Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:45 PM

352 posts, read 324,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Elitist!

Enjoy the View!

Remember to send in your editing notes after each show.
I will never understand why lowly people think that the word "elitist" is an insult. I'm proud to be elite and I hope that my kids will be elite too. If you don't strive to be elite, what's the point?

And no, I would rather kill myself than watch The View voluntarily. The majority of my exposure to that horrible show was through comedy programs making fun of it, or the occasional "it's on in the background" situation where I can't tune out the shrill arguments of the various morons they have.

And I'm appalled at the lack of editing that happens these days. Just look at Yahoo articles and see how many have idiotic typographical errors or worse in them. There's no pride in the work done by people anymore. Even when I send text messages I am sure to capitalize and punctuate my writing properly. Maybe it's because I have to use my brain for a living, but I feel that I can't turn off my brain like so many people do. Any time I have a typo in something I've posted, it's embarrassing to me.

And I don't get why this thread stayed active without being closed. What's with the moderators on this site? They'll close a perfectly good discussion about how food is displayed at bakeries and restaurants (covered or uncovered), but they'll allow a trolling topic like this to just go on and on.

The View is a stupid show meant for women that has no value whatsoever. It has also given "credibility" to several women who deserve absolutely no credibility like Hasselbeck or McCarthy among many others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
It's amusing that conservatives watch this show. I've never seen it before & have no interest. Plus, I work.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:15 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
I will never understand why lowly people think that the word "elitist" is an insult. I'm proud to be elite and I hope that my kids will be elite too. If you don't strive to be elite, what's the point?

And no, I would rather kill myself than watch The View voluntarily. The majority of my exposure to that horrible show was through comedy programs making fun of it, or the occasional "it's on in the background" situation where I can't tune out the shrill arguments of the various morons they have.

And I'm appalled at the lack of editing that happens these days. Just look at Yahoo articles and see how many have idiotic typographical errors or worse in them. There's no pride in the work done by people anymore. Even when I send text messages I am sure to capitalize and punctuate my writing properly. Maybe it's because I have to use my brain for a living, but I feel that I can't turn off my brain like so many people do. Any time I have a typo in something I've posted, it's embarrassing to me.

And I don't get why this thread stayed active without being closed. What's with the moderators on this site? They'll close a perfectly good discussion about how food is displayed at bakeries and restaurants (covered or uncovered), but they'll allow a trolling topic like this to just go on and on.

The View is a stupid show meant for women that has no value whatsoever. It has also given "credibility" to several women who deserve absolutely no credibility like Hasselbeck or McCarthy among many others.
I agreed with everything you said until you asked for the moderators to close this thread. What's wrong with discussion? It's called Politics and Other Controversies.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I think its interesting that you call it FauxNews. Is it because they do not sugar coat the news like CNN and MSNBC?
They're all Faux News nowadays. I've noticed all the channels have an agenda, not just in what and how they report something, but also in what they choose not to report.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They're all Faux News nowadays. I've noticed all the channels have an agenda, not just in what and how they report something, but also in what they choose not to report.
Correct. It is one of the few lessons the right ever taught me years ago, many do not realize that they are all tainted news. That is why if one wants to get the truth on a subject they have to do so real leg work on their own. Meaning listening to various news sources and searching on the Web and not just settling for one of two sources there. One would have thought that Free Press means that they would simply be able to write about any subject without interference from the government and that what you got would be all the facts. Unfortunately that has never truly been the case, even back in Colonial Times. It seems the more sources we have today only means there are more opportunities for one factor or another to post half-truths and slanted news in order to further their own agenda. I doubt this will ever change so the best advice is to take anything you hear or read with a grain of salt. If it sounds like it is a little off or slanted I would highly suggest doing some research before buying into the premise being pushed and especially before posting a link to one as a source of your facts many posters will tear you apart for making that mistake, we all learn from our mistakes.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Correct. It is one of the few lessons the right ever taught me years ago, many do not realize that they are all tainted news. That is why if one wants to get the truth on a subject they have to do so real leg work on their own. Meaning listening to various news sources and searching on the Web and not just settling for one of two sources there. One would have thought that Free Press means that they would simply be able to write about any subject without interference from the government and that what you got would be all the facts. Unfortunately that has never truly been the case, even back in Colonial Times. It seems the more sources we have today only means there are more opportunities for one factor or another to post half-truths and slanted news in order to further their own agenda. I doubt this will ever change so the best advice is to take anything you hear or read with a grain of salt. If it sounds like it is a little off or slanted I would highly suggest doing some research before buying into the premise being pushed and especially before posting a link to one as a source of your facts many posters will tear you apart for making that mistake, we all learn from our mistakes.
See, we agree on some things.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:18 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:

Good for you

Old 09-24-2014, 06:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
WellI find it amusing that liberals watch Fox News when they hate it so much.....hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's amusing that conservatives watch this show. I've never seen it before & have no interest. Plus, I work.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:

It is simply another word that has been made to sound evil by groups that are desperate to attack others, Liberal and Progressive are two more examples of that.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
WellI find it amusing that liberals watch Fox News when they hate it so much.....hmmmm...
One needs to keep an eye on the Cons to see what new BS they are being fed. The funny thing is to watch something come out on FOX or one of the other right-wing "news" sources and see the multiple threads posted by righties on the same topic using the same words, lemmings are rarely creative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies