Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 09:46 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Already been pointed out, several times, then the argument goes back to whether they violated the law and some do not believe the laws should be in place and others want to turn it into a forum on the merits of different religions. And round and round we go
According to what has been posted concerning AR law, she is in violation of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Dusty McDaniel (AR attorney general) sticks his liberal nose into this circus.

I still support her and everyone else's right to discriminate against anyone or any group they want. I give it a week before it either is off everyone's radar or it completely backfires on her.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
According to what has been posted concerning AR law, she is in violation of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Dusty McDaniel (AR attorney general) sticks his liberal nose into this circus.

I still support her and everyone else's right to discriminate against anyone or any group they want. I give it a week before it either is off everyone's radar or it completely backfires on her.
I already know you believe it is better that people be allowed to discriminate as it will expose them for who they are, I disagree on that point. I do agree with your final statement.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post

I'm not sure what the Attorney General could do. Arkansas's anti-discrimination law creates a civil cause of action between the discriminated against and the discriminator. The law doesn't empower the State to intervene in cases of discrimination (like the laws do in most states) and force the business to change. Arkansas's law allows and person discriminated against to sue and recover compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney's fee from the discriminator in an Arkansas court.

This woman won't be punished until an enterprising Muslim goes to the business and gets turned away - and he then sues her for $30,000.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:26 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know? avowed purpose is to subjugate, convert or kill you

I have known several Muslims since about 1970 and none of them ever acted like that at all.
Can you compare a Baptist to a WESTBORO Baptist?
So you mean they were "bad Muslims", who didn't follow the practices decreed by their religion? Good for them.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So you mean they were "bad Muslims", who didn't follow the practices decreed by their religion? Good for them.
So the majority of Americans are "bad Christians" because they certainly don't follow every practice decreed in the Bible.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So the majority of Americans are "bad Christians" because they certainly don't follow every practice decreed in the Bible.
Thankfully, yes. Though I don't recall the bible saying "Kill the infidels".

Forcing a non-Muslim to rent firearms to a serious, practicing Muslim is no different than forcing a black range owner to rent to a Klucker. Joining a vicious, violent little cult is a choice. The owner should have the option to refuse to hand a deadly weapon to such cult members.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
But there is a whole lot of smiting of enemies ain't there.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But there is a whole lot of smiting of enemies ain't there.
Yep. Which is why I'm just as happy that most Christians don't take their books too seriously.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

Forcing a non-Muslim to rent firearms to a serious, practicing Muslim is no different than forcing a black range owner to rent to a Klucker. Joining a vicious, violent little cult is a choice. The owner should have the option to refuse to hand a deadly weapon to such cult members.
Islam isn't a vicious, violent little cult. It's the second-most-followed religion in the world. It's very possible Muslims will outnumber Christians one day. So I would suggest you gain a better understanding of Islam, rather than embrace this very biased, very negative interpretation. With billions of practicing Muslims in the world, it's safe to say that if all the "good Muslims" were the bloodthirsty jihadists you believe them to be, that Christians would already be wiped out.

The owner should not have the option to discriminate on the basis of religion. That is anti-American, and anti-freedom.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yep. Which is why I'm just as happy that most Christians don't take their books too seriously.
Has happened before and most likely will again, heck if some here had their way they would already be doing it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies