Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Uh, huh...

Those commies know all about life.

Where is McCarthyism when you need it?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:46 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
And their parents are paying how much per year for their darling off spring to get brainwashed?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM

366 posts, read 452,647 times
I'd rather live in the suburbs than a sand **** hole in the desert blowing myself up. I guess GPAs don't mean you have good sense.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
And these kids are our future............SMH

Old 10-08-2014, 07:58 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Ok, while some of these students clearly don't know what they're talking about, some actually raise very sensible points. America has influence that ISIS is not even close to having. If you are to base threat off of being a POTENTIAL threat, America is the better choice. ISIS does not have access to the largest military on Earth, it is not a far reaching 'empire,' and does not have nearly the amount of WMDs that the US has at it's disposal.

The US has time and time again screwed up. The US did in fact create ISIS. Not intentionally, but that doesn't change anything. We may have good intentions (or we do, the politicians... who knows) but we don't always do everything right. We destabilize places by accident all the time (ISIS).

Bare in mind, they aren't saying America is worse than ISIS. I think this video does a poor job at making that point clear, which given the source is not surprising at all. The guy in hat, for example, obviously thinks America has the moral high ground. That does not mean we aren't causing more problems than ISIS, which in all objectivity is nothing but a petty gang of teenagers compared to the US.

It should also be noted that the point they were making was not that ISIS isn't a threat. It's just, big picture, ISIS probably won't gain much traction outside of the Middle East. There may be sympathizers all over the world, but rationally speaking, the threat of ISIS is mostly going to be contained within the Middle East. Whereas America, if we wanted to kill every body, we could. We could fire a nuclear missile with such accuracy that we could hit Assad between his eyes. We don't do that because we know better. ISIS doesn't know better, but they won't have the capabilities to do that anytime in any of our lifetimes (and since the ISIS fad will probably die out with the next 10 years, if that, being concerned with ISIS taking over the world is rather silly).

Old 10-08-2014, 08:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Who cares?

American Conservatives have more in common with ISIS than not. Maybe these Harvard students will become educated enough to express that more precisely one day.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
American Conservatives have more in common with ISIS than not. Maybe these Harvard students will become educated enough to express that more precisely one day.

Ya, looks like we need to bring back McCarthyism, to straighten this mess out.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The guy in the hat actually does have a point, and that is that while America may not be evil, American actions to at times destabilize regions and lead to conflict that we later have to come back and address.

American actions based on American interests helped ISIS to blossom...same as they originally helped Saddam and Bin Laden blossom before having to turn against them.

We're the ones who needlessly invaded Iraq on false pretenses, blew up the power structure in the whole place, implemented some shaky puppet government, and left hoping for the best. That's what created the power vaccuum that allowed a group like ISIS to take advantage in the first place.

ISIS is more evil than America, but without the help of American actions, these guys would not be as big a threat as they are today.
Sure they would. I've watched this academia mindset forever. In 1979, the media was interviewing university of Hawaii students what they think we should do about the hostages taken in Iran at the time. Funny, not one came on base to ask us what we thought. Same thing is happening today.

To all those at Harvard. Please, please I beg you. Put down your silver spoons and go over there to right our wrongs. Please, pick up a weapon and tell them you are there to fight us for all the bad we do and how much we made them turn against us because hey, you know. Please start shooting at us.

Don't like to travel? Great, come down and start shooting at me. I promise you, unlike the president I will react and it will be ferocious and quick. Stand your ground. Come down and make a statement. Square off with me. Prove to me you are right. At least with me, they can bury you in a coffin. With ISIS, we'll need a small box and a big one. One for your head and one for your body.

We didn't help them blossom. They created their hate primarily from poverty, brainwashing, and no future. Period. There is never, ever an excuse for their type of behavior. There is no defense. And while America is anything but perfect, we get it right more than we get it wrong. Snap out of it. Folks like pol pot, Stalin, hitler, Noriega, the dead guy chavez from Venezuela, Castro, sadam, Putin, and a dozen others got there by themselves.

Unlike the left, we need to stop apologizing for promoting democracy. I'm tired of hearing the academia espouse this hatred only to hide behind their lavish pensions due to tenure or end up on wall street fin the American herd. If you believe them then go fight for them. And if you do, may you be swift of foot and bullet proof because sooner or later, there is a drone, cbu, or .556 with your name on it.

May the Sheldon hackneys of the world have the chimichangas to LEAVE us once and for all. Before one makes this choice they might want to google a few of the Isis videos of their executions of Iraqi soldiers. Or, is that our fault too?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

Two sentences will support your claim?

Provide evidence to back that up.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:18 PM

366 posts, read 452,647 times
Anyone who supports these drugged out yuppies might as well join ISIS. We don't need you in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies