Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:26 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
A person has the right to decide what to do with their body. When the Govt does more then decide what is safe or not, that is when you lose your freedoms. Abortions are going to occur, no matter what some group says, it is better to happen in an environment where the woman is safer.
If one has the right to do as they wish with their body, what does it matter if it's safe or not?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:30 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,575 times
I'll be all for abortion regulation when women are required by law to get a license to procreate.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:32 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I'll be all for abortion regulation when women are required by law to get a license to procreate.
They should have to wear burqas as well otherwise men might be tempted

Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Supporting a woman's right to choose isn't anti-life.
No matter how you want to spin it, abortion is infanticide.

Turkey slaughters 1.5 million Armenians and it is called genocide. Hitler slaughters 6+ million Jews and other "undesirables" and it is called a holocaust, but when Democrats slaughter 56+ million Americans between 1973 and 2013 they call it "pro-choice."

The Democratic Party should be called the Necrophilia Party for their love of death, particularly American deaths.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sorry, buddy. You don't get the right to define who is a real American or not. Nobody does.
Actually, the Declaration of Independence defined who is a real American and who is not, not I. Real Americans believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The basis upon which this country was founded. Anti-Americans, a.k.a. the Democratic Party, vehemently opposes life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

The Democratic Party is the true enemy of any real American.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Turkey slaughters 1.5 million Armenians and it is called genocide. Hitler slaughters 6+ million Jews and other "undesirables" and it is called a holocaust, but when Democrats slaughter 56+ million Americans between 1973 and 2013 they call it "pro-choice."

The Democratic Party should be called the Necrophilia Party for their love of death, particularly American deaths.
I didn't realize the Democratic Party made abortion legal. I thought it was the Supreme Court.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
No, not all surgical practice in the state needs to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital, and many kinds of outpatient surgery in many different fields are performed daily without such restrictions.

The intent of these laws is entirely to reduce the availability of legal abortions. And as every study ever shows, reducing the availability of legal abortions increases the occurrence of illegal abortions. And that increases the risk to womens health overall. So the supposed legal justification for these laws is a lie.
And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the cancer of liberalism on full display. Rather than expecting people to follow the law, we will tailor the law so that those who lack the ethics and personal responsibility to follow it won't be inconvenienced. There's liberal reasoning for you.

Law-abiding citizens will have less safe procedures followed so that the liberal can earn more votes by pandering to the people who would rather break the law than follow it. Three cheers for Democrats!
Quote:
Women will get abortions. Period. You cannot legislate that away. Period.
And another nugget of wisdom. We have laws against theft and yet people still steal. I guess your brilliant plan would be to make stealing legal then, yes?
Quote:
Make it harder for women to get abortions and they just go outside the system. It has ever been so, and it will ever be thus.
So what? People go around the system to rape, steal, defraud, assault, drive while drunk, etc. You are making no point at all. "If we make it illegal, people will do it anyway" is a pathetically weak argument.
Quote:
An acorn is not an oak tree. An egg is not a chicken. And a zygote is not a person.
Roe V Wade says that the state's interest in potential persons allows it to ban abortion past the point of viability. So, once again my friend, your argument is a complete failure. The very court decision that pro-choice people rely on for legalized abortion denies your assertion. If an unborn fetus was equivalent to an egg or an acorn, the state would have no legal compelling interest in it. So try again.
Quote:
Only one of these is not clear to a lot of people. If you are one of these people, then I suggest you don't have an abortion. But leave other women alone to make their own choices. OK?

Simple enough, right?
Not really, because once again you're using a ridiculous argument. If you're one of the people who doesn't agree with stealing, then I suggest you don't steal. But leave other people alone to steal if they want to. Simple enough? No, obviously not. Changing abortion to something else easily reveals the weakness of your argument. It does nothing to justify elective abortion.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:

You are too funny, I bet you think every woman who has an abortion does it in their last trimester too.

Oh and "infanticide" means the crime of killing a child within a year of birth. A fetus isn't an infant until after birth.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are too funny, I bet you think every woman who has an abortion does it in their last trimester too.

Oh and "infanticide" means the crime of killing a child within a year of birth. A fetus isn't an infant until after birth.
It never ceases to amaze me the propensity Marxist fascists have for self-delusion.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me the propensity Marxist fascists have for self-delusion.
So I gave you a logical response and you responded with this? Well it is clear you don't realize that an infant is the stage after birth, I am also sure you have no idea what stage women typically have abortions in. I also find it amazing that you think the federal government should be telling Americans what they can and cannot do with their own body. Who would have thought that you would support such a strict nanny state idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies