Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:25 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times

Advertisements

This lady is a loon. Notice the silence from the crowd and hosts.

9/11 Truther Rosie O'Donnell Sees 'Financial Agenda' In Hitting ISIS - YouTube

Old 09-25-2014, 07:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
I'd rather agree with this loon over the loons who have convinced themselves that ISIS poses an immediate threat directly to the US.

If there is a financial agenda (which, honestly look at our government; is it really unreasonable to assume there is one?), I doubt it would come down to oil. Maybe it's to fund a different group that will become our next targets, which in case you haven't noticed, has been what keeps bringing us back over there. Maybe, and this is crazy, if we leave the Middle East, it will fix itself? Or completely self destruct and rebuild. Either option is still cheaper and better in the long run.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This lady is a loon. Notice the silence from the crowd and hosts.

9/11 Truther Rosie O'Donnell Sees 'Financial Agenda' In Hitting ISIS - YouTube
I agree. Add Wooopie to that list and it's a winner.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:52 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Uh Oh....

Proven oil reserves in MMbbl

Syria 2500
Rwanda NA
Congo 1940

US 26,000+

So basically, Rosie is a moron. "A LOT OF OIL". Syria is 35th in the world with proven oil reserves and their numbers are so low they are meaningless.

List of countries by proven oil reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They should have a friggin google search built right into the view instead of just letting morons spout *facts*. Heck, I'd love all news organizations to have to do this too.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'd rather agree with this loon over the loons who have convinced themselves that ISIS poses an immediate threat directly to the US.

If there is a financial agenda (which, honestly look at our government; is it really unreasonable to assume there is one?), I doubt it would come down to oil. Maybe it's to fund a different group that will become our next targets, which in case you haven't noticed, has been what keeps bringing us back over there. Maybe, and this is crazy, if we leave the Middle East, it will fix itself? Or completely self destruct and rebuild. Either option is still cheaper and better in the long run.
Fact check.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Uh Oh....

Proven oil reserves in MMbbl

Syria 2500
Rwanda NA
Congo 1940

US 26,000+

So basically, Rosie is a moron. "A LOT OF OIL". Syria is 35th in the world with proven oil reserves and their numbers are so low they are meaningless.

List of countries by proven oil reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They should have a friggin google search built right into the view instead of just letting morons spout *facts*. Heck, I'd love all news organizations to have to do this too.
Yeah, but her larger point is quite valid. Nevermind oil reserves in Syria...EVERYTHING we do in the Middle East comes down to oil. Don't fool yourself.

And the bonus is that continued belligerence there is a great reason to inflate the threat and keep the money flowing to that 5x5 edifice in Washington.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:45 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times

Classic Movie Line #4 - YouTube

Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, but her larger point is quite valid. Nevermind oil reserves in Syria...EVERYTHING we do in the Middle East comes down to oil. Don't fool yourself.

And the bonus is that continued belligerence there is a great reason to inflate the threat and keep the money flowing to that 5x5 edifice in Washington.
Exactly-her point remains.

Quote:
Yep, same here.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:55 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:

I agree that we should leave the ME, if you agree we should secure our borders and allow more energy production. The only reason we even care about the ME is because oil is there. Otherwise, we'd care as much about their problems as we do about Peru's.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree that we should leave the ME, if you agree we should secure our borders and allow more energy production. The only reason we even care about the ME is because oil is there. Otherwise, we'd care as much about their problems as we do about Peru's.
More energy production?

We're fracking the country in half for crying out loud!

What more do you want? You want us to bulldoze your house and drill under it also?

Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies