Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 03:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,931,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Immigration policy is determined by the federal government and they often take into consideration international opinion when formulating immigration policies. That often conflicts with what Americans want, which is more restrictive immigration. The US for example wants better relations with India but they have to loosen H1B restrictions since the Indians want that as a condition of better relations with the US. The US also has to not damage relations with Mexico which is why there is almost no crackdown on illegal immigration from Mexico since illegal immigrants in the US are a big source of revenues for Mexico.
Uh; not much Mexico can do against us IF the US came down HARD on illegal aliens. Same thing with India and its visas to come here.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Yes, it's hopeless, which is why dems are openly fretting about a wave GOP vote and the GOP taking the Senate in the midterms.

They are also petrified that black turnout will be very low:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/19...referrer=&_r=0

dems are doing great but they can't even get their most reliable bloc to turn out.
Agreed and; IF the Repubs blow this next month, they DESERVE to just crawl away and die.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:04 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,034,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and; IF the Repubs blow this next month, they DESERVE to just crawl away and die.
GOP has a demographics problem no question. But the dems have a governance problem: their policies don't work. Blacks vote for democrats no matter how bad things are for blacks. Will hispanics be the same way? Perhaps, but time will tell.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:16 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not much Mexico can do against us IF the US came down HARD on illegal aliens. Same thing with India and its visas to come here.
Except ruin America's reputation with its allies and make it look like a racist country to the world. The Third World is a bit touchy about that and are less likely to support the US if they do so.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:18 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
World to Ann Coulter,p iss up a rope.
Yup.
Easy for you to say, Coulter… you have never run for a position in your life, and never will. It's easy to park your bony butt in a Barca-Lounger and be an Armchair General.

If the Republican Party follows Ann Coulter's cynical and ruinous thoughts, that's their problem.

Racial minorities aren't looking for a love fest- all they want is representation. Any politician or political party who doesn't realize every minority is just as important as the white folks are going to be in big trouble now, and bigger trouble in the future. The bigger the minority, the bigger the trouble.

Outreach is no longer an option, if it ever was. It's now a necessity, and that is not going to change.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:26 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,600,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why should any party suck up to any racial or ethnic demographic?
They have no choice if they want to win the next elections !

Old 10-19-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Except ruin America's reputation with its allies and make it look like a racist country to the world. The Third World is a bit touchy about that and are less likely to support the US if they do so.
Uh; the US is having some real problems right now and we def DON'T need more 3rd world people here, especially illegal aliens. It ain't got anything to do with "race" either. It's got everything to do with "culture".

Tho knowing places like India; IF they had a bad disaster, they'd STILL have their hand out to the US. That's the way they roll.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:29 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
American Latinos are smart enough to know the negative effect illegal immigration (who, by and by are not always Latino) has will hurt them the most.

IIRC most of the Central and South American illegals are not Hispanics but Indians who cannot speak a word of Spanish instead speaking tongues like Mixtec, Quechua, Naolan, etc.

Legal immigrants (of all ethnicities) also loathe the idea of illegals getting amnesty, since it'd make a mockery of all their hard work.

I get that you don't like Latinos for whatever reason and I respect that decision, but they're not some monolithic hive-mind acting in unison. They're just as tribal minded, diverse, and fractious as Europeans or Africans.
Those Americans of Mexican descent compose the largest group of Hispanics in this country and smart or not they want amnesty for their illegal amigos.

You've got a link of course proving that most of them coming here don't even speak Spanish? I never said that I don't like Latinos so please don't put words in my mouth. If they are here legally, respect our immigration laws and have assimilated into our country I don't have a problem with them.

Does the tribal minds of the Europeans, Africans, etc. include them putting their ethnic group above our immigration laws and anyone who disagrees gets called a racist by them? Um, no.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:32 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
Neither political party is genuinely interested helping....they are interested in buying votes. Neither the GOP nor the Democratic party gives a fiddlers f*ck about poor people, black people, or Hispanic people. They care about themselves and their party. But at least the Democrats buy votes with policies that help people....so that, despite my cynicism, is why I vote for them.
I see, so the Democrats pandering to Hispanics for votes by promising amnesty is helping the American people? How so?

Old 10-19-2014, 04:37 PM

156 posts, read 119,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The problem is one [Republican] is actually hostile towards the ideas of many minorities...
I don't think the GOP is necessarily hostile to minorities...they just don't go out of their way to help them. IMO the real issue with the GOP isn't a policy of actively excluding the ideas of minorities...they are just apathetic to the issues of the non-monied class. Now...the correlation is obviously evident because minorities tend to be poorer but I don't think the correlation is enough evidence to claim causation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies