Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,512,979 times

Advertisements

Both. It strengths our economy to have younger workers paying taxes than if we were an all White nation. Japan refuses to allow immigrants and their economy is in a permanent slump. Europe's economy is largely due to an older population that has few young tax payers to fund the glut of retired baby boomers. We don't have this problem... but we do have more conflict and a less cohesive society. That said by most standards the USA is still improving (lower crime, high life expectancy)

Old 09-29-2014, 05:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,279,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not just near the Mexican border. It's all the across our nation. Everywhere I have traveled to Latinos are nearly always speaking in Spanish and rarely in English. Is that what you call assimilation?
Are you like, really poor or something (no offense intended)? I ask because I rarely, if ever, see Latinos speaking Spanish. I would have to go to a traditional Mexican bar or a really poor area of town to find people speaking in Spanish. Even when I went to the non touristy parts of Mexico I found people speaking English, albeit relatively few. Day laborers, hired help, construction, and fast food workers are the only people that I have ever heard speak Spanish, but that's usually to other workers.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...endangered species? WHITE people are an "endangered species"?

GTFO.
You're right.

Black people in the US are becoming "endangered" tho. I say that because of the very low Black birthrate; high B on B murders AND more and more mixed race "Black" people; usually light skin quadroons and octoroons now ID'ing as "anglo white" or even "Hispanic".

Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's South America so that ain't saying much.

Argentina is a basket case.
Agreed.

Tho Chile might be getting it together in 2014. The way they handled "Los 33"; the famous miner rescue a few years back, DID impress me.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You're right.

Black people in the US are becoming "endangered" tho. I say that because of the very low Black birthrate; high B on B murders AND more and more mixed race "Black" people; usually light skin quadroons and octoroons now ID'ing as "anglo white" or even "Hispanic".
I don't think their birth rate is an issue. At 2.1 they are just under the required fertility rate and that is due to higher infant mortality rates as well as the higher homicide rate. Interracial relationships aren't really an issue either since black women are really only interested in black men, and, as a corollary, won't be having kids with a non-black mate.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
So you move right by Mexico in territory invaded from the Mexicans then complain some people speak Spanish? Why not move to one of those Aryan camps in Montana that will get you away from those people you dislike. How you can be an adult shocked some people speak Spanish near the Mexican border is astounding to me.
Funny how it's Ok for la raza to pull that bit but; they forget that Mexico took a bunch of land from Spain about 30 years earlier. Word was going by how people rolled back then; if the Mexicans had LOST their war against Spain, IMHO Spain would've simply SOLD what was then Mexico and most of Central America to the US just to get rid of it. The French sold a bunch of land to the US a few years before.

Too; Spanish is a "white man's" language but; even the brown skin Indians in LatAm still usually speak with pride it even when hating on "white" people.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't think their birth rate is an issue. At 2.1 they are just under the required fertility rate and that is due to higher infant mortality rates as well as the higher homicide rate. Interracial relationships aren't really an issue either since black women are really only interested in black men, and, as a corollary, won't be having kids with a non-black mate.
I'm in Bullhead City and MOST Black ladies under about 30 years old here; if they have kids at all, it's usually with anglo white dudes. Same thing with Black dudes and white women here. Black and Black couples here under 30 are a lot more rare.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm in Bullhead City and MOST Black ladies under about 30 years old here; if they have kids at all, it's usually with anglo white dudes. Same thing with Black dudes and white women here. Black and Black couples here under 30 are a lot more rare.
Although, the most stable, WM/BF are the rarest of all couple pairings. I'm not sure why it would be that common where you are. Unless I'm mistaken, WM/BF pairings are more common in the SE USA.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Argentina is one of the wealthiest nation in its continent.
Can you refute anything that I've said?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:23 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Most ethnic groups self segregate. Look on Face Book, I bet over 90% of folks on their page look just like them. What is wrong with people wanting to be with people who look like them? Humans been doing it for a thousands of years
Well, I don't think in those terms. I'm a Black American male, and about half of the people on my facebook are White and female. Personally, what concerns me is if people treat me right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies