Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 03:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,755,570 times

Advertisements

With all the funds being dumped on this crisis, perhaps when it settles down and we contain it.....we could build them water treatment plants, train them to work there and bring clean running water to the huts? I can't help but ponder what good all the Peace Corp programs and all the other funding did for Africa besides showing them how to grow a tomato plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 03:11 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm tired of the "blame the nurse" attitude that has cropped up with this issue. Nurses are on the front lines of health care, and they're not paid enough to take this kind of crap from the public. But it's easier to blame them than the CDC, or hospital admin.
That's a good point. Nurses take their marching orders on the job from someone else.

But the one nurse who flew after treating duncan and knowing her coworker got ebola...well, I think it's fair to say to that nurse "what in the world were you thinking?".

Old 10-21-2014, 03:11 PM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
It's the modern way of "solving" problems......treat the symptoms, not the underlying cause. Most people are lost on this concept. Though I think many people live their lives solving their own problems in the same way, treating symptoms, and see it as "right" so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
Poverty and ignorance are the problem. If you had no money you would eat bushmeat too. We can't fix poverty and ignorance in Africa, though I suppose there are Americans who think we should. We can't even fix it in our own country. So we contain the fallout of it - what you call symptoms - and hope for the best.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Poverty and ignorance are the problem. If you had no money you would eat bushmeat too. We can't fix poverty and ignorance in Africa, though I suppose there are Americans who think we should. We can't even fix it in our own country. So we contain the fallout of it - what you call symptoms - and hope for the best.
Right, you can't fix stupid/ignorance/people who don't want to do.

Nature, in its cruel way, is actually trying to "fix" this though mankind comes in, well meaning, and contains the fallout...for this time.....but 3 other leaks occur as a result.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Right, you can't fix stupid/ignorance/people who don't want to do.

Nature, in its cruel way, is actually trying to "fix" this though mankind comes in, well meaning, and contains the fallout...for this time.....but 3 other leaks occur as a result.
Welcome to the Forum! You have earned your Junior Wingnut badge by cleverly blaming people born into hopeless squalor and poverty for the condition they are in. I don't suppose you can get your head around the idea that you could be them save for your good luck at being born in the USA. Maybe you will be one of Les Miserables in a future life. Let's hope so.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:33 PM

27,162 posts, read 15,338,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm not the one who's been harping about denial.

Ms. Vinson did what she was advised by the CDC to do.

I'm tired of the "blame the nurse" attitude that has cropped up with this issue. Nurses are on the front lines of health care, and they're not paid enough to take this kind of crap from the public. But it's easier to blame them than the CDC, or hospital admin.

I'm not blaming her either outside of it was a bad decision that due to the seriousness fo the matter did cost others a lot of time & money that should & could have been avoided.

The CDC did not advise her to travel.
The may not have stopped her but they did not tell her to either.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:33 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,755,570 times
So what you are saying is that poor ignorant black people can't be taught to live better? Got it.
I say we can fix stupid here....stop letting it reproduce and stop giving it welfare.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
So what you are saying is that poor ignorant black people can't be taught to live better? Got it.
I say we can fix stupid here....stop letting it reproduce and stop giving it welfare.
OMG! Yes, here we go people - Living Better in Liberia 101. Honestly, you right wingers are so out of touch with what real life is like. Have you ever traveled? I give up. You boggle the mind with the things you come up with. Forget your stone cold hearts. How can anyone be so simplistic and naive about the world they live in?

Old 10-21-2014, 03:43 PM

27,162 posts, read 15,338,717 times
Just reported- Nina Pham is improving and now upgraded to Good condition.

Great news!

Old 10-21-2014, 03:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Just reported- Nina Pham is improving and now upgraded to Good condition.

Great news!
She wasn't too bad off to begin with. I was surprised that she was giving interviews and such from her hospital bed. They must have caught it very early with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies