was fired for some reason a few years ago, and so clips have been popping up of her in various articles and news feeds, as she's a very outspoken liberal and reflects (at least I thought?) much of the opinions of the average liberal. (Re the hate for Sarah Palin and the Bush deflection in spite of a six year Obama presidency).
I remember that Tom Selleck interview and I believe they were friends back then, which made it weird.

I agree she is very angry now. I know life can make people that way but I don't get why she's put on shows. She lost her "whatever" that made her fun in the beginning, she offers very little now. She isn't anyone and yet everyone wants her...for the ratings? I suspect this is a short term assignment as are most View placements. I've never watched the show, only seen YouTube clips, and I don't like it. Me and my son have way better convos about everything than 4-5 semi-celebs on camera. We don't yell nearly as much and aren't vying for facetime.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I remember that Tom Selleck interview and I believe they were friends back then, which made it weird.

Tom Selleck on the Rosie O'Donnell Show - YouTube

Old 09-18-2014, 12:05 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
Not a chance. The distinction goes to FauxNews, I mean propaganda channel. Opppps, I mean FoxNews. Oh well, same difference.

Seriously. This is not a political show, folks. These are not journalists or politicians. They're entertainers who are (wait for it) ENTERTAINING!

The "dellusion" is when people (who should be) more well educated in the subjects are on one of the big 3 news networks and yapping. Hmmm . . . .what network does this the most?

My favorite "delusional" such show has all conservatives talking w 1 obviously fat and unattractive male liberal whom they cut off and belittle every chance they get. I love that it is "in your face obvious" what they are trying to convey.

Like those old commercials where a Mac was a "young hot college boy" and a PC was an "older overweight middle-aged male."

Old 09-18-2014, 12:10 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
A militant lesbian
An ex-soul train dancer
A admitted welfare queen
A token "conservative" who hated her employer

Who cares what this bunch of losers has to say?

A "Welfare Queen" is a female mother who lives off welfare and ABUSES the system. Anyone making serious bank no longer qualifies as a "Welfare Queen" and is probably an example of welfare being used effectively- used for short term hardship then off.

So who is the "Welfare Queen" among these women?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
unattractive male liberal whom they cut off and belittle every chance they get. I love that it is "in your face obvious" what they are trying to convey.
unattractive male liberal, who might that be, so many

How about Wolfe Blitzer and Chris Mathews - talk about unattractive.

You know who actually was a pretty good talk show host (politically) was
Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer. I guess one can quit/resign his day job.
I rather liked his delivery.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
A "Welfare Queen" is a female mother who lives off welfare and ABUSES the system. Anyone making serious bank no longer qualifies as a "Welfare Queen" and is probably an example of welfare being used effectively- used for short term hardship then off.

Take three guess which they put that label on, you can eliminate the other based on one factor the poster uses.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:20 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:

Whoopi Cushion. Let's add drug addict to her list of accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies