Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,900,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Chi's tend to be very territorial and protective of their owners,(like mine), but once he gets to know you, he is very loving and does not forget. Chi's need to be socialized when their pup for them to warm up to people when they are adults, if not, then yes they can be a bit nasty and yes it goes back to the owner.
Chihuahuas? Loose ones have jumped on my leashed dog a number of times--and I would have been well within my rights to allow my dogs to kill them.

But no, I'd get into trouble because of it. I do not understand why my dogs (who have NEVER initiated fights with strange dogs on walks) should just be asked to stand there and take the abuse.

I have gone on walks before, neighborhood/public sidewalk. One guy (in violation of leash laws) had his two small dogs in his front yard. I stopped my dog, and asked him to get his dogs so I could go on by.

He ignored me, and both of those small dogs attacked my dog on leash. I pulled her against me, but not before she got a hold of one ear. That little snit was screaming like a banshee.

So here we are, with his dog stretched out between us, screaming all the while. The idiot finally got the message and gathered both his dogs up and took them indoors.

I never saw those two again. It's sort of funny now, but it wasn't at the time. My dog is the one who would have gotten blamed.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 09-19-2014 at 12:58 PM..

Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,163,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Where I'm currently residing I am surrounded by Pits and Pit owners. I don't like it. These cretins think its cool to make their dogs aggressive. " MY dog is BAD" is a pervasive attitude, and is most annoying. Its an interesting thing to note that almost all of these myriad Pit guys here bouts are mid twenty something, and so fat and sloppy they can't get out of their own way.

Shaved heads are the thing and numerous tattoos as well. They wear T shirts adorned with praise of biggness, as they lead their nasty tempered Pits about the neighborhood. These are the stereotypes that pervade peoples take on Pits. And I TOTALLY understand that.

I have a dog of my own. She is a Husky/Pieranease mix, large, but very timid. She's just a big silly girl dog that loves everyone. She doesn't even bark at strangers. She's also quite old, at 14. A clown that used to live across the street let his Pit out one evening, while I was playing with her. His dog saw us, and immediately charged, across the street, into MY yard, crashing full tilt into my chain link fence, trying to get at us. I hate to think of how that would have went without that fence.

The idiot rolls over and gets hold of the dog, not even acknowledging me standing there. The punk was actually smirking! Maybe if he knew how close he'd come to his POS mutt stopping a fullisade of 00 buck he wouldn't have been so amused. These types of owners, who project a desire to be a badass onto their dogs, are the issue. These idiots can't and will never be the formidable individual the dream they are, so they live, vicariously, through these animals.

I have seen Pits , who's owners are sane, normal, people, that are more likely to just drown you in slobber licking you than trying to kill you. Its NOT the dog!! Its the owners. I don't like Pits. I think they are an ugly canine. But I don't hate them. To each their own, but if your own means turning an ugly, powerful, dog into a killer, it better not spill over onto me n mine.
EXCELLENT POST!

Old 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,912,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yeah buddy. A lot of small dogs like poodles and chihuahuas have that Napoleon Syndrome. Poodles tend to be the worst. Now, I as a kid was bitten by several dogs, and everytime I deserved it. However; it was a different time, because otherwise think of how many lawsuits my parents could have won, or dogs we could have had put down, regardless if it was my fault or not. Now, of course as I've gotten older I know better not to tease dogs and even though I don't own dogs (I own cats) they love me. At any rate, from my experience with dogs (we have a ton of them in my neighborhood) the bigger ones seem to be the friendliest, and easier to approach.
i never approach dogs, i let them approach me instead.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:54 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,396,872 times
Quote:
Pretty crappy that you murdered someone's dogs when they've caused no harm to you or your children. To some, a person's pet(s) are an extension of their family.
And to be so proud of it.........really sick.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,011,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Chihuahuas? Loose ones have jumped on my leashed dog a number of times--and I would have been well within my rights to allow my dogs to kill them.

But no, I'd get into trouble because of it. I do not understand why my dogs (who have NEVER initiated fights with strange dogs on walks) should just be asked to stand there and take the abuse.

I have gone on walks before, neighborhood/public sidewalk. One guy (in violation of leash laws) had his two small dogs in his front yard. I stopped my dog, and asked him to get his dogs so I could go on by.

He ignored me, and both of those small dogs attacked my dog on leash. I pulled her against me, but not before my dog got a hold of one ear. That little snit was screaming like a banshee.

So here we are, with his dog stretched out between us, screaming all the while. The idiot finally got the message and gathered both his dogs up and took them indoors.

I never saw those two again. It's sort of funny now, but it wasn't at the time. My dog is the one who would have gotten blamed.
My neighbor with his German Shepard in walking him had his dog attacked on two occasions. Both times the dogs kept charging, and eventually my neighbor said "get him!" on both occasions he had those dogs in his jaws. The one neighbor was cool about it, and even yelled at his dog (a boxer) saying "don't you realize when you're getting your a** kicked dummy!" The second neighbor was like "please don't let your dog kill my dog!" On both occasions nothing further developed, because on both occasions those dogs were loose and off of their leash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i never approach dogs, i let them approach me instead.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And to be so proud of it.........really sick.
Indeed. I would only do it as a last resort, and in self defense. But that goes for anything.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:04 PM

87 posts, read 90,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
"Sleepy treats", problem solved.
Thank you so much for proving what I have always said about dogs. One dog is worth at least 1,000,000 humans.

BTW, enjoyment of murder and torture of animals is, IMO, the most despicable behavior in a human. The next time you are around a dog, be very grateful they cant give you a "sleepy treat".

Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM

87 posts, read 90,686 times
Everyone complaining that people shouldn't own pit bulls, have you ever been to an animal shelter? The vast majority of dogs up for adoption are the overbred pit bullsand or pit bull mixes. And do you think the dogs overbred themselves? Obviously this a human made problem and it should be up to humans to fix it!

Its about time we stop killing the dogs who are behaving in a way that they were raised to behave, they way humans trained them to behave, and start killing the people who know better but choose to be a******s instead. Trust me, the world would be a much better place.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:16 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,638,075 times
Dogs, unlike firearms, DO have a mind of their own. Owners need to realize that different breeds of dogs are bred specifically for different purposes and that it is "in their blood" to do what they do. That said this doesn't mean that the dog(s) cannot be raised to obey and even be affectionate. Still the owners need to realize what breed of dog(s) they have and what it is potentially capable of. And to restrain the dog(s) properly and effectively on their property. In this instance, if I read the article correctly, the dogs left the owner's property to attack the victims. That being the case, I hope that the victims win their lawsuit and that the owners also receive stiff punitive (fines/jail time) for what happened. To me it is no different then leaving a loaded shotgun on your front porch for a mentally incompetent family member to pick up and use on some unsuspecting passerby. "Oh I didn't think they were capable of that"!! You're STUPID too!!!

Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,050,350 times
Quote:
Pretty crappy that you murdered someone's dogs when they've caused no harm to you or your children. To some, a person's pet(s) are an extension of their family.
Dogs and cats are not people. Yes, you can get attached to them, but they are not children. They're going to die in 10-14 years, you'll get another and that one will die in 10-14 years.

I grew up with dogs, and I like dogs, but there's no reason, unless you're a dog fighter to own a pitbull.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,972,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Dogs and cats are not people. Yes, you can get attached to them, but they are not children. They're going to die in 10-14 years, you'll get another and that one will die in 10-14 years.

I grew up with dogs, and I like dogs, but there's no reason, unless you're a dog fighter to own a pitbull.
Strange since I have never met a pit that was aggressive to people and I have met a lot of them, heck a lady I know has two and one of them is scared of her own shadow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies