Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 05:42 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The NBC cameraman has recovered and been released from the hospital according to news reports. I also have seen several reports that Amber Vincent is much improved and is up and about. Other than the botched case in Dallas the US is batting 100 with Ebola cases. The liklihood of anyone else coming down with it from Duncan is dwindling by the hour. It all unfolded just like the CDC said it would. Looks like Obama saved us afterall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Anyone know how the 2 nurses are doing?
Already covered. Pham was upgraded to good condition today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 05:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hmm. So the question is was the travel advisory necessary or not? And the other poster was saying that historically travel bans have not worked. I can't make a determination one way or another from this one example. However, I am starting to suspect that there is not actual historical evidence on the efficacy of travel bans as claimed by another poster.

Thanks for the information!

Old 10-21-2014, 05:56 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Already covered. Pham was upgraded to good condition today.

Mums the word on Vinson.
I'm hoping to hear good news on her soon, I think we all are.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Mums the word on Vinson.
I'm hoping to hear good news on her soon, I think we all are.
Here is one:

Ebola Outbreak 2014: Amber Vinson's Condition 'Improving,' Family Friend Says : News : Headlines & Global News

Old 10-21-2014, 06:33 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
The NBC cameraman has recovered and been released from the hospital according to news reports. I also have seen several reports that Amber Vincent is much improved and is up and about. Other than the botched case in Dallas the US is batting 100 with Ebola cases. The liklihood of anyone else coming down with it from Duncan is dwindling by the hour. It all unfolded just like the CDC said it would. Looks like Obama saved us after all!

Just saw that, more good news is certainly welcome.

NBC News Freelancer Ashoka Mukpo Declared Free of Ebola - NBC News

"Ashoka Mukpo, the cameraman diagnosed with Ebola while working in Liberia as a freelancer for NBC News, has been declared free of the virus and will be allowed to leave a biocontainment unit at the Nebraska Medical Center on Wednesday, the hospital said Tuesday.
A blood test confirmed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that Mukpo, 33 — one of eight Americans to have been diagnosed with Ebola — no longer has the virus in his bloodstream, the hospital said. It said he's free to head home to Rhode Island. "Recovering from Ebola is a truly humbling feeling," the hospital quoted Mukpo as saying. "Too many are not as fortunate and lucky as I've been. I'm very happy to be alive."

Old 10-21-2014, 06:47 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
I don't know if you are there yet, but your solution to Ebola - let those Africans living in deplorable conditions die because it is just nature's way and they deserve it for not being born better

Let me break down what my view is again in another way that might be easier to grasp. And I'll use your logic. I can say you wanting to push our tax dollars to Ebola ridden countries, where instead it could be used in our own country to fund/help kids with cancer, research cancer, help to our homeless, helping inner city kids, kids who are homeless living on the streets/being abused, helping battered woman, on and on is a very selfish approach by you to not to want to solve these problems right at home first with our limited resources($). I thinking that would put you in the "wingnut" category. And you also just might have a role in Les Miserables!

I'm guessing you'd tell me we have plenty of money to fund the world's problems and our own and I'll again say we are already in the hole a pile of money and when our economy tanks, countries holding our debt decide to not want to hold our debt anymore for one of many reasons, etc., we are in for a world of hurt holding such debt. Though I understand many today figure if they have a 30k limit on their credit card, it means they can easily spend up to it and pay the minimum and......ooops.....lost the job. Now the fun begins on how debt can bite one hard.

"not being born better".

So parents of said country have zero responsibility, it's the tax payers of another country that should fund their selfishness having kids in such conditions? Amazing. Can I deduct thousands of dependents if this is the logic we are dealing with?

Again, I don't understand/work in a victim mentality mode. Many people in this world were brought up in countries with less resources and money and make things work somehow without being on the perpetual hand out train.

Last edited by stevek64; 10-21-2014 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
So in saying so you think it was a good idea?
A good idea? No. Acceptable? Yes.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:11 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Fascinating look at the current outbreak, from Richard Preston, author of The Hot Zone

Inside the Ebola Wars

Dr. Humarr Khan, as related by his sister,

“I told him not to go in there, but he said, ‘If I refuse to treat them, who would treat me?’ ”

He died in Sierra Leone, on July 29 of this year, of Ebola. He was 39 years old.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 PM

654 posts, read 1,251,091 times
Does anybody know where Duncan was buried or burned? When who, where , how...what?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 PM

328 posts, read 434,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Does anybody know where Duncan was buried or burned? When who, where , how...what?
No, but why is his fiance here in America looking for an apartment?

My questions is does anyone know of the government/CDC getting a patent on ebola that happened in 2010 on Obamas watch?

Something very fishy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies