Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 07:13 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Didn't you just blow up yer own point?
I do wear seatbelts and drive defensively.
I carry good insurance (literally and figuratively).

the seatbelt part is having the firearm, the driving defesively part is the training with a firearm, and the insurance part is having the firearm on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
They don't, the police do that, but you also don't need to carry a firearm around for that. You can keep it locked away at home like a responsible gun owner would do. If someone pointed a gun at me demanding my wallet, they would have to be close enough to take my wallet, which means I would attempt to give it to them and see if they go away. If they still don't, then I would push the gun aside and defeat them using Taekwondo. I studied it in high school for two years, and I used it outside of the studio against bullies (the bullies were not subject to UFC rules or the rules of sparring in martial arts). I don't need a firearm to defend myself. There are those who do, and that's what the 2nd Amendment individual right to bear arms is for.

I know some will argue about tyrannical government or whatever, but this 2014. Unless you're prepared to say that individual civilians should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, the 2nd Amendment is about self defense.

a responsible firearm owner does not keep their firearms away. responsible firearm owners make sure everyone coming into their home is properly trained in their use or they do not let them in or keep them out of rooms that have firearms in them.
as far as the nuclear weapons go, I think if you can afford it, to include the making of the weapon and all materials to go with it, then you should be allowed to own it.
"shall not be infringed" is exactly that, no weapon or firearm that can be possessed should be infringed upon. and yes i do believe in the tyranny part, and that is why i stated it so you would understand my view concerning the tyranny of government.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:19 AM

jeeze, all the useless people on the board that truly think that police have to come to your resque when you call 911. the courts have already ruled that the police do not even have to answr a 911 call, let alone respond to your crime in progress. that does not mean that they wont respond, it means that they do not have to come to your aid.

people have to remember that the person most responsible for your own safety is you. do not rely on someone else to protect you, especially the cops or government.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:25 AM

Tamara, if you ever want to do some shooting on a nice 800 yard range, let me know. you can also bring any firearm you want here to shoot them too.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Didn't you just blow up yer own point?
I do wear seatbelts and drive defensively.
I carry good insurance (literally and figuratively).
No, I didn't "blow up" my own point. Can you read properly? When did I suggest that YOU don't wear seatbelts?

My point is, that despite wearing seatbelts, despite driving alertly and defensively, despite having auto insurance (have no idea how that's supposed to prevent someone from being in an auto accident, but whatever), tens of thousands are injured and killed on US roads every year.

My point is that there are NO guarantees in life. There never are, no matter how smart or prepared you think you are.

My other point is that Americans have a higher chance of dying in an auto accident or dying prematurely from heart disease or other illnesses due to poor diet and lack of exercise (remember, we're one of the fattest, most sedentary countries on the planet) than they do of being victims of random violence.

I'll say it again: Americans fear the wrong things.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:05 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Actually, I am not asking much about me at all.

I have enough quarks to answer that question.

But if I wear a boy, if I actively carried a pistol on dates, if on weekend trips, I carried a rifle as well, what
"should" be the answer?

For me, it's "normal"; people expect me to carry a rifle on away trips.

But how does the rest of the world see people like me........perhaps see people like me that they don't realize exist?

The world sees you as PARANOID!

Old 10-28-2014, 08:10 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
...........such as when I travel, it's with my USP at the ready. If I am spending overnight at some place at someplace, one can probably bet their money on it that there is a rifle with me as well.

Now, boy or girl, what's the reaction to that?

Now for me, the pistol is part of life. Whether it is USP or a suitable substitute for the mission, it's the way I am. And, if I am far from home and something were to go down, I'd rather have the rifle with me than to be thinking how I an fight back to the armory to get it.

But let's expand the gun question just a little bit more where one knows that if away from home, their boy(girl)toy will be packing...............what's the reaction?

It's not just for me.............but overall. What's the response?

Why H&K over a Sig? If you are female, the Sig would fit your hand better.

My boys (who are 6'2" and 6'3") have BIG MITS. H&Ks and Glocks fit their hands just fine. I have size 7.5 gloves and therefore find a Sig to be much more comfortable.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:13 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here in California, carrying an unloaded gun in public is considered illegal. So if I know somebody carry a rifle in public in California, I would really worry he might be thrown in county jail for up to a year. But I wouldn't report him or act surprised or disgusted. He might not aware of the new change of gun law, I would remind him to keep his toy at home.

If we are NOT in gun free zone, carry all he wants. Nothing wrong with it. As long as he is a responsible gun owner, he should do whatever makes him comfortable or happy.
I'm just glad that carrying a gun in Chicago is against the law too... What? Chicago has more hand gun murders per capita than any other city in the country? Well, somebody better tell those folks killing people that they're breaking the law................ ridiculous!

Old 10-28-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The world sees you as PARANOID!

only the feds, the cops and liberals think that. I sure as hell do not think she is paranoid. she is just prudent in my eye. she is also responsible for her own safety, and not relying on cops to protect her. she is not a sheep.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why H&K over a Sig? If you are female, the Sig would fit your hand better.

My boys (who are 6'2" and 6'3") have BIG MITS. H&Ks and Glocks fit their hands just fine. I have size 7.5 gloves and therefore find a Sig to be much more comfortable.

she shoots what is comfortable to her. that is more important than any certain brand of firearm. I have big hands and like using the Glock-17 for my ccw firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies