Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:10 PM

180 posts, read 475,663 times

Advertisements

This is something I am having a hard time with. I am a black young male who grew up as a Military Brat. I lived most of my life in different European countries. Growing up race was always an after thought it seemed like. I guess for me I am pre-disposed to think differently because of how I lived. It was very common for an Asian person to be married to a White person who are best friends with the Black people next door whose children's Hispanic and White friends come over to spend the night (I could go on and on). Scenarios like that are soooooo common growing up on a military base. Other Military Brats understand this. I guess you're forced to try and get along when confined to the perimeter the security gates. We were not without our social problems, but we (or at least us dependents) were so blind to color and at least showed sympathy towards one another.

Here in America it seems to be so much different. So my question is this, specifically from Whites and Blacks, why do you HATE each other. Yes various black people have hood and heathen ways, but not all of us are like that. Yes various Whites think they are the sweet and delicious nectar of the Gods and deliberately oppress others, but not all are like that also. So with that being said, what is driving all of the hatred. For a kid to dress up as a KKK member for Halloween is disturbing. (link at the bottom) WHY, honestly, WHY. I just do not understand where all of this hatred could possibly for the love of God even come from. Why is there so much effort taken to put others down.

Why do you feel and think the way you do about other races and what have been your experiences with them? Seriously guys/gals, if you consider yourself an adult, act like one and keep it civilized. This is a chance to gain a perspective from someone else's eyes and ears.
My number one wish, although controversial, is for a poll for the USA to be taken. It would say, "should we go back to the Jim Crow days?" Unfortunately, the polls may be very one sided depending on race. I would start an anonymous poll on here, but the little voice in my head says I shouldn't.

7-Year-Old Wears Ku Klux Klan Halloween Costume, Neighborhood Not Amused

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-02-2014 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: off topic/trolling

Old 11-01-2014, 11:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,217,924 times
my thoughts on race? every human bleeds red. the people who gave me 4 pints of blood when i got shot in Desert Storm were all human and I did not give a damn what the color of their skin was. the only thing i knew of the blood being used during my surgery, was that all of it came from the USA.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
This is something I am having a hard time with. I am a black young male who grew up as a Military Brat. I lived most of my life in different European countries. Growing up race was always an after thought it seemed like. I guess for me I am pre-disposed to think differently because of how I lived. It was very common for an Asian person to be married to a White person who are best friends with the Black people next door whose Hispanic and White friends come over to spend the night (I could go on and on). Scenarios like that are soooooo common growing up on a military base. Other Military Brats understand this. I guess you're forced to try and get along when confined to the perimeter the security gates. We were not without our social problems, but we (or at least us dependents) were so blind to color and at least showed sympathy towards one another.

Here in America it seems to be so much different. So my question is this, specifically from Whites and Blacks, why do you HATE each other. Yes various black people have hood and heathen ways, but not all of us are like that. Yes various Whites think they are the sweet and delicious nectar of the Gods and deliberately oppress others, but not all are like that also. So with that being said, what is driving all of the hatred. For a kid to dress up as a KKK member for Halloween is disturbing. (link at the bottom) WHY, honestly, WHY. I just do not understand where all of this hatred could possibly for the love of God even come from. Why is there so much effort taken to put others down.

Why do you feel and think the way you do about other races and what have been your experiences with them?[/b] Seriously guys/gals, if you consider yourself an adult, act like one and keep it civilized. This is a chance to gain a perspective from someone else's eyes and ears.
My number one wish, although controversial, is for a poll for the USA to be taken. It would say, "should we go back to the Jim Crow days?" Unfortunately, the polls may be very one sided depending on race. I would start an anonymous poll on here, but the little voice in my head says I shouldn't.

7-Year-Old Wears Ku Klux Klan Halloween Costume, Neighborhood Not Amused
Did you ever have someone try to force another on you? If government and the media would just stop it then as was before Obama people got along just fine, just as you describe. It's only the people who had hatred for the other that had the problem, they always will.

You can't force respect. Respect has to be earned. You can't force friendship, friendships develop.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-02-2014 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 11-01-2014, 11:27 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,613,577 times
It's mainly progressives and their policies. Every time a white person or person who looks white kills a black you have the president of the country go on tv and defend the black person and attack the white person before any facts are out. You have the media and people like sharpton blame whites for the problems blacks have today. Then you have poor white kids get rejected from schools because poorer performing black kids get special race points. How can anyone think that this system will produce anything other than intense animosity?

Old 11-01-2014, 11:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,950,689 times
You have asked THE question I've often puzzeled over and felt discouraged by myself. I too was an army brat and there was never such hatred on military bases and schools that now seems so common in the civilian world. What's up with this terrible anger that different segments of Americans seem to have for each other? I currently live right next door to the Navajo and the Southern Ute reservations. The racial profiling out here is off the charts, and no one says a word about it. I get so disgusted with the treatment Native Americans and any other people of color are subjected to. In my experience if I treat other people with respect and compassion I get to make new friends and discover all sorts of fascinating things about people whose backgrounds are different from mine. If you approach someone with a preconceived notion of hatred, you get back what you hand out. Why don't people understand this simple truth? Why is it so important to hate rather than to understand? What is WRONG with our country? I just don't know, but if this keeps up, it will be America's downfall sooner rather than later.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Did you ever have someone try to force another on you? If government and the media would just stop it then as was before Obama people got along just fine, just as you describe. It's only the people who had hatred for the other that had the problem, they always will.

You can't force respect. Respect has to be earned. You can't force friendship, friendships develop.
Force?

I suppose you could argue the civil war, or maybe just the laws. The reality is that if we ignore the problem it doesn't just go away. And if we pretend it isn't there, it doesn't appear there despite being present.

Let me give an example that I experienced that taught me about what racism really looks like.

I was in Malaysia talking to one of the locals, he wanted to know if we had stopped discriminating against black people. I had to really think about it. Have we? Well I think for the majority of folks we have, there will be some of course that say "they must earn respect" instead of just giving them the respect everyone else is due, but mostly....yeah. So I told him yes, but theres still a ways to go. He told me that was great because racism is awful.

OK so far so good. What happened the next couple days was that pretending it isnt there doesnt stop reality. So the next day im in the factory talking to one of the workers who REALLY knew her stuff on the SQL interfaces, and I asked her how she knew SQL so well. Turns out she had a CS degree.....but couldnt find any work like that because she was female. Oh.....OK. So apparently sex is different from race....but then I asked our local rep why all the managers were Chinese. The response is "Oh well thats because the Chinese are smarter, its why I have a Chinese maid instead of a Malaysian or Philippine one". He then proceeded to list off the desirability of maids based upon their race.

He never for a second thought about what he was saying-it was the sort of thing everyone knows. And thats why ignoring it, or pretending it isnt there is bad.

And thats why saying "you must first earn my respect" is so bad. its not just racist, its labeling someone based upon the actions of others. And in this case specifically the color of their skin. Thats pretty much the definition of racism.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
"If you approach someone with a preconceived notion of hatred, you get back what you hand out."

And for years that's all we've heard if you don't agree with Obama ... you're racist. Who wants to be bothered with that. We have a right to disagree with anyone of any color. Obama and the Democrats (Harry Reid especially) are out of hand with race baiting but if race baiting is all they got I guess they have to use it.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:43 PM

20,127 posts, read 20,922,481 times
I'm sick to death of all the race crap. Enough already. Everyone got along better 20 years ago.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times
Most of my co-workers are black or hispanic and the wife is a native of the Philippines yet, outside of internet forums, I have never really had any discussions on race. You are not going to change a racist's attitude by talking. When liberals state they want to talk about race they really want to talk about instituting more social engineering programs. Let's just treat each other the way we would like to be treated and forget all the talk.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 PM

180 posts, read 475,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

You definitely have a point. However, this is everyday people that this hatred comes from. It has nothing to do with the president and Jesse Jackson, and the media and so on. This is Hatred that's coming from people simply because. What I mean by everyday people is, the White Privilege White people have to dress up in black face for Halloween and laugh about it while blacks LIVE in black face everyday. This is everyday people who think just because "one of theirs" is dating a white person, that gives them the right to be even more spiteful. When it comes to hatred, it's homegrown, not forced. You can always turn the channel and put down the newspaper if you feel things are being "forced on you." Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's mainly progressives and their policies. Every time a white person or person who looks white kills a black you have the president of the country go on tv and defend the black person and attack the white person before any facts are out. You have the media and people like sharpton blame whites for the problems blacks have today. Then you have poor white kids get rejected from schools because poorer performing black kids get special race points. How can anyone think that this system will produce anything other than intense animosity?
This is the problem in this country. It's progressives, it's conservatives, it's this, it's that. When in fact it's you(you as in a general argumentative sense). Political figures are put into office by the citizens of this country. I think we in the USA have gotten to comfortable blaming others. Why is it aaaaalwaays someone else's fault. When in fact the hatred came straight from the horses mouth. Sorry to tell you but, both parties do not have your best interest at heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies