Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 AM

74 posts, read 66,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
It's a great day for Oklahoma!
No...it's a great day for GAYS in Oklahoma.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
If you aren't gay, then why do you(and other straights) feel so strongly about it? I can understand if you were gay or had a gay family member, but it has no affect on you if gay marriage was illegal(unless you are gay yourself).
Believe in equality, don't believe in discrimination for starters.... Just because something doesn't directly impact me, doesn't mean I don't have strong feelings on a subject.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:01 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
If you aren't gay, then why do you(and other straights) feel so strongly about it? I can understand if you were gay or had a gay family member, but it has no affect on you if gay marriage was illegal(unless you are gay yourself).
I pride myself on being a good, moral person. I couldn't say that about myself if I didn't fight for what is right. Gay marriage is right.

If you aren't gay, why do you care enough to try to prohibit gay marriage?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
This is a darn silly statement.

Any american citizen has good reason to care about the entire suite of civil rights that comes with citizenship.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:28 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
If you aren't gay, then why do you (and other straights) feel so strongly about it? I can understand if you were gay or had a gay family member, but it has no affect on you if gay marriage was illegal (unless you are gay yourself).
You're clearly projecting.

You clearly cannot comprehend how non-gays without gay family members can strongly support marriage equality because you're baffled by the concept of supporting rights even when those rights will not affect yourself of someone about whom you care.

Not everyone is so self-absorbed.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Funny how you on one hand say Gallup is inaccurate and on another use them as a source . He was right by the way. He said only about 22 percent of people are against it, and that poll confirms it. Just because people think the access should be less than legal in all circumstances doesn't mean they oppose abortion. Nice try though.
I used it because obviously you all say it's accurate, even though I still think it's flawed. In my eyes, opposing all or most is against abortion. Even I think abortion should only be used in special cases like rape or endangerment to the mother or baby's health. I'm sure that is what the 58 percent includes. I don't think people should just have an abortion whenever they feel like it or because they think they're "not ready." Again, being opposed to most or all is prolife in my eyes.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:34 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Turnout in NC was also quite low since the GOP decided to have the vote during the Primaries rather than during the General Election. Of course some who are younger are opposed, the vast majority are in favor and to think otherwise is delusional.
Not in North Carolina. Almost all of the college age kids I knew in NC voted to keep marriage between a man and woman.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:34 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Even I think abortion should only be used in special cases like rape or endangerment to the mother or baby's health.
I've never understood people who are against abortion, but then say it's okay in cases of rape and incest. If you think abortion is the murder of a human being, what makes it okay to murder a person because he or she was the product of a rape?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:37 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Not in North Carolina. Almost all of the college age kids I knew in NC voted to keep marriage between a man and woman.

The largest group of college kids in N.C are in Durhan and Orange (especially in proportion to the population of the counties) they voted how on it....

Old 10-13-2014, 10:38 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've never understood people who are against abortion, but then say it's okay in cases of rape and incest. If you think abortion is the murder of a human being, what makes it okay to murder a person because he or she was the product of a rape?
it's also about punishment, ya made your bed now lay in it! if the sex was consensual then no abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies