Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 04:20 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
When he asks, "Who is the biggest threat to world peace". What the question is effectively interpreted to mean by those who responded is this, "Whose actions create the most violence around the world, America or ISIS?".

As many have said over the course of this thread, ISIS wouldn't even exist had America not invaded Iraq. Thus in a sense, America is actually responsible for ISIS and everything ISIS does. On top of that, America is largely responsible for the rise of the Taliban and Al'Qaeda with our interventions in Afghanistan. And we are partially responsible for much of the violence that goes on across the Middle-East. Either by overthrowing governments, installing despots, or supporting despots(IE Iran and Egypt). I won't even mention our support for Israel, regardless of the evils it is committing.

The war in Iraq alone has killed around 150,000 Iraqi's simply from violence. Let alone any excess deaths from lack of food or from disease(some estimates of total civilian deaths are over a million). America came in and basically destroyed the entire country, the water supplies, electrical grid, roads, bridges, etc.

And all of that is going on only in Iraq. If you start adding up some of the death tolls in other countries America has involved itself in(and that is practically everywhere in the world), you can really start to understand the carnage wrought by US foreign policy.

You can practically guarantee that in every country where there is blood being spilled, America is supporting one side or the other(with a lot of weaponry in tow). Sometimes they do it overtly, and sometimes they do it covertly. America for instance was actually providing the weapons to Al'Qaeda affiliates in Syria(IE ISIS) to overthrow the Assad regime. In fact, if it hadn't been for overwhelming American civilian opposition to intervention in Syria a year ago. Obama had planned on large-scale bombing of Syria to allow "the rebels"(IE ISIS) to overthrow Assad.

Thank god the American people have more sense than the Federal government, or the ISIS problem would be even bigger than it is now.

Furthermore, America bombed Libya, the place is far worse off today. America overthrew the Iranian government back in 1953, setting up the rise of the Islamic Republic that we see today. Everywhere that America touches turns to poison. You can pretty much guarantee that America was/is involved in the overthrow of the elected Ukrainian government which ultimately led to the war that is raging in that country right now.

There is nowhere in this world I would rather live than in America. But American foreign policy is terrible, and largely counterproductive. I'm sorry that you can't see it.

With that said, I neither hate America, nor do I have any sympathy whatsoever for people like ISIS. I am a huge critic of Islam in general. And I am sure I am making your point in regards to Islam elsewhere in this forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post36900825

My only point is, in most parts of the world, America is actually doing more harm than good. Things have actually gotten worse, not better. Our actions in the Middle-East have done nothing but radicalize Islam.

The Redhunter: "The Steady Erosion of Women's Rights in Egypt"

I just wish we would learn our lesson. But when someone calls America's foreign policy out for what it is, they get called an "America hater". It is stupid.
Great response! You are absolutely right and I am with you.
There are two sides of America. The good side is american folks. They are mostly nice, big hearted and decent people. The bad side of USA is its inhuman and piratic foreign policy that full of lie, hypocrisy, meanness and arrogant neglect to other nations. Most of them hate America for a good reason.
And yes, USA instigates war conflicts around the world to get any profit for the account of other nations blood. It is not just egoistic and immoral. It is satanic!
And yes, USA likes to destroy the entire country, the water supplies, electrical grid, roads, bridges, airports, factories and even schools, hospitals, multi-apartment buildings and houses of innocent civilians!!! Now we exactly can see such activities in the Eastern Ukraine. Ukrainian president who is another obedient american puppet and is managing by the WH, acts in the same way. By the american order he ruined and destroyed infrastructure of the Donbas region. He created the humanitarian catastrophe in the Donbas. OSCE already confirmed the fact of the catastrophe.
But the WH keeps blaming russians. It's very sneaky policy to destabilise a country and simultaneously to accuse another country for this situation using MSM which is totally under govt control nowadays.
So, America is a great country with great people and has a lot of good assets. But the US foreign policy is the major evil on the planet. And too much bastards in the WH.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Arrow take some grad courses in propaganda:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
Have you heard of the phrase less is more? Or perhaps KISS?
Yes, when you are writing for a dumbed down American audience It sux to be Rupert Murdoch with his nefarious agenda, and people are finally waking up to the crap.

I know many on here for QUITE some time, and the lame "keep it simple, stupid" is a meme from trash media. And soulless corporate psychobabble.

You seem to have a need for dumbed down brainwashed audiences. Or your agenda master does.

Cheers.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
sad to hear that. arent they the same university that gave us timothy leary and barrack obama?
lmfao- Timothy Leary? .
Cointel pro for anyone who researches.

Look up Opium Drug Wars and Afghanistan poppy fields now manned by OUR military. We, the taxpayers are paying for this.

Too bad Orange Sunshine is no longer legal in America like the 1960's, as supplied by the CIA.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The communists via "education" are teaching the kids to hate America.. they have been doing this for years.
Yes, honey. research the Riley coffee company in New Orleans , Oswald, who funded him, and your beloved Lyndon Baines Johnson.

You are sadly misinformed. And the communist meme died in 1989.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:44 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I will never accuse you of that.

You really don't get it !!! Your own comments are all the proof necessary.
Check out number 25. It might remind you why leaving the 3rd grade was so difficult and that is worse.
smh..........

This liberal indoctrination has accomplished what bullets and bombs could not..........

Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM

Its so easy for shills to polarize , rather than present facts and learn from history. ssdd.

No wonder so many ALEC shills post here. No thought required

Old 10-17-2014, 02:29 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
SMH

When you finish trying to be too clever by a half, a "threat" is "bad".

And if America is considered a threat, then America is then "bad".

And if America is consider a bigger threat, then that makes them "badder" that ISIS.

Which then makes them worse.

And that's just idiotic!

Common sense is too uncommon today...........Sometimes we're a little too smart for our own good.
Good and bad are useless vague terms and hold little meaning. Saying ISIS is bad, while true, what does that mean big picture? How bad? Are they the worst we've ever seen. Are they the current most dangerous group? I feel logically the answer to both is no. World powers, like the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany did things ISIS is not even close to being able to do. And honestly, there's a long list of countries that could annihilate every ISIS member in a years time (though this would be costly and largely ineffective in the long run).

But what is a threat?

Let's look at the current reactionary scare in the US: Ebola. The virus that requires direct contact with the fluids of an infected individual. Ebola is easily preventable by being cautious around those infected. But is it a threat? Sure! Getting it would be awful. Treatable in the US, but unpleasant all the same. But here's where the amazing ability to think comes into play: how likely is it that you will actually contract the disease? I'll give you a hint: it's not likely at all, unless you enjoy touching vomit, diarrhea, and blood you see laying in pools around the streets. So for me, and I really hope you also, it's not really something you need to preoccupy yourself with.

Now, apply that logic to America. America, if turned violent, could collapse world economies, decimate agricultural development, tear down infrastructure, and cripple military powers; some of this, not even requiring soldiers to be deployed. ISIS, no matter how hard it tried, could never do that. But, would America do that? Much like contracting Ebola (so long as you are not an idiot), the chances are miniscule. In fact, you're more likely to get Ebola that to have the US turn against the entire world; just to put that in perspective.

So continue your blind and rather unneeded love for every thing about the US. Like it or not, our government lies to us daily and could easily use it's superior military force to kill all of us and cripple the world. Will it do this? No (the lies it still does, hence why some think ISIS is actually a world threat despite no evidence of this existing). But to deny that it could is quite literally the most idiotic thing I can think of.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:49 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Look up Opium Drug Wars and Afghanistan poppy fields now manned by OUR military. We, the taxpayers are paying for this.
Under a plausible pretext, we, the taxpayers are paying for overthrowing a democratically elected president of a distant country, for creating terrorist organizations, for instigations of an armed conflict in other nations, for killing innocent people by drones, for invasions, interventions and meddling in different states, etc. and so on...
So, the Afghanistan poppy fields is only one short gray thread in this huge many-coloured design of the tapestry of the US foreign policy crimes.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:26 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Under a plausible pretext, we, the taxpayers are paying for overthrowing a democratically elected president of a distant country, for creating terrorist organizations, for instigations of an armed conflict in other nations, for killing innocent people by drones, for invasions, interventions and meddling in different states, etc. and so on...
So, the Afghanistan poppy fields is only one short gray thread in this huge many-coloured design of the tapestry of the US foreign policy crimes.
Agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies